Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

Just now, curtains said:

Shall we give the players away or pay off their contracts to get rid of the players we don't want then. 

Surely it's better to wait and see if somebody will pay for them first. Like I said, we're not in a rush, we've got plenty of time, why hastily cancel contracts and pay for it, rather than try tout them to other clubs who may give us money to take them off our hands. It's only July. There is still a month and a half of the window, no reason to do that.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

I don't have to rate Huddlestone do I. 

Of course not but why does it feel like most of your posts about the Rams are negative or/and pessimistic? I bet away from Derby County you might be quite a cheery chappie.

Just now, curtains said:

You are being pedantic but that's you.  

Not pedantic at all, it's simply not true what you said.

I will apologise if I'm wrong but I do believe I saw you posting when Hughes left to trust Rowett, he knows what he's doing, stop getting on his back. A month a go you was the first to complain on the forum about a lack of signings.

Now Rowett looks like making a signing you do not approve of you're coming out with inaccurate statements.

The squad is smaller. One player smaller.

Rowett has also said there is a lot more activity to come, both outs and ins. 

Let's what the squad looks like when the transfer window closes.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Of course not but why does it feel like most of your posts about the Rams are negative or/and pessimistic? I bet away from Derby County you might be quite a cheery chappie.

I'm not negative I'm just saying the problems haven't been addressed yet.  

We sold 3 very good players and Camara. 

We have bought 2 in who may or may not improve us plus Huddlestone  maybe Time will tell how good this turns out. 

The U23s will not get much chance as the Squad stands IMO

1 minute ago, David said:

Not pedantic at all, it's simply not true what you said.

I will apologise if I'm wrong but I do believe I saw you posting when Hughes left to trust Rowett, he knows what he's doing, stop getting on his back. A month a go you was the first to complain on the forum about a lack of signings.

Now Rowett looks like making a signing you do not approve of you're coming out with inaccurate statements.

The squad is smaller. One player smaller.

Rowett has also said there is a lot more activity to come, both outs and ins. 

Let's what the squad looks like when the transfer window closes.

Rowett is my pick as manager I hope it works out. 

Thought you wanted McClaren as manager 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

We have bought 2 in who may or may not improve us plus Huddlestone  maybe Time will tell how good this turns out. 

Last season you wanted us to sign nearly every player we were linked with even if they really aren't that good (Wildschut being the best example). Fast forward 6 months and you're unhappy because the u23s won't get much of a chance if we sign more players. Make your mind up :lol:

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

I'd agree with this but won't say so at the risk of getting shot.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Last season you wanted us to sign nearly every player we were linked with even if they really aren't that good (Wildschut being the best example). Fast forward 6 months and you're unhappy because the u23s won't get much of a chance if we sign more players. Make your mind up :lol:

I want at least 10 out 

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Surely it's better to wait and see if somebody will pay for them first. Like I said, we're not in a rush, we've got plenty of time, why hastily cancel contracts and pay for it, rather than try tout them to other clubs who may give us money to take them off our hands. It's only July. There is still a month and a half of the window, no reason to do that.

i can see 6 or so going out on loan for the year

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Rowett is my pick as manager I hope it works out. 

Thought you wanted McClaren as manager 

I didn't want McClaren the first time

Fell in love

Hard to say but deserved to go

Had major concerns with him returning

Was disappointed he was sacked so soon

Not buying a ticket for the Huddlestone hype train

Ask me how I feel in 6 months

2 minutes ago, David said:

I didn't want McClaren the first time

Fell in love

Hard to say but deserved to go

Had major concerns with him returning

Was disappointed he was sacked so soon

Not buying a ticket for the Huddlestone hype train

Ask me how I feel in 6 months

Just feel like people are only listening to one side of the argument.

Huddlestone is decent and so are Wisdom and Davies. 

But I rated Ince and Hughes and to a lesser extent Christie and was never sure about Camara .

Rowett needs time but it's a difficult job .

Bent should be gone but is still here IMO. 

Just now, curtains said:

I want at least 10 out 

It's easy to say you want 10 players out, but we have to find a club willing to buy these out of form, overpaid players, a few of which have recently had lengthy injuries. Just imagine if we signed all the players you demanded we sign last season. That'd be another 4 or 5 overpaid under-performing players you'd want sold this season.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

It's easy to say you want 10 players out, but we have to find a club willing to buy these out of form, overpaid players, a few of which have recently had lengthy injuries. Just imagine if we signed all the players you demanded we sign last season. That'd be another 4 or 5 overpaid under-performing players you'd want sold this season.

For goodness sake get off my case . 

Rowett is my man but I'm just suggesting he needs to get more out .

I trust in Rowett but his job isn't easy. 

Just now, curtains said:

So stop trying to make it sound easy. "I want 10 players out," like it can be done at the click of a finger. You aren't alone, everyone wants a number of this current bunch sold. I personally want Bent, Pearce. Blackman, Olsson, and one of Weimann or Anya sold, but it's a lot easier said than done. 

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

I'm sure Rowett realises he needs to get more out but it's probably going to take longer than he imagined or most fans want - we're paying for our scattergun purchasing policy of the past 2-3 years.

Archived