Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, inter politics said:

The lad I really like for you lot is Ryan Woods.

Doesn't have the presence of Huddlestone or Thorne but that boy has brilliant vision - excellent passer of the ball.

I've said for a while Woods is a player I'd like to see at Derby, would be great as the second DM next to Huddlestone/Thorne.

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I'd be happy to gamble on Brentford not going up this year and get Jota on a free :ph34r:

That suits us, the player and the clubs that are interested.  That's why he won't go barring a massive PL bid.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Would love him to sign for us 

Whilst it's a coup if you pull it off I think you should go back to signing players that aren't 'proven' as a general rule. The weight of expectation on the players at Pride Park is something you can feel a mile off. It can't be helping.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Why would you turn a bid from Derby down though 

Well, first of all, Derby could directly damage our chances of promotion.

Even if that wasn't a factor - as per a quote from Dean Smith, Jota won't play for another Championship team.

1 minute ago, Bfc1997 said:

Whilst it's a coup if you pull it off I think you should go back to signing players that aren't 'proven' as a general rule. The weight of expectation on the players at Pride Park is something you can feel a mile off. It can't be helping.

Agree with that to an extent. The expectation here is huge, but that is just part and parcel of playing for a big club in front of 30 odd thousand most weeks.

You have to have a strong mentality to do it.

Please dont take this the wrong way but its much easier for an unproven player to express themselves infront of 9000 or so at Brentford than it would be for them here.

Maybe its us fans that should look at ourselves as well as the players and ask ourselves if we could improve the way we "support" the team?

1 minute ago, Bfc1997 said:

We have no one like Jota quick with instant control that leaves a player  in his wake at Derby IMO maybe that's why we want Lawrence but I'd prefer you're man he's very good. 

Oh well looks like we won't get him so good luck for the new season lol. 

I will eat... one of my less preferred pizzas, but one that I can still enjoy, if we sign Jota. I'm THAT confident we wont. 

3 minutes ago, Venkman 2 said:

Agree with that to an extent. The expectation here is huge, but that is just part and parcel of playing for a big club in front of 30 odd thousand most weeks.

You have to have a strong mentality to do it.

Please dont take this the wrong way but its much easier for an unproven player to express themselves infront of 9000 or so at Brentford than it would be for them here.

Maybe its us fans that should look at ourselves as well as the players and ask ourselves if we could improve the way we "support" the team?

Perhaps the expectation at Derby is too high. 

Teams that overachieve (quality-wise) tend to do so against expectation, I guess proving people wrong is a motivator and draws a team closer together. 

2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Where do you stand on the great pineapple debate?

I'm personally not really a fan of pineapple in general - but I am not entirely against a sweet topping if it goes well with the other toppings.

I'm the type who likes to experiment with food stuffs to see what goes together, rather than decide based on how it sounds. 

For example, if you're the type who can stomach Marmite, it compliments Tuna really well. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I'm personally not really a fan of pineapple in general - but I am not entirely against a sweet topping if it goes well with the other toppings.

I'm the type who likes to experiment with food stuffs to see what goes together, rather than decide based on how it sounds. 

For example, if you're the type who can stomach Marmite, it compliments Tuna really well. 

So does loneliness.

Accordingly to the internet sources Brentford are expecting to cash in about 8 million pounds for him.

Jota likes the style of football DCFC plays, but I think he isn't coming to DCFC.

jotalikesderby.jpg

By the way, he was discovered and brought to Brentford by Ted Kuntsen and Ricardo Larandart.

jotadiscovered.jpg

SWOT analysis of his playing style says:

jotaplayingstyle.jpg

He is actually not strong enough to play in the Championship.

Archived