The Secret Footballer

Sexydadbod

Was it ever established who this person was? Dave Kitson fitted a lot of the criteria but doesn't seem to fit them all and the likes of Danny Murphy, Steve Sidwell and Scott Parker are rumoured to be them. Would recommend reading the book because, quite fascinating reading into the life of a footballer. A lot of it is to be expected such as the sex parties etc.

An extract 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/secret-footballer-drugs-sex-booze-10385796

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Yes, great read, especially about Champagne Bingo, etc.

Also David James was strongly rumoured to be "it". 

He certainly fits the category of playing abroad, something the likes of Dave Kitson failed to do, although some believe this is just the player repeating what a teammate told him to act as a red herring.

What I find interesting is what they said about West Ham fans as James played for them.

TSF: “West Ham United. Without doubt, they have the most deluded fans in the Premier League. I say that because half a dozen of my friends are West Ham fans. I say to them that it is only after speaking to West Ham fans that I leave the conversation thinking: "I didn't agree with any of that."

Yeah I thought it was Dave Kitson. Not sure why he needs the money now though? Must have done something stupid with his money which makes me question whether it's him.

I can't imagine the life a top-level footballer must have. Being in your 20s, earning thousands a week for something you love doing, being in incredibly good shape, well known by most, plenty of time off in the summer and the ability to travel loads.

In the PL it can be quite hectic with the media and obviously a busy schedule, but imagine being a solid player in the Bundesliga playing for someone like Wolfsburg. They only play 34 league games plus one cup competition per year (if not in Europe) so they will get loads of time off to travel during the season too.

The arguments against it being Dave Kitson: They claim to have a daughter when Kitson apparently only has 2 sons. The secret footballer also claims to have grown up a Spurs fan, Kitson meanwhile was an 'avid' Liverpool fan. The secret footballer also played abroad, whilst Kitson's career has been based in the UK. He also claimed that he was left to play on the wing when we was younger because he was smaller, whilst Kitson is 6ft 3. He was never played at a club with 3 or more Frenchmen as the secret footballer did.

These claims could have been put in to throw us off the scent though.

I think some of it is lies tbh.

There's an audience out there for selling footballers as flash, arrogant, disloyal and sex crazed pampered thugs.

People want to read about Wayne Rooney having a pint the night before an England game. They want to see pictures of Rio Ferdinand out partying with glamour models. They love it so they can criticise. They want to criticise because it doesn't seem fair and they're jealous.

Why let The Sun get exclusives on all this when you can be the secret footballer. I believe some of it is probably true. Not all of it though. I think he's made a good few quid out of football before he went off writing books. 

The funny thing is, if we all actually believed footballers are like they are then we wouldn't put the money in for them to be on these massive wages living their lifestyles. It's our subscriptions and our interest that draws huge sponsorship and tv deals to the game. We love the game and we love to hate it. I certainly feel that way anyway. But I draw the line on caring what footballers are like Sunday to Friday.

I don't care. I don't care if they're rich, poor, nice, nasty. I just care what they do on a Saturday. I don't care what boots Messi wears, what hair Neymar has or what tattoos Beckham gets. Obviously some do or we wouldn't have Joe Hart washing his hair on adverts.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

The arguments against it being Dave Kitson: They claim to have a daughter when Kitson apparently only has 2 sons. The secret footballer also claims to have grown up a Spurs fan, Kitson meanwhile was an 'avid' Liverpool fan. The secret footballer also played abroad, whilst Kitson's career has been based in the UK. He also claimed that he was left to play on the wing when we was younger because he was smaller, whilst Kitson is 6ft 3. He was never played at a club with 3 or more Frenchmen as the secret footballer did.

These claims could have been put in to throw us off the scent though.

Idk about the daughters but Shorey could easily fit the rest, sticking with that.

28 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Idk about the daughters but Shorey could easily fit the rest, sticking with that.

I could be wrong but I doubt it's Nicky Shorey.

The guy only spent a few full years in the PL, two with Reading who were all a close-knit no flashy bunch under Steve Coppell.

When they got relegated he moved to Villa but spent most his time out on loan in the Championship if I'm not mistaken.

His only real solid PL stint came after during a two-year stint at WBA from 2010-12. But under Roy Hodgson they didn't have any big names with great international pedigree, with Scott Carson and James Morrison probably the only standout two.

What for me points more towards Kitson is the players he played with at Stoke and Portsmouth between 2008-11. Definitely seems more of a "bad-boy lad culture" at those two compared to the WBA squad.

Kitson played with the likes of Etherington, Liam Lawrence, Ricardo Fuller, Michael Tonge, James Beattie, Ryan Shawcross, Danny Pugh, Kevin Prince Boetang etc. 

