Lifetime ban for supporter following abusive social media posts

David

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

He probably wasn't that hard to track down, even a casual internet user can get to within a few streets of someone's home if they know their IP address.

He probably used his photo in his profile pic though.

If Frankie from The Saturdays :wub: can track down the celebrity trolls then it would have been a pretty simple exercise for DCFC I'm sure.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

NOT A SNOWBALL IN HELLS CHANCE DOESNT DESERVE TO BE CALLED A MAN

You ever made a mistake? Ever said something in anger? Heat of the moment or maybe even calculated and then maybe regretted? As despicable as what this lad has said..... he'll never be able to watch the team he supports ever again. Is that really a just punishment? 

Why can't he be "rehabilitated" instead of being banned for life?

How many with criminal records come and watch Derby I wonder? 

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Social media is a plague. I don't know why people say such despicable things on there and think they can hide behind a computer.

It's all well and good trolling in terms of opinion on football. Who hasn't done that before?

But personal trolling and online bullying is just wrong.

You wouldn't say this stuff to a person'a face, so why do people think it's acceptable online? 

Twitter is awful.

Disagree, only the small minority (everywhere has a minority) make it look like that. Problem is people RT and feel outraged and disgusted, some make money out of saying things considered to be below the belt and crude.

For me it has been an overwhelming and positive experience, and yes I've been trolled to within the inch of my life on there. I mute/block or just ignore the idiots who are crude and disgusting. 

10 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Apologising doesn't go anywhere near making it right. I'm continually getting rid of the idiots on my Twitter feed who post vile things in the name of football banter. It's rife and it's just wrong. 

Trolls, vandals and their type will apologise once they're caught - it means nothing.

55 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

You ever made a mistake? Ever said something in anger? Heat of the moment or maybe even calculated and then maybe regretted? As despicable as what this lad has said..... he'll never be able to watch the team he supports ever again. Is that really a just punishment? 

I am sorry!!!  There is a difference between saying something off the cuff in the heat of the moment and having to log into social media and writing something out. That is pre-meditated and thought out, NOT spur of the moment. So no, this was not a mistake.

58 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

For me it has been an overwhelming and positive experience, and yes I've been trolled to within the inch of my life on there. I mute/block or just ignore the idiots who are crude and disgusting. 

Not everyone is as strong as you appear to be. Some need to be helped.

But calming down and thinking about the lifetime ban, yes there should be opportunity for the guy (if he wants to) to redeem himself and have the ban period shortened.

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Although it`s a terrible thing to do to anyone who has lost a baby ,maybe a lifetime ban is TOO severe .

Didn`t the lad who attacked Kevin Wilson (florest player)on the Pride Park pitch only get a 3 year ban ?

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

This sort of apologist appeasement is half the problem we have in this country. Apparently no-one is to blame for their actions, its their parents, area, poverty, drug habit, add your own excuse here! Then when they are caught you get an insincere apology and they get hugs and sympathy. No sympathy for the victims.

You crack down hard in the beginning and stuff stops. Let it go and the boundaries get pushed a bit more next time. Any parent will tell you that.

The club has the right to ban whoever it wants and was right to do so. Do you want to get back to the crowd problems of yesteryear?

11 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I am sorry!!!  There is a difference between saying something off the cuff in the heat of the moment and having to log into social media and writing something out. That is pre-meditated and thought out, NOT spur of the moment. So no, this was not a mistake.

So a mistake then? A mistake can be pre medidated? Ever done something pre medidated and it's gone wrong? 

Everyone seems to miss this? Are we really going to punish every single mistake a person makes? Why do we wail with retribution every time it happens?

I have made some immoral and terrible mistakes in my time. I'm sure many of us have in regards with football, I'm sure certain fans on and off the forum remember the older days, and some of today who like a good ruck etc. 

There will be folk who have criminal records who go to Derby County football club, many have paid their dues I'd imagine and have regretted what they've done in the past. Do they need to be banned?

This might be the making of the lad, might realise he has to grow and front up to what he's done, which is horrible I agree. He has a choice now.

Wonder how many on here or away would dob one of their own in? I remember @eddie getting covered in beer one away day, found out who it was and apologies were accepted.

Im sorry but for one stupid and albeit horrible comment he's banned for life? Wonder how many who have thrown a punch, glass or table in anger in the name of Derby County still go to games eh?

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not everyone is as strong as you appear to be. Some need to be helped.

But calming down and thinking about the lifetime ban, yes there should be opportunity for the guy (if he wants to) to redeem himself and have the ban period shortened.

Not as strong as you think, I'm alluding to the inch of my life comment in my post. 

12 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

This sort of apologist appeasement is half the problem we have in this country. Apparently no-one is to blame for their actions, its their parents, area, poverty, drug habit, add your own excuse here! Then when they are caught you get an insincere apology and they get hugs and sympathy. No sympathy for the victims.

