Is everybody still on holiday?

ossieram

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am but I'll be back for the game, imagine more tickets will be sold if we buy someone. Can see the annoyance of some fans atm, we've sold out two best players and haven't really reinvested the money yet- I'm sure we will with time but this window has felt like an asset stripping if it ends now.

Just now, Ashz09 said:

Wasn't Season Tickets rocketing last I heard? Surely must be close to a full House.

Because I'm relaxing before driving up to Edinburgh tomorrow (but back in time for the match) I went through each block and counted how many tickets were still available and it was just over 4,700 in the home areas.

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well I am but I'll be back for the game, imagine more tickets will be sold if we buy someone. Can see the annoyance of some fans atm, we've sold out two best players and haven't really reinvested the money yet- I'm sure we will with time but this window has felt like an asset stripping if it ends now.

Mel's asset stripping? I've heard it all now.

55 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Bit extreme - I wouldn't even go as far as saying it has been underwhelming

Swapped Hughes for Huddlestone, Wisdom and Davies (ie, offloaded a player who wanted out and solidified the defence)

Got decentish money for our 3rd choice RB

Sold our best player

I mean the last one is gutting yeh - But personally even with the losses I think we've had an okay window - If we get a good winger in for around the £7m mark I'd say we've had a decent window

41 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Mel's asset stripping? I've heard it all now.

Not what I believe, but I can see that to some others who are less patient it may come accross that way. People are desperate for replacements and some are doubting whether we will get them, you can see it on this forum- I'm sure they'll be proven wrong tho in the coming weeks.

32 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not what I believe, but I can see that to some others who are less patient it may come accross that way. People are desperate for replacements and some are doubting whether we will get them, you can see it on this forum- I'm sure they'll be proven wrong tho in the coming weeks.

Anybody that sees it that way is a complete dead head. 3 players out, 3 players in for less money, but the difference still wouldn't make up the amount Mel chucks at the club each season.

26 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Anybody that sees it that way is a complete dead head. 3 players out, 3 players in for less money, but the difference still wouldn't make up the amount Mel chucks at the club each season.

Quite right, but I have seen people who hold that opinion. I'm sure a big signing will settle things down

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

Because I'm relaxing before driving up to Edinburgh tomorrow (but back in time for the match) I went through each block and counted how many tickets were still available and it was just over 4,700 in the home areas.

Relaxing?

I don't think to the casual fan there's been anything exciting to make them want to go to the game. Wolves aren't the biggest draw, not signed a "wow" player to replace Ince or Hughes, a reasonable but nothing remarkable performance in our first game, it's raining etc. 

With a couple of thousand of walk up we'll get around 28-29k @ollycutts1982 says, which is a perfectly good crowd. 

I find the atmosphere is better when we have a crowd of around 28- 29 Thousand. I would suggest this is our hard core support. The extras who turn up for the big games or when things are going very well, add little to the atmosphere and in fact detract from it, because if things aren't going to plan they are too quick to moan or boo 

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Bit extreme - I wouldn't even go as far as saying it has been underwhelming

Swapped Hughes for Huddlestone, Wisdom and Davies (ie, offloaded a player who wanted out and solidified the defence)

Got decentish money for our 3rd choice RB

Sold our best player

I mean the last one is gutting yeh - But personally even with the losses I think we've had an okay window - If we get a good winger in for around the £7m mark I'd say we've had a decent window

Why do so few of us seem to realise that, once EPL clubs come knocking, you have to strike the best deal possible? We did incredibly well as a club to keep Will Hughes as long as we did. Seems to have cost us quite a few million pounds but it still was quite an effort to keep him.

Archived