Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For as long as we have had Thorne (and I reckon he is a great player ) we have had some concerns about his fitness . The fact his major injuries are not related does not affect his overall availability and we have not had adequate cover for his position which arguably has cost our chances of promotion  Finally we have realised that we can't risk our chances ... we get a guy well respected at the top level of our domestic league and well known to rams fans and management alike and still some people are moaning ... 

Davies huddlestone nugent .... quality over 30s ... let's watch what a difference those three make alongside returning martin and wisdom .... i am really excited about our prospects .

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Tell you what with some of the daft money being spent this summer to get Davies and Huddlestone for a combined total of 2.5 million is a steal. Whoever puts these release fees in contracts at Hull needs sacking.

It might have been the only way they signed any contract there? 

11 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I think the criticism is that Thorne is a very good DM and we should be signing someone to compliment him, i.e. A mobile DM, instead of someone with a near identical skill set to him.

More about our recruitment than Huddlestone.

I see it more like when Arthur Cox signed George Williams and John Gregory, Thorne is George and Huddlestone is Gregory.

That partnership didn't turn out too shabby.:)

36 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Thorne is much more mobile

Those ambulances really zip along when they've got their woo-woos on.

Just now, bucktwo said:

For as long as we have had Thorne (and I reckon he is a great player ) we have had some concerns about his fitness . The fact his major injuries are not related does not affect his overall availability and we have not had adequate cover for his position which arguably has cost our chances of promotion  Finally we have realised that we can't risk our chances ... we get a guy well respected at the top level of our domestic league and well known to rams fans and management alike and still some people are moaning ... 

Davies huddlestone nugent .... quality over 30s ... let's watch what a difference those three make alongside returning martin and wisdom .... i am really excited about our prospects .

All three of them have played for England so not so shabby 

Thorne is perfectly capable of playing like a proper midfielder and not just a DCM - just saying 

Was just thinking. In terms of career is Tom the best Academy graduate we've had, so far?

None better spring to mind but I might be forgetting someone.

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Was just thinking. In terms of career is Tom the best Academy graduate we've had, so far?

None better spring to mind but I might be forgetting someone.

It probably wasn't called the academy at the time, but Steve Powell wasn't too shabby.

Just now, Kyle guest said:

According to Mel Morris Huddlestone landed at East Midlands airport at 3:20, he's also said we've shown interest in James and Lawrence 

Yeah according to this one ?

5 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

I don't know how to upload pictures yet?

Hopefully you manage to get it sorted after I explained to you via twitter lol. ? you'll be fine. ?

Archived