You crack down hard in the beginning and stuff stops. Let it go and the boundaries get pushed a bit more next time. Any parent will tell you that.

The club has the right to ban whoever it wants and was right to do so. Do you want to get back to the crowd problems of yesteryear?

Totally mis read what I've said..... you really think a life ban for that comment is just? When someone running on a pitch..... or throwing a punch maybe gets a stadium ban for 3/5 years? 

And as for the blame game, you really don't know me do you? 

You live in a very blinkered world if every wrong thing a person does should be punished so severely.

Where do I blame someone else for what he did? 

With regards the crowd problems of yesteryear? I'm guessing you'd want to ban some over 40/50/60 year olds who I'm pretty sure in their day had a ruck of some sort over football. You think they still go? You know anyone with a criminal record and have tried to reconcile and come back to normality? 

Or is throw away the key and sweep under the carpet is your kind of thing eh? Then you wonder why people reoffend if you don't educate or try to turn them into good human beings. People can change, have to give them that chance to and if they are willing. 

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Wonder how many who have thrown a punch, glass or table in anger in the name of Derby County still go to games eh?

Actually I have never done any of that and would support banning anybody who has! 

In your world an embezzler who served a stretch should be allowed back in the accounts department of the company he defrauded! Its not right!

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Totally mis read what I've said..... you really think a life ban for that comment is just? When someone running on a pitch..... or throwing a punch maybe gets a stadium ban for 3/5 years? 

Yes

Next question :)

If you need to punch someone do it in the face, not the feels

9 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

So a mistake then? A mistake can be pre medidated? Ever done something pre medidated and it's gone wrong? 

Everyone seems to miss this? Are we really going to punish every single mistake a person makes? Why do we wail with retribution every time it happens?

I have made some immoral and terrible mistakes in my time. I'm sure many of us have in regards with football, I'm sure certain fans on and off the forum remember the older days, and some of today who like a good ruck etc. 

There will be folk who have criminal records who go to Derby County football club, many have paid their dues I'd imagine and have regretted what they've done in the past. Do they need to be banned?

This might be the making of the lad, might realise he has to grow and front up to what he's done, which is horrible I agree. He has a choice now.

Wonder how many on here or away would dob one of their own in? I remember @eddie getting covered in beer one away day, found out who it was and apologies were accepted.

Im sorry but for one stupid and albeit horrible comment he's banned for life? Wonder how many who have thrown a punch, glass or table in anger in the name of Derby County still go to games eh?

You are missing the point. He did it as a Derby Supporter NOT AS AN INDIVIDUAL and Derby as a club have to be seen to do something. 

Effectively, he did it in the name of Derby County. I think he got what he deserves.

As for the alleged criminals you allude to who attend the matches. I am sure they didn't rob or steal in the name of Derby or they too would not be watching the team on a weekly basis

1 minute ago, FindernRam said:

Actually I have never done any of that and would support banning anybody who has! 

In your world an embezzler who served a stretch should be allowed back in the accounts department of the company he defrauded! Its not right!

Once again you've got that wrong. 

I know people who have defrauded the company they have worked for out of money. Paid the price and come out the other side.

Your original post back to me. Do people really need punishing that strong for any misdemeanour? Throw away the key to a person who has a scuffle? Someone gets upset and smashes a window or a door? If you said something untoward to someone and they reported you..... how would you respond?  

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yes

Next question :)

If you need to punch someone do it in the face, not the feels

So if I reported this comment (which I won't) to Derby County that you're prepared to punch someone in the face at Pride Park you'd be bothered? 

6 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

You are missing the point. He did it as a Derby Supporter NOT AS AN INDIVIDUAL and Derby as a club have to be seen to do something. 

Effectively, he did it in the name of Derby County. I think he got what he deserves.

As for the alleged criminals you allude to who attend the matches. I am sure they didn't rob or steal in the name of Derby or they too would not be watching the team on a weekly basis

Haha, nice alluding..... telling me there's blokes who go to games now who never threw a punch in the name of Derby County? 

Not missing the point at all. Just think people should get the chance to redeem themselves. He said a disgusting thing I have no doubt. But to ban for life..... 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

So if I reported this comment (which I won't) to Derby County that you're prepared to punch someone in the face at Pride Park you'd be bothered? 

I mean you'd have to change the language I used quite a lot to take that from it - I've not expressed any need to punch anyone anywhere - Been a season ticket holder for more than 20 years and yet to punch anyone in the face or the feels

On a more serious note - Sentences are mostly there as deterrents - And they're set by the people in charge - If the club strongly feel they don't want to be associated with comments like that they are well within their rights to ban someone for as long as they want - Personally I'd like to distance myself from comments like that and whoever this chap is can also have a lifetime ban from my gaff too

Archived