Fans stop slating players please get behind team

garrym1968

Please, please, please can you so called derby fans stop slating Keogh for being bad captain, you will see a better player this year with the players around him.Same I think for vydra, weiman, Butterfield and Johnson and maybe even Russell and Bennett with Huddleston's passing. Ince has gone and Hughes and Christie has gone for reasonable fee they also wanted to leave I believe, you could tell in some games. If this is the squad so be it we will finish in top six we don't need to pay stupid money on players we Are not forest we are DCFC be proud TEAM.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, garrym1968 said:

Please, please, please can you so called derby fans stop slating Keogh for being bad captain, you will see a better player this year with the players around him.Same I think for vydra, weiman, Butterfield and Johnson and maybe even Russell and Bennett with Huddleston's passing. Ince has gone and Hughes and Christie has gone for reasonable fee they also wanted to leave I believe, you could tell in some games. If this is the squad so be it we will finish in top six we don't need to pay stupid money on players we Are not forest we are DCFC be proud TEAM.

I agree. We shouldn't slag off the players listed above. Blackman however. he is s****

Isn't it healthy to have our own opinions on the players we have? We all have styles and types of player we are more amenable too. Sometimes people just don't take to a player, or rate them even if statistically they are good. 

Pits all about opinions which is why we come on here is it not. Sometimes we might say a players crap but that really means they aren't good enough in someone's opinion.

It's a forum. 

What do you want threads where people discuss how wonderful every single player is. 

"I think Carson is the best keeper in the league."

"Me too"

.... the end?

Everyone just arguing over who loves Olsson most?

It's a place to discuss, debate, criticise, praise, rant etc etc.

Doesn't mean "so called Derby fans" don't turn up on a Saturday cheering the team on.

This isn't club propaganda or a official dcfc news site. It's not a Gary Rowett team talk. 

FWIW, I am not clammering for a couple of new signings. Haven't seen the team yet mind, but I don't think we've given Weimann, Anya, or Vydra a proper chance to prove themselves either as number 10's, wingers or forwards, whatever. 

Lets see what they can do first and get behind them before we waist money again. 

Blackman is awful and it's my opinion though apart from that yeah sure depends if the team actually turn up lol. It's Derby way though ?

New season and a fresh start for everyone yet the scapegoat list seems to have nearly reached double figures!   Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson, Keogh, Vydra, Russell, Olsson, Hanson, Pearce and Blackman seem to have all taken a pre season mauling and we haven't kicked a bloody ball in anger yet!  Let's at least wait till Friday night before this forum kicks off!

Ignore this post..................I agree with Sage.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, sage said:

I agree. We shouldn't slag off the players listed above. Blackman however. he is s****

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

It's support at the match that counts, not the opinions of a few losers with no social life on a forum...

:whistle:

I agree in principle with this. However I do think that the negativity, whether here or on twitter etc, is spreading into the matchday 'support' too. Some of the comments I've heard already just in the friendlies have been way out of order. Lots of people who post rants on here say they get fully behind the team at matches but others don't and seem to delight in players mistakes as it proves them 'right'.

What particularly annoys me is when players are routinely described as crap, useless etc, usually repeatedly by the same posters/fans. They clearly aren't crap as they play professional football at a pretty high level. They may be out of form or not suit our style of play or not be quite good enough for where we are aiming to be. But they're not crap! 

I do feel the more negative posters have taken root on the Forum of late and I find myself posting less and less because the debate is seldom constructive and is 'owned' by a few posters' repetitive predictions of doom and gloom. 

As you say, it may be because they have no social life. Perhaps they need to get out a bit and experience being a football supporter rather than an armchair 'expert'? 

But it's the Derby way. Seriously though you are right. We may not agree with every decision and every player cant be our favourite player. Just remember we support the club, love the club and want the club to do well. I am positive that no player purposely plays bad or misplaced a pass or shoots off target. But like previously stated it wouldn't be a forum if we all agreed. 

Up the rams. 

Opinions are good to have, we have had far too many changes in systems,managers nice to see rowett trying to play them where they are most effective. Also good to see more balls in the box from set pieces guess the strikers still sent used to it coyr

Sith Happens

I think its good to have opinions, all players are open to criticism, ive done a fair amount myself.

I do think sometimes some posters become obsessive with their dislike of certain players though.

Archived