RamsFan10

26 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

How to browse transfer talk:

Have we signed Tom Lawrence yet?

17:18:08 - Open Tom Lawrence thread
17:18:15 - See 6 consecutive puns
17:18:21 - Close Tom Lawrence thread

No, no we haven't.

Come on Jupiter, some of the puns are out of this world.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Quite, how on Earth he can't see it I don't know.

Withdrawn. Duplicate uranus pun. Bah.

Just now, EulogyForEvolution said:

I have a feeling we won't be seeing any more in before someone else leaves.

It hasn't helped with Blackman and Bent being injured, because I get the feeling they were two we were trying to shift.

Doubt this will get done before the Sunderland game, if it gets done at all.

I'm sure we will get someone in before Sunderland.

If not it makes the sales of Ince and Hughes all the more horrific.

Last year we were crippled by a bad start in August, with the championship set to be as competitive as ever we cannot afford a repeat. We need to hit the ground running.

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm sure we will get someone in before Sunderland.

If not it makes the sales of Ince and Hughes all the more horrific.

Last year we were crippled by a bad start in August, with the championship set to be as competitive as ever we cannot afford a repeat. We need to hit the ground running.

We are very well covered for players as we stand and there is absolutely no reason to consider it horrific for selling Ince and Hughes who both wanted to leave to play in the premiership- my only grumble is the price we got for Hughes 

have patience even if we wait until the winter transfer window 

1 hour ago, lioncoeur said:

5813incix4001174.jpg

Tom Lawrence shoves Derby's Craig Bryson on his Ipswich Town debut.

I have a feeling, he's not going to be the best buddy with Craig Bryson.

Bryson seems to be saying "anywhere but the face!"-bloody fairy.Glad to see Lawrence has a bit of aggro in his locker.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We are very well covered for players as we stand and there is absolutely no reason to consider it horrific for selling Ince and Hughes who both wanted to leave to play in the premiership- my only grumble is the price we got for Hughes 

I would say selling Ince and then not buying a replacement is horrific business, regardless of where he wants to play. Selling your highest goalscorer and not replacing them isn't how you run a football club. Hopefully, and what i think will happen is, we'll sign Lawrence and another winger (possibly a loan) and overall our business in this window could be considered good. If we don't get a quality winger in (at least one) it'll be a very poor transfer window, and we'll have a poor season. 

1 hour ago, lioncoeur said:

5813incix4001174.jpg

Tom Lawrence shoves Derby's Craig Bryson on his Ipswich Town debut.

I have a feeling, he's not going to be the best buddy with Craig Bryson.

Well he is on top toes and trying to push our littlest player?

Brighton ready to pay £8 million for Lawrence.

The promoted club have already broken their club record this summer after signing Valencia goalkeeper Matthew Ryan

Brighton are lining up a move for Leicester attacker Tom Lawrence which could see them smash their club record for a second time this summer.

Brighton boss Chris Hughton is keen to make £8m-rated Lawrence, 23, his sixth signing of the summer.

The Premier League new boys are optimistic of getting a deal for the versatile forward Lawrence done.

And the potential fee for the Welshman would top the £5.1m Brighton paid out for goalkeeper Mathew Ryan last month.

Former Manchester United youngster Lawrence spent last season on loan at Ipswich in the Championship.

And he caught the eye with a string of spectacular strikes in his final tally of 11 goals in 36 games.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-ready-break-transfer-record-10884306

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Brighton ready to pay £8 million for Lawrence.

The promoted club have already broken their club record this summer after signing Valencia goalkeeper Matthew Ryan

Brighton are lining up a move for Leicester attacker Tom Lawrence which could see them smash their club record for a second time this summer.

Brighton boss Chris Hughton is keen to make £8m-rated Lawrence, 23, his sixth signing of the summer.

The Premier League new boys are optimistic of getting a deal for the versatile forward Lawrence done.

And the potential fee for the Welshman would top the £5.1m Brighton paid out for goalkeeper Mathew Ryan last month.

Former Manchester United youngster Lawrence spent last season on loan at Ipswich in the Championship.

And he caught the eye with a string of spectacular strikes in his final tally of 11 goals in 36 games.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-ready-break-transfer-record-10884306

Well that's that then ?

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We aren't well covered, Blackman is injured, Bent is injured, Vydra is injured (or has fallen out with Rowett if you believe that).

Russell has been out of form for a long time and has looked poor in pre-season.

Weimann and Bennett are more than capable of covering, but in terms of a quality goal scorer on the wings we have sold our only capable one.

Archived