Besides a quick check and Shorey got married in 2007. I don't think he would have spent the ensuing summers on lads holidays getting wasted and sleeping around in Marbella and Vegas.

I always thought it was probably a small group of players collective work. Only way it adds up. Might turn out that Dave Kitson was one of them but I think it's the collective stories of a few players embellished and made to fit into one fictional persons narrative.

I did like what it did though, it humanises players a bit more and puts fans back in their place. The players dont get paid by you, they don't owe you anything and they're doing what's best for their families, not someone who spent however much on a season ticket. Hate the sense of entitlement some people have about football because they've paid money to stare at a field for 90 minutes a week.

Hope we get a behind the curtains documentary following a PL/Championship team soon. There's been that one following Salford but the NFL have had two seasons of teams being followed each week by cameras at training, in the locker room, on game day and at home.

A series like that following a Spurs/Liverpool or even a Sheff Wed/Derby would be fascinating. Give a chance to see footballers outside of media training interview mode too, which I still don't think we get enough of.

The media training tries to cut out any blunders for the press to latch onto but I think footballers have become so detached and dehumanised that it's bringing up a whole generation of @EliteRashford and @UnrealGrealish type fans who see footballers more as commodities than humans.

The one that bugs me is Raheem Sterling, a young, British black lad who can't go for a coffee without someone mentioning how much he earns or how much he cost City. One of the tabloids had a story about him flying business class with Ryanair? They'd be hammering him if he'd flown private, they hammer him if he flies with Ryanair.

We've seen it with Blackman, Keogh/Mrs Keogh, plus Christie and Russell more recently.

One of my favourite podcasts recently were talking about the NFL version of this and a coach they'd been taking the piss out of all season. The series showed how he'd been struggling with his family living hours away from him for the entire season and how uprooted his family now were because he'd moved to two different states in two seasons. Gave a whole new context to how difficult his job is.

Sorry for the tangent but it would be great to see that side of footballers and coaches.

Hope we get a behind the curtains documentary following a PL/Championship team soon. There's been that one following Salford but the NFL have had two seasons of teams being followed each week by cameras at training, in the locker room, on game day and at home.

A series like that following a Spurs/Liverpool or even a Sheff Wed/Derby would be fascinating. Give a chance to see footballers outside of media training interview mode too, which I still don't think we get enough of.

Any club would be mad to do that.

we had Being Liverpool which destroyed Brendan Rodgers and made him look a total idiot. We've had the Graham Taylor England documentary which destroyed his career. The best documentary for years - on QPR - which was almost beyond belief. The one on Orient which showed the manager offering to fight his own players. 

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Any club would be mad to do that.

we had Being Liverpool which destroyed Brendan Rodgers and made him look a total idiot. We've had the Graham Taylor England documentary which destroyed his career. The best documentary for years - on QPR - which was almost beyond belief. The one on Orient which showed the manager offering to fight his own players. 

Depends how it's handled, edited, presented etc. It should be PR for the league rather than an exposé.  

If you literally have f****** David Brent as your manager then you're bound to look like a bunch of tits. If you have Mauricio Pochettino and some of the best English players in the game all working well together, you're bound to look good.

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

I think some of it is lies tbh.

There's an audience out there for selling footballers as flash, arrogant, disloyal and sex crazed pampered thugs.

People want to read about Wayne Rooney having a pint the night before an England game. They want to see pictures of Rio Ferdinand out partying with glamour models. They love it so they can criticise. They want to criticise because it doesn't seem fair and they're jealous.

Why let The Sun get exclusives on all this when you can be the secret footballer. I believe some of it is probably true. Not all of it though. I think he's made a good few quid out of football before he went off writing books. 

The funny thing is, if we all actually believed footballers are like they are then we wouldn't put the money in for them to be on these massive wages living their lifestyles. It's our subscriptions and our interest that draws huge sponsorship and tv deals to the game. We love the game and we love to hate it. I certainly feel that way anyway. But I draw the line on caring what footballers are like Sunday to Friday.

I don't care. I don't care if they're rich, poor, nice, nasty. I just care what they do on a Saturday. I don't care what boots Messi wears, what hair Neymar has or what tattoos Beckham gets. Obviously some do or we wouldn't have Joe Hart washing his hair on adverts.

Imagine it's a composite. I thought it was Kitson but maybe some of the stories are borrowed from others.

Joe Hart has been gash since that advert! 

The Magic Sponge podcast's good for behind the scenes sorts of things, seeing what footballer's are really like.

Tony Warner having a scrap with Collymore over a seat, w******'s hat the aggressor, obviously. Rather than trying to split it up Neil Ruddock and somebody else pinned Collymore down and let Warner go to town on him :lol:

Our Bairdy once broke Bullard's nose in a scrap as well!

Archived