Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, eddie said:

It's funny how players' abilities decline upon leaving Derby, in the minds of some.

... and how the abilities of those we "miss out on" increase when they sign for somebody else.

However, as much as I rate Will as one of, if not the best, player to come through the ranks in the 30 years I've been watching, putting him in the same bracket as some of those mentioned is somewhat eyebrow raising.  He may become a great, but he isn't there yet and he wasn't while playing for us (particularly in the context of when he played for us compared to some of the others).  

Anyhoo, I'm hoping we stay clear of Ledley and promote from within.  How will we find the next Will if we don't give them a go?

1 hour ago, Mistaram said:

Credit to Wassall been here 7years and produced three first teamers brilliant  

Well in the 7 years we have had the following academy players make their debuts

Bennett, Hughes, Hendrick, Ball, O'Brien, Severn, Atkins, Thomas, Hanson, Hoganson, Calero, Roos, Santos, Elsnik, Lowe, Mitchell, Vernam, Gordon, Bird and Guy

Works out at almost 3 players a season.

Not much point in ledley coming in ,, rowett really wants Kