For once back the manager

Barney1991

After the game yesterday I know it was bad but for people to call for rowett to go is beyond a joke when we havent even given the guy the chance to ship the overpaid loonies out who by the way more than one manager has failed to get the best out soaybe people should start to look at the overpaid under achievers and based on the Fact that not one single team has enquired about them or put an offer in how the hell do you expect rowett to get rid of them when most have another at least 2 years on there contracts and I would hate to know there wages a week 

Yesterday's game there was no energy in the middle of midfield butterfield and johnson might aswell play as defensive midfield with huddlestone and the amount of times I saw keogh bring the ball out with nobody offering him anything 

With johnson and butterfield together there is absolutely no point in playing Martin because I have never seen the guy so isolated the amount of times he came to feet and no one within 10 foot of him what do you expect him to do dribble past 4 players and stick it on the top corner because if he could do that he would be in the prem simple as that 

Weimann and russell are just hopeless as apart from once in the Sunderland game russell can't take his man on ever and jusy either runs nowhere with it or runs into somebody and same with Weimann who just isn't a winger simple as that and who you going to put on instead bennett will not change the game on his own so he would just get slated and vydra is not a winger either 

The back 4 is steady and Carson is a rock as he has showed time and time again as he has won us points on his own huddlestone in dm will be a good fit with even him or thorne to rotate then for me apart from nugent Martin and bennett the rest can go for me 

With that midfield there is no point playing 433 as wolves showed and Sunderland that even with 3 In there we still somehow get overrun with butterfield won't even go in for a tackle and johnson can't pass to save his life and bryson I'm afraid is past it now and defo singe he got that knee Injury but also the manner in which we lost too at least under clough and Mac the first time the team actually tried and showed some passion didn't see any of that yesterday and that's exactly bum did under rowett they wanted to win for the manager and destroyed us I think 3 nil at pride park and I'm afraid that some of these players are just here for the payday and don't give two craps about Derby as us fans do 

So please get of rowett back cause believe me this will take more than this season to fix and based on the players he has brought so far i believe give him time and we will be back where we belong but the clement era where we chucked money at anyone we have done what we did when clough was first brought in and look how long it took him rowett needs 2 more windows to get what he wants and you could tell from his Interview he wants more than one but based on our overspending and ffp we don't have the resources this window so give it time 

I know some of you won't agree with me but tbh everyone entitled to there opinion so slate me if you want but tbh I care about the team more than your slating so feel free 

Sorry for the long post but from reading posts today and yesterday had to get my point out but let's all hope for a good season 

Thanks 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Look through other topics then yes 

I agree with @Alpha, not sure I have seen much about him going... He has made some big mistakes and the jury is out but he is what we have.. I don't think many advocate keep changing managers.

A bit of poetic license me thinks.

2 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

We need to give a manager at least 2 seasons to get implement their style and get their players

Whether it was gonna be Clement, Rowett ect, dont mind., but we can keep chopping and changing

It's not inconceivable that if as you suggested, we had stuck with Clement, we would have progressed and perhaps been promoted by now. I've heard that he was sacked for non football reasons but that's rumour & speculation, denied by the owner. What  ever he did wrong it couldn't have been so bad, as it didn't exclude him from employment at Bayern Munich and Swansea. 

It would seem that rather than looking to get a manager and allowing time to build something, MM is hoping to follow the Watford approach.... keep hiring and firing until someone pulls a rabbit out of a hat. 

21 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Rowett out by September seen some saying he needs to go 

I'd not seen that. Probably same people that always think the grass will be greener with the next owner, manager, midfielder etc.

personally i dont want him to go, im extremely disappointed that after an entire pre season we have not progressed in the slightest it would appear. i understand that there is so called deadwood at the club and that moving it on is not easy, however i would have liked to have seen him stamp his authority on this team instead we have the same problems from the same people. and if the season continues in the same manner he wont be here very long. 

he had 10 odd games last season to see what the situation was, hes even said himself that he knew before those games what he wanted to do. i wonder what it was as nothings different. 

