Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

23 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

Accordingly to the internet sources Brentford are expecting to cash in about 8 million pounds for him.

Jota likes the style of football DCFC plays, but I think he isn't coming to DCFC.

jotalikesderby.jpg

By the way, he was discovered and brought to Brentford by Ted Kuntsen and Ricardo Larandart.

jotadiscovered.jpg

SWOT analysis of his playing style says:

jotaplayingstyle.jpg

He is actually not strong enough to play in the Championship.

Interesting how he knows what style Derby play. I don't think even Derby know that yet.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bfc1997 said:

We're happy for him to walk as his value to our promotion push (worth £150m) is higher than any fee we'd get.

With due respect, that assumption only makes sense if you are likely to get promoted and I'd say you have less chance than us on that score. I don't think you can even assume you'll make the playoffs so the most likely scenario is another decent season but no promotion and you lose your best player for nothing. That said, I like your thinking! Good luck for the season ahead in any case.

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

It was more reference to the previous post mate. Nothing bad against you. Was a face palm for the Brentford fan basically saying they could get promoted. 

Incredibly arrogant to think they couldn't.

There's usually at least one unexpected challenger. Last season no one expected Huddersfield or Reading to be one game from promotion.

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

It was more reference to the previous post mate. Nothing bad against you. Was a face palm for the Brentford fan basically saying they could get promoted. 

Sure they're a few blushing fans that said the same about Huddersfield don't you think? You just never know in this league.

3 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

They have a chance I guess but it's a big risk IMO. Unfortunately, I can't really see Jota coming to Derby either. All the vibes seem negative which is a shame as on admittedly limited evidence, he seems a very useful player to me.

15 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

If Huddersfield can, anyone can :lol:

3 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Jesus christ, this turned into a suck fest of Brentford. 

Can't see them doing anything this year, sorry. But their squad is below average for this league and they will struggle to get past top 10. 

That's fine with your opinion but I think they'll do well. 

31 minutes ago, 86 points said:

With due respect, that assumption only makes sense if you are likely to get promoted and I'd say you have less chance than us on that score. I don't think you can even assume you'll make the playoffs so the most likely scenario is another decent season but no promotion and you lose your best player for nothing. That said, I like your thinking! Good luck for the season ahead in any case.

It's based on what Matthew Benham thinks our chances of promotion are.  He clearly thinks we've got a good chance.

Archived