For once back the manager

Barney1991

5 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

To be fair Barrow, he's yet to deliver on his promise of a quote, "top, top player" to replace Ince. He stubbornly sticks with Butterfield and Johnson, blimey, Stevie Wonder could see that's not happening, it's got to be one or the other and A N Other, and this is a personal and possibly irrelevant observation, he likes a buzzword or office speak and my experience of such people is are they are full of s****.

This chopping and changing of manager has got to stop, look where it's got us, I hope he's given time and he does sort us out, the mess we are in is not of his making but let's have less bull i.e., we've got to hit the ground running, I've read on the official site, talk is cheap, action speaks louder etc.

Your right he still hasn't replaced ince and I'd be surprised if he dose now.  I'm not a fan of butterflied or Johnson. It makes you wonder If we have had all these bids in for players why we haven't signed any midfielders.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

To be fair, he never promised anything. 

I'm sure he did, I thought he expanded on it as well by saying we are after other club's best players. Maybe I'm wrong and I dreamt those quotes (and I'm not trying to be flippant there, I've had a couple of Rams related dreams in the last fortnight) and will stand corrected if that turns out to be the case.

He had to get rid of Ince Hughes because they are the only ones anybody wants apart from christie and if we hadn't sold them when with how much money we spent previously and we know we have to sell before buy how the hell does he buy anyone if nobody wants to buy anyone else 

7 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'm sure he did, I thought he expanded on it as well by saying we are after other club's best players. Maybe I'm wrong and I dreamt those quotes (and I'm not trying to be flippant there, I've had a couple of Rams related dreams in the last fortnight) and will stand corrected if that turns out to be the case.

You are right, he said there would be a quality signing in to replace Ince......

i want us to play effective football, it doesn't have to be pretty or possession based either.  Rowett needs to find his rhythm and it will take a bit of time, i accept that, as long as he has a clear vision of how the team will play tactically.  If he is still fumbling around with formations halfway through the season, i will be getting restless, but not calling for his head, we need stability.

Criticizing the players instead?  Within reason yes, but we mustn't do too much of it or the poor darlings will forget they ever knew how to play and lose all confidence and then we really are stuck with them all on uber wages and there will be no transition this season.

38 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I've posted his quotes in another thread already.

Nowhere does he make any promises of anything. 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've posted his quotes in another thread already.

Nowhere does he make any promises of anything. 

I stand corrected then, I must say though, I find it odd some people are under the same impression I am (was) 

Anyway, I wish him well but hope he discovers Butterfield/Johnson are his Gerrard/Lampard for England  conundrum sooner rather than later. 

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yes he did, we all wouldn't have made it  out of thin air. He definitely said that at one point before Ince left.

I've already posted the quotes up on another thread.

He didn't 'promise' to bring anyone in. He said we would be looking for a very, very high quality replacement which I believe he will still be trying to do.

He said we were also interested in other teams best players, I would say Huddlestone probably fitted that description. 

5 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I stand corrected then, I must say though, I find it odd some people are under the same impression I am (was) 

Anyway, I wish him well but hope he discovers Butterfield/Johnson are his Gerrard/Lampard for England  conundrum sooner rather than later. 

Think it's a case of Chinese whispers. 

Someone mentions something Rowett says and, without seeing it, people repeat it with their own spin on it. 

It's probably me being a bit pedantic but at no point in time has Rowett promised anything. 

For what it's worth I don't actually like the way Rowett has gone about things, most of what he has said so far has been contradicted by his actions.

Archived