41 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

After the game yesterday I know it was bad but for people to call for rowett to go is beyond a joke when we havent even given the guy the chance to ship the overpaid loonies out who by the way more than one manager has failed to get the best out soaybe people should start to look at the overpaid under achievers and based on the Fact that not one single team has enquired about them or put an offer in how the hell do you expect rowett to get rid of them when most have another at least 2 years on there contracts and I would hate to know there wages a week 

Yesterday's game there was no energy in the middle of midfield butterfield and johnson might aswell play as defensive midfield with huddlestone and the amount of times I saw keogh bring the ball out with nobody offering him anything 

With johnson and butterfield together there is absolutely no point in playing Martin because I have never seen the guy so isolated the amount of times he came to feet and no one within 10 foot of him what do you expect him to do dribble past 4 players and stick it on the top corner because if he could do that he would be in the prem simple as that 

Weimann and russell are just hopeless as apart from once in the Sunderland game russell can't take his man on ever and jusy either runs nowhere with it or runs into somebody and same with Weimann who just isn't a winger simple as that and who you going to put on instead bennett will not change the game on his own so he would just get slated and vydra is not a winger either 

The back 4 is steady and Carson is a rock as he has showed time and time again as he has won us points on his own huddlestone in dm will be a good fit with even him or thorne to rotate then for me apart from nugent Martin and bennett the rest can go for me 

With that midfield there is no point playing 433 as wolves showed and Sunderland that even with 3 In there we still somehow get overrun with butterfield won't even go in for a tackle and johnson can't pass to save his life and bryson I'm afraid is past it now and defo singe he got that knee Injury but also the manner in which we lost too at least under clough and Mac the first time the team actually tried and showed some passion didn't see any of that yesterday and that's exactly bum did under rowett they wanted to win for the manager and destroyed us I think 3 nil at pride park and I'm afraid that some of these players are just here for the payday and don't give two craps about Derby as us fans do 

So please get of rowett back cause believe me this will take more than this season to fix and based on the players he has brought so far i believe give him time and we will be back where we belong but the clement era where we chucked money at anyone we have done what we did when clough was first brought in and look how long it took him rowett needs 2 more windows to get what he wants and you could tell from his Interview he wants more than one but based on our overspending and ffp we don't have the resources this window so give it time 

I know some of you won't agree with me but tbh everyone entitled to there opinion so slate me if you want but tbh I care about the team more than your slating so feel free 

Sorry for the long post but from reading posts today and yesterday had to get my point out but let's all hope for a good season 

Thanks 

Barney Excellent I agree with every word except your opinion of Martin I think he could do far more than he is doing hard to remember the last good game he had for us hence why he has not scored for us for 16games Your right about players here just for the money and I would include Martin in that I've not really heard much criticism of Rowett it can't be easy trying to manage with at least seven players you don't want 

7 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

It's ridiculous after second game of the season people are doubting rowett. To sort the squad out could take one or maybe two seasons. 

But he has had one transfer window (although not finished yet) and prioritised strengthening an area that didn't need strengthening and made our weak areas significantly weaker.

It's ridiculous wanting him sacked. It's not ridiculous doubting him.

Don't think he had an especially good record before coming here. His win % is not impressive. He's not known by Brum fans as playing entertaining stuff. People heap praise on him for the job he did at Brum but strangely Brum fans don't as much.

He came in, got the honeymoon period. Made a change at HT v Forest that looked positive. Then he seemed to find a 4231 that got more out of Vydra and Nugent. Then he abandoned it and the system and style went to what got humped by Brentford and performed poorly in the run in

In the summer he brought defenders in when we needed creativity. He sold what little creativity we did have and hasn't yet brought any in. 

This season the football has shown the same issues we had under him last season after he abandoned something slightly promising.

It's not ridiculous doubting him. No way. 

To be fair Barrow, he's yet to deliver on his promise of a quote, "top, top player" to replace Ince. He stubbornly sticks with Butterfield and Johnson, blimey, Stevie Wonder could see that's not happening, it's got to be one or the other and A N Other, and this is a personal and possibly irrelevant observation, he likes a buzzword or office speak and my experience of such people is are they are full of s****.

This chopping and changing of manager has got to stop, look where it's got us, I hope he's given time and he does sort us out, the mess we are in is not of his making but let's have less bull i.e., we've got to hit the ground running, I've read on the official site, talk is cheap, action speaks louder etc.

4 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

To be fair Barrow, he's yet to deliver on his promise of a quote, "top, top player" to replace Ince. He stubbornly sticks with Butterfield and Johnson, blimey, Stevie Wonder could see that's not happening, it's got to be one or the other and A N Other, and this is a personal and possibly irrelevant observation, he likes a buzzword or office speak and my experience of such people is are they are full of s****.

This chopping and changing of manager has got to stop, look where it's got us, I hope he's given time and he does sort us out, the mess we are in is not of his making but let's have less bull i.e., we've got to hit the ground running, I've read on the official site, talk is cheap, action speaks louder etc.

To be fair, he never promised anything. 

Archived