Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

53 minutes ago, Bfc1997 said:

In this instance, it isn't, because we don't need to sell him for cash. He'll go for the right fee, if not he'll stay. He's contracted for a year.

Thing is Brentford's entire set up seems to be bringing them in and turning them for profit. They won't want him to walk away for free, and if he doesn't sign a new deal on vastly improved terms then he won't be there by the end of this window if they can help it.

The only way that doesn't go down is if the player/his agent don't get the move he wants and in 12 months he moves without the need for a fee when suddenly around 8 Premier league teams and a host of clubs abroad make concrete moves for him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, 86 points said:

So he can walk on a free in a year? Do you think maybe your lot are just making the all right noises to try and ensure they get a half-decent fee for him?

We're happy for him to walk as his value to our promotion push (worth £150m) is higher than any fee we'd get.

19 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

So if he goes for the right fee (say us match that and he'll be sold to us yes?) 

Also is Sawyers still at Brentford? 

This is aimed at @Bfc1997

Well, our local rag has quoted Dean Smith as saying he won't play for another Championship club. So it would have to be PL team matching our valuation. 

Sawyers is still with us, don't be trying to nab him n'all :lol:

17 minutes ago, Bfc1997 said:

Well, our local rag has quoted Dean Smith as saying he won't play for another Championship club. So it would have to be PL team matching our valuation. 

Sawyers is still with us, don't be trying to nab him n'all :lol:

The lad I really like for you lot is Ryan Woods.

Doesn't have the presence of Huddlestone or Thorne but that boy has brilliant vision - excellent passer of the ball.

18 hours ago, Rample said:

Thing is Brentford's entire set up seems to be bringing them in and turning them for profit. They won't want him to walk away for free, and if he doesn't sign a new deal on vastly improved terms then he won't be there by the end of this window if they can help it.

The only way that doesn't go down is if the player/his agent don't get the move he wants and in 12 months he moves without the need for a fee when suddenly around 8 Premier league teams and a host of clubs abroad make concrete moves for him.

Normally, you are right with regards to not allowing players to leave on a free.  However, Jota is a special case.  His value to our push for promotion this season is greater than his transfer value.  Plus, if we don't go up this season, he'll have the freedom to pick whatever club he wants in 12 months.

I doubt he'll refuse to play for us either, as unlike Hogan& Tarkowski, he's got a bit of affinity for the club (we allowed him to leave on loan for 18 months back to Spain while he sorted out personal issues he'd got himself into).

13 hours ago, philmycock said:

Smacks of West Brom fans when we were in for Thorne, why go on opposition fans forums to tell the natives they won't sign their players, bizarre!

Come join a big club Jota!!!! Lol

I just thought I'd share the article with you, in case you hadn't seen it.  If he joins Derby then it's a coup and you've got a cracking player. 

3 minutes ago, inter politics said:

The lad I really like for you lot is Ryan Woods.

Doesn't have the presence of Huddlestone or Thorne but that boy has brilliant vision - excellent passer of the ball.

Linked with Sunderland - we've got lots of good CMs at the moment so I'd say you'd have a chance if you offered a decent fee (but you're looking at £5m+)

Archived