Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

Thanks folks... but I'm still struggling!

Scrolling down the actual page, I see nothing relating to emojis.

Clicking on the smiley face tab across the top of this reply box, brings up a total of 17 so-called emojis, in various categories.

Typing "Fishing" in the emoji search box brings up "No results found", as does "laugh", "smile" and "cry" (as example search terms tried).

I'm using Chrome, on a laptop, on windows 10, if that matters?

Edited by Mucker1884

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Thanks folks... but I'm still struggling!

Scrolling down the actual page, I see nothing relating to emojis.

Clicking on the smiley face tab across the top of this reply box, brings up a total of 17 so-called emojis, in various categories.

Typing "Fishing" in the emoji search box brings up "No results found", as does "laugh", "smile" and "cry" (as example search terms tried).

I'm using Chrome, on a laptop, on windows 10, if that matters?

Can you try clearing your cache, sounds like something is wonky on your end, first thing to try would be this

10 minutes ago, David said:

Can you try clearing your cache, sounds like something is wonky on your end, first thing to try would be this

I believe I have now done that...

My emoji options are now limited to one single ladies sandal, a hot pepper, a bed, two exclamation marks, two small squares, and two medium squares.  A total of 9 emojis... not even enough to require a scroll slider now!!  LOL!

I'll keep fiddling with cache/history/cookies etc, then try a reboot.

... But first, I really must try and catch up on this afternoons shenanigans... I've been out all day, and have just seen the result!!  Whoohoo!  :-)

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I believe I have now done that...

My emoji options are now limited to one single ladies sandal, a hot pepper, a bed, two exclamation marks, two small squares, and two medium squares.  A total of 9 emojis... not even enough to require a scroll slider now!!  LOL!

I'll keep fiddling with cache/history/cookies etc, then try a reboot.

... But first, I really must try and catch up on this afternoons shenanigans... I've been out all day, and have just seen the result!!  Whoohoo!  ?

Are you running any ad blockers? If so, don’t tell me, just try turning it off, then reloading the page.

Ad Blocker is off for this site.  This site is white listed.  All Cache, cookies and browsing history cleared from history.  Signed out.  Laptop rebooted.  Signed back in again.

Still the same available emojis showing as per my last list.

This is no biggy of course, and I hate to bother you, but I know some of you geeks technical wizards like a challenge, so I'll leave it with yer.

There's a nice moist and tasty turkey sandwich in it, for the winner!  

Cheers.

21 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ad Blocker is off for this site.  This site is white listed.  All Cache, cookies and browsing history cleared from history.  Signed out.  Laptop rebooted.  Signed back in again.

This is no biggy of course, and I hate to bother you, but I know some of you geeks technical wizards like a challenge, so I'll leave it with yer.

There's a dried put turkey sandwich in it, for the winner!  

Cheers.

22 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

There's a nice moist and tasty turkey sandwich in it, for the winner!  

Cheers.

Can you open up the emoji's and click on categories then take a screenshot for me like I have below.

Screenshot 2018-12-30 at 20.47.27.png

12 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

1809703097_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.2146d9a77f4d5c93d68b81af9b19ecc5.png

Odd, running Chrome now and have no issue, although this is on a Mac.

Are you running the latest version of Chrome? 

Can you try in an incognito window and see if it's the same.

Finally, you can try unchecking "Use hardware acceleration (Menu> Settings> Show Advanced Settings > System menu)."

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Are you on a ZX81, or Commodore Amiga?

I sense a humour dig, but only because the name commodore seems familiar?  (My kids were born in the '80's).  The rest just whooshed right over my head.  LOL.

For the record, it's a 2 year old Dell summatorother laptop.  Win10.  Chrome.  I know very little else (literally!), but this problem does seem to be unique to this site, as I do get full access to similar emoji things on other message boards.

I had to google how to do the screenshot!  Ha Ha!

3 minutes ago, David said:

Odd, running Chrome now and have no issue, although this is on a Mac.

Are you running the latest version of Chrome? 

Can you try in an incognito window and see if it's the same.

Finally, you can try unchecking "Use hardware acceleration (Menu> Settings> Show Advanced Settings > System menu)."

Erm... Gimme an hour... I'll get back to yer!   

I appear to be on latest version (I had to google it, but yes, all appears good on that score).

Exactly the same using incognito.

Have now unchecked the hardware acceleration thing (thanks for the directions!) and clicked "relaunch".

Returned here... Refreshed the page... still no change!  

(Double checked incognito at this stage, but still no luck there again, either)

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

I appear to be on latest version (I had to google it, but yes, all appears good on that score).

Exactly the same using incognito.

Have now unchecked the hardware acceleration thing (thanks for the directions!) and clicked "relaunch".

Returned here... Refreshed the page... still no change!  

(Double checked incognito at this stage, but still no luck there again, either)

I’ve temporarily changed the style just for you, can you check again now, may need to clear cache 

Just checked on mobile... all seemed ok.

Was in the process of checking on my (older) work laptop, and all seems good there too, but that may be because of what you have just done?

All good now on this laptop, so whatever you have done seems to have worked.  Look...

???

All very much appreciated, and sincere apologies for being a pain.  ☺️

PM me your address, and the turkey sandwich will get posted in the morning (Allow 5 days though, due to New Year postage, blah, blah, blah!

And please accept this, as a token of my gratitude...  ?

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just checked on mobile... all seemed ok.

Was in the process of checking on my (older) work laptop, and all seems good there too, but that may be because of what you have just done?

All good now on this laptop, so whatever you have done seems to have worked.  Look...

???

All very much appreciated, and sincere apologies for being a pain.  ☺️

PM me your address, and the turkey sandwich will get posted in the morning (Allow 5 days though, due to New Year postage, blah, blah, blah!

And please accept this, as a token of my gratitude...  ?

Steady on, not fixed yet, all we’ve established is your device won’t show the standard emoji.

Just switched back, guessing they are broken again for you?