Bryson, Butters, Bradders

Bris Vegas

Kind of depends on the formation Rowett wants to play. In a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 I think Butterfield is a bit crap.

In a 4-4-1-1, right now he's one of our better options to play behind the striker... I'm really not sure about Vydra in that role. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell has happened to Bryson? - he's not just a shadow of the player he used to be, but he's struggling to look like a player at all - I was hoping that a new manager and the summer break would give him a lift, but last nights game simply showed the same player as last season - a yard off the pace, struggling to get involved and then giving away needless fouls through badly timed tackles or stupid pullbacks...

Perhaps he'll look better with Martin back in the side, but it's hard to see how he can even justify a place on the bench at the moment...

36 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

What the hell has happened to Bryson? - he's not just a shadow of the player he used to be, but he's struggling to look like a player at all - I was hoping that a new manager and the summer break would give him a lift, but last nights game simply showed the same player as last season - a yard off the pace, struggling to get involved and then giving away needless fouls through badly timed tackles or stupid pullbacks...

Perhaps he'll look better with Martin back in the side, but it's hard to see how he can even justify a place on the bench at the moment...

I'm more concerned about Butterfields free kick that never left the ground

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

I'm more concerned about Butterfields free kick that never left the ground

I thought he tried to pass it to Russell, bit like Johson's that he scored from the rebound.

First teamer - Johnson

Bench - Butterfield

Sell - Bryson

Tough choice out of Butterfield & Bryson with regards to who to sell, but at least Butterfield gives you something different to Johnson, whereas Bryson is exactly the same, except nowhere near as effective.  If played in the correct way, I can see Johnson having a season similar to Bryson's in 13/14.

14 minutes ago, rynny said:

I thought he tried to pass it to Russell, bit like Johson's that he scored from the rebound.

I agree. It looked like a set move, but the execution was feeble. 

Russell would have shinned it for a goal kick anyway :lol:

25 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I agree. It looked like a set move, but the execution was feeble. 

Russell would have shinned it for a goal kick anyway :lol:

That's harsh, he would have at least got it to go out for a throw in :ph34r:

34 minutes ago, Norman said:

I'm going to put it out there - Butterfield will be a POTY contender. 

I think Rowett has told him to prove his fitness, which is why he's played the most minutes pre-season.

I think Bennett has had the best pre-season but beyond that, hats off to Butters this summer because even as a fan of his I feared he might be moved on. 

In terms of last night, I thought those two were our best performers. Certain others didn't really stake their claims for a starting berth at Sunderland.

Butterfield created the proper chances last night, he was involved in everything. People can criticise him like crazy but at least he's making things happen. Just needs to get his mojo back he had when he first came here. No idea what Bryson was doing, he just runs around a lot. The game passes him by so easily.

3 hours ago, Norman said:

I think Rowett has told him to prove his fitness, which is why he's played the most minutes pre-season.

oh dear we wont go up then if he will be POTY , am i missing something here did he no sell the goal last night or was it someone else making a james hunt of it , he is nowhere near good enough 

21 minutes ago, valleyram said:

oh dear we wont go up then if he will be POTY , am i missing something here did he no sell the goal last night or was it someone else making a james hunt of it , he is nowhere near good enough 

The woeful Hanson played him into trouble imo.

I thought he looked the best player in a miserable team performance, epitomised by the lack of quality in the midfield with him.

I thought he linked well with Huddlestone in Germany, and with a bit more confidence and fitness, he'll become the player we thought we signed. Rowett seems to be making him play the most minutes with added responsibility with the set pieces. Maybe Rowett senses his confidence has took a bashing and has made him feel like an important member of the team again to get the best out of him.

I might be wrong.

3 hours ago, Norman said:

Who do you think Butterfield will be POTY for? 

I don't think he would be getting many minutes on the pitch for us if Johnson stays fit and if Thorne gets match fit and that also disregards any signings in central midfield, as well as having direct competition with Bryson currently 

5 hours ago, Norman said:

The woeful Hanson played him into trouble imo.

I thought he looked the best player in a miserable team performance, epitomised by the lack of quality in the midfield with him.

I thought he linked well with Huddlestone in Germany, and with a bit more confidence and fitness, he'll become the player we thought we signed. Rowett seems to be making him play the most minutes with added responsibility with the set pieces. Maybe Rowett senses his confidence has took a bashing and has made him feel like an important member of the team again to get the best out of him.

I might be wrong.

every midfielder will look better with huddlestone in the team beside them and at times he looks a good player but last night i thought he was average at best 

Archived