Derby County v Preston North End

Mafiabob

3 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Same here. The thing is he can't defend but he's great at attacking. Rowett said after the game he wanted Olsson to get forward and that's what he's good at. Bit like Christie really. 

Least he got cover tonight Forysth got 0% help last game.

Yes that's a fair point but thought he was defensively sound too last night.

The only player to cause us any trouble was Mcquire? when he came on.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My assessment....

the negatives..

if Davies plays like that for the rest of the season then we are in trouble, he was terrible against a VERY average striker.

JR's first half was as bad as anything I have seen for years, head down and run to the corner, just look up....!

Huddlestone did one really bad pass or made a really bad decision for every good pass he did

if Martin had missed the chances that Nugent and Vydra missed he would have been totally slated 

Bryson....his legs have gone, if you didn't know you would have thought he had played the full 90 minutes when he came on....any pace he had had gone

the atmosphere was rubbish

the positives

both full backs were great, Wisdom is a class above anything at the club and Olsson did great bombing forward, the combination of one staying and one going worked well when we got to the play offs and looked great last night

Weimann ran around a lot and looked energetic and positive

nugent, vydra and Johnson all linked up well, nice to see Nugent keep going after missing that chance too. 

We won

we signed a pacey direct winger....because we are missing one so badly. 

2 hours ago, LazloW said:

The criticism of Martin for not winning all the long balls punted to him at the end is a bit unfair.  Everybody knows that isn't a strength of his game.  Can't see the point of bringing him on if that is going to be a tactic.  Also, there was never a player within a mile of him to pick up any second balls or support him if he had got hold of it.  

I too was not as enamoured of the performance as many seem to be.  Much better than Saturday, but still a long way to go. 

Martin would much prefer to drop off, and join in the play with the ball on the deck.

And thats what i'd prefer to watch too.

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

if Martin had missed the chances that Nugent and Vydra missed he would have been totally slated 

The thought that occurred to me....what if Blackman had missed those chances!

1 hour ago, Ashz09 said:

Seen a Derby fan moan on FaceBook that we had no possession hardly. Need to have more..

Jesus has he been asleep? Rowett said himself that it's what you do with the ball.

Tonight we looked much better making decisions etc. Amount of times we've had 65%+ possession and ended up losing / doing f*** all with it.

Yes but......rowett is obsessed with what he calls 'transitions'. I.e. What happens when a team gains possession, either by pressing high or more usually when the opposition attack breaks down.

hhhhooooooofffff.

long balls. Less accurate. More difficult to control. More scrapping around for second balls. 

Lower league rubbish.

i'd rather have possesion and good players who can actually do something with it.

One further thought on the 4231

preston only had two central midfielders - browne and johnson.

(we allowed johnson to have the ball. Sat back and "kept our shape")

there was an oportunity to go 442 and actually get vydra up front.

in the slightly more withdrawn role, he was the one playing the final pass instead of being on the receiving end of the final ball.

so after sleeping on it, big big win, sold performance could have been more, after Saturday think everyone was down, but with a win a clean sheet and Lawrence signing it's what we needed, Can't wait for Bolton now, think we are a better side with Nugent in it, Lawrence Weimann Vydra Nugent is one bloody scary attack! We can steam roll teams! 

A special mention again for Weimann one of the best preformances I've seen from anyone at Derby by a mile! Tackled ran all game was great as was Olson and many others! 

Same team for Bolton? Personally I'd put Lawrence in 

57 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

My assessment....

the negatives..

if Davies plays like that for the rest of the season then we are in trouble, he was terrible against a VERY average striker.

JR's first half was as bad as anything I have seen for years, head down and run to the corner, just look up....!

Huddlestone did one really bad pass or made a really bad decision for every good pass he did

Bryson....his legs have gone, if you didn't know you would have thought he had played the full 90 minutes when he came on....any pace he had had gone

the atmosphere was rubbish

the positives

both full backs were great, Wisdom is a class above anything at the club and Olsson did great bombing forward, the combination of one staying and one going worked well when we got to the play offs and looked great last night

Weimann ran around a lot and looked energetic and positive

nugent, vydra and Johnson all linked up well, nice to see Nugent keep going after missing that chance too. 

We won

we signed a pacey direct winger....because we are missing one so badly. 

I wouldn't say the atmosphere was rubbish. OK, it went quiet a few times but you'll get that at every ground. 

Also, I'd take exception at your comments about Weimann. I think he did a bit more than just run around a lot, look energetic and positive. 

Thought we were decent last night. So much more dangerous and effective in a 4-2-3-1.

Huddlestone and Johnson playing it in to Vydra gave us the attacking impetus we lacked on Saturday. Hope GR gives Vydra and Weimann a run of games now in that formation. Lawrence to replace Russell for me 100%.

I can't believe how much better I feel about our prospects after last night.

we are all saying, 3 points, played better, all good etc but I honestly enjoyed last nights game for slightly different reasons. 

1) the number of one touch passes in a forward direction.

2) the number of times two or more players combined playing 1-2's and ran on for each other, over lapping - in essence team play and communication

3) the level of energy and eagerness all over the pitch

4) the solidity of the defence. A beaten player went on and made the tackle and the level awareness/organisation when corners were coming in. 

We looked like a unit .... But for a few odd bounces, fluffed shots, refs decisions, a save or two blah blah ...That game could have been 4-1 and we would have been purring 

Thought the Atmosphere was better due to showing a bit more Energy and fight. Confused when the started singing "Is this a Library" when we was singing for a good 10 Minutes previous to them singing that.

We got nervous and quiet at times which is expected with the results lately. Good job in the end.

20 minutes ago, David said:

One way to get your YouTube channel shut down I guess! Cropping the Sky Sports logo out won't stop them putting a claim in :whistle:

Uncropped video here >

http://www.skysports.com/football/derby-vs-preston/374647

No, I didn't take it from Sky Sports. Actually, I'm having a restriction to watch Sky Sports as I am not residing in UK. It was from another internet source really. If they decide to remove it, well, we can't do much about it. I am aware of copyrights, I familiar with the Law.

Did anyone see Alex Neil's interview? It was bizarre.

He was genuinely annoyed and moaning about the fact the penalty was given more by the linesman than the referee, not the fact it was a penalty, because it was. It was like the ramblings of an insane man.

27 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

No, I didn't take it from Sky Sports. Actually, I'm having a restriction to watch Sky Sports as I am not residing in UK. It was from another internet source really. If they decide to remove it, well, we can't do much about it. I am aware of copyrights, I familiar with the Law.

Who do you think sells the rights outside of the UK? Just saying that's all, cropping the logos out won't stop your videos getting pulled and channel taken down ;) 

Just now, David said:

Who do you think sells the rights outside of the UK? Just saying that's all, cropping the logos out won't stop your videos getting pulled and channel taken down ;) 

It's only meant for private use for the fans, no reselling, no merchandising, no profit made, whatsoever. The logo was indeed there, but again not from the SkySports. The actual quality of the video shown was so low, I should really claim damages from the SkySports for distributing such a poor quality of programme. They are breaching my consumer rights. Lol

Archived