Does tha hate Forest?

Owd miner

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate someone because they support another football club...really?

I love the rivalry, feels great beating them but why would I hate them? I have good friends who are Forest fans.

I actually have a Derby supporting mate who has a Forest supporting brother, should he hate him?

I can understand people around in the 70s having a big dislike due to the Clough situation but beyond that I don't see any reason for hatred.

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:22, Owd miner said:

I wa just sat here making mi snap for neet shift and I wa wondering do derby fans who live in Derby hate Forest as much as  Derby fans who live in Nottingham ? Just askin for mi owd mukka 

Na then mi owd mucker. Az tha finished thi shift darn t'pit yet? Hope thi snap was alrate. Tha sarnds like tha from up North Derbyshire, same as misen.

Anyroad, to ansa thi question, arr I hate forest, I also hate them dee dahs. Thar knows who I mean by that. Ah'll si thee

Naaaa don't hate em. Don't hate any other football teams, I just like it a bit more when we beat them. I'd include Leeds in the same way.

Think a simple table is in order here. Team by team emotion if we beat them

1) sweet sweet day, grinning for 3 days at least (Forest, Leeds, Liverpool, Man City, Watford ) 

2)  Good riddance cocky upstarts (TBA plus any team managed by Mick Macarthy )

3) 3 points won normal thumbs up (everyone else)

4 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Morning all , Just got back from up allotment , mi tommys are looking great. gorra feed pigeons in a bit.  Update from darn pit..... Face chain got fixed at about 3 this morning so dayz should be coaling.  I been up all night worrying bout it and while I wa it kinda got mi thinking about Derby formations  .  I'm not sure if we should play 4 3 3 , 3 5 2 , 4 4 2 , 5 3 2 etc  then i realized it dunt matter wor I think cause I will have no input what so ever...but any roads back to mi original post... it's like this as I see it, any Derby fan that thinks them red dogs like us are living in cloud cuckoo land .. Just mi opinion... mi owd mukkas . I dunt  want any on ya to be upset....as I said ta fitter other day. ..lifes to short ta worry about formations. 

Possibly the biggest plank on here fella. Life is too short to read one of your posts. 

?

Top work on the phonetics but tell me does the user name 'owd' rhyme with loud or 'owd' as in road if the latter surely you should be 'ode' miner

The thing with Forest fans, they are (generally) hard to like. I started working in Beeston 4/5 years ago and it soon became apparent that anyone who wasn't a forest fan had a serious dislike of them, and not just the Derby and County fans. It stems from the massive chip on the shoulder most seem to have.

hate isa bit strong, but since working amongst them, the importance of not losing to them is massive.

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Possibly the biggest plank on here fella. Life is too short to read one of your posts. 

?

Lol this is brilliant Angry. :lol:

Just now, jimbo jones said:

The thing with Forest fans, they are (generally) hard to like. I started working in Beeston 4/5 years ago and it soon became apparent that anyone who wasn't a forest fan had a serious dislike of them, and not just the Derby and County fans. It stems from the massive chip on the shoulder most seem to have.

hate isa bit strong, but since working amongst them, the importance of not losing to them is massive.

I guess it all depends on the individuals you come across JJ

I moved over Nottingham way 20 years ago and have worked at several Nottingham based manufacturing businesses  (including two in Beeston) . Without exception they have been a great bunch and the banter with them has been great. Real salt of the earth types, great sense of humour and no malice in them at all from a footballing perspective or any other. Lovely people. Brilliant colleagues and the rivalry has really helped in generating brilliant relationships . Even when I put up my large framed picture of pride park in my office. Just like Derby fans (or should I say people)  in very many respects.

I obviously don't mix with the beer-swilling louts/lunatics  from the rougher parts of town, but then again we have a hell of a lot of those types following Derby too unfortunately (especially away) 

The big difference seems to be that them and their club have found it impossible to leave behind the baggage of their past, unlike us. Cant say it makes me dislike them though, it makes it all the more sweeter. You just feel  sorry for them. 

By the way, carry on @Owd miner - brilliant stuff !!

I dont one bit i seen forest fans attacking derby fans i mean women and children being draged out of cars. Seen forest fans chuck coins hit a old man split his head open. Little boy had same thing done to him so far as i am concearned they are red scum bags and by the way destroying derby toliets.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont one bit i seen forest fans attacking derby fans i mean women and children being draged out of cars. Seen forest fans chuck coins hit a old man split his head open. Little boy had same thing done to him so far as i am concearned they are red scum bags and by the way destroying derby toliets.

You get morons at all clubs, derby has its fair share, those that vandalised fawaz's car and those that did the 'wheres your chairman gone' chant towards the forest fans as examples of idiots.

Bet forest fans can come up with as many examples as we can of 'scum bag' behaviour.

Archived