Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

Interesting...which way will Tom go? All depends now on wht GR sys to Tom. I put money on Tom coming back to Derby. New challenge, family lives in Nottingham, and suspect he feels he left a shade too soon before. We'll soon see...If Mel could maybe get him over to Moor Farm ...

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Arsene Titman said:

Hull City offering him a new deal

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-offer-tom-huddlestone 

Hull City offer Tom Huddlestone new contract with Derby County confident of signing player as Andy Robertson set for Liverpool

Tom Huddlestone offered improved deal to fend off Derby County interest but Hull City resigned to losing Robertson

Hull City ’s summer exodus looks set to continue as Andrew Robertson and Tom Huddlestone move closer to exiting the club. 

Liverpool are closing in on an £8m deal to take Robertson to Anfield, while Derby Country have met the £2m release clause in Huddlestone’s contract.

While City are resigned to losing Robertson, the Mail understands the club have made Huddlestone an offer of an improved contract on a longer deal, with the onus now on the player to make a decision. Derby, however, remain confident of landing their man.

Having already seen Curtis Davies, Harry Maguire, Josh Tymon and Shaun Maloney leave the KCOM Stadium in recent weeks and with Ahmed Elmohamady and Kamil Grosicki likely to follow suit, the departure of Robertson and Huddlestone would leave City in a similar situation to last summer with a threadbare squad

Chelsea right-back Ola Aina is new manager Leonid Slutsky’s only senior recruit, with the Russian desperately in need of reinforcements just three weeks out from City’s opening Championship game at Aston Villa on August 5.

Huddlestone could be the next to depart after Derby yesterday met the former Totenham Hospur midfielder’s relegation release clause.

It would mean a reunion not just with Davies, who left for £500,000 in similar circumstances last month, but a return to the Rams where he started his career as a teenager.

With the current internal situation as it is in Hull City FC, they will be one of the biggest contenders for the relegation. I doubt Tom will be interested to play in the League One in the season 2018/19, even he has a more lucrative contract offer from them on the table.

Apparently, he has flown from Portugal last night and is doing or has already passed his medical at Derby.

2 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

Apparently, he has flown from Portugal last night and is doing or has already passed his medical at Derby.

Hope so. 

6 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

With the current internal situation as it is in Hull City FC, they will be one of the biggest contenders for the relegation. I doubt Tom will be interested to play in the League One in the season 2018/19, even he has a more lucrative contract offer from them on the table.

Where is that information from?

33 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

@RamsPolls and look st the screenshot. Let's hope so!

Also for you too @Ryan O'Meara

18 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Is that screenshot from...from... another forum?!!?!

xn9cba.jpg

MODS!!! 

We aren't snowflakes here that whinge about the other forums, take cheap shots and censor their name.:ph34r:

I agree with people who are saying that it doesn't really move us in any direction in terms of identity. He's basically an older, less injury prone Thorne. 

Having said that, we do need someone to play Thorne's role when he's injured and compete with Thorne when he's not. £2m is an absolute steal. We *kinda* know what our other targets are and getting a couple of them alongside this would help change our identity and it's not like the £2m spent here is going to greatly impede those transfers, where as other DCM targets may do just that. Also, we know we will be losing a few and depending on who those are you'd imagine that would also aid the identity shift. There's an element of romance to his return despite how short his time with us was (in the first team). AND people can finally stop complaining about how we sold Huddlestone for peanuts AND never spent the £2m we got for him.

So, if this does go through, it's a yes from me. 

2 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

Chelsea right-back Ola Aina is new manager Leonid Slutsky’s only senior recruit, with the Russian desperately in need of reinforcements just three weeks out from City’s opening Championship game at Aston Villa on August 5.

That's coming quick, 3 weeks today we'll all be hung over celebrating our 4-1 victory over Sunderland.  I would have said 4-0 but now I've cursed us by calling Vaughan rubbish.

For me I would say here tom we are offering you x amount which puts you in the top 7 highest earners. Hull are offering more but it's your choice now. You can come home to a bigger better club and still get a decent wage or you can stay at a club on the down for more money.

i wouldn't entertain trying to match hulls desperate wage offerings.

54 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Interesting...which way will Tom go? All depends now on wht GR sys to Tom. I put money on Tom coming back to Derby. New challenge, family lives in Nottingham, and suspect he feels he left a shade too soon before. We'll soon see...If Mel could maybe get him over to Moor Farm ...

You can't blame the established players at Hull wanting out/Away - Again it's the supporters who are left bewildered- mind you it's happened to us plenty of times! 

36 minutes ago, Simsy said:

For me I would say here tom we are offering you x amount which puts you in the top 7 highest earners. Hull are offering more but it's your choice now. You can come home to a bigger better club and still get a decent wage or you can stay at a club on the down for more money.

i wouldn't entertain trying to match hulls desperate wage offerings.

And I'd finish it off by saying "Platinum in the town centre are replacing Cosmo with their 20% off if we win."

That should swing it.

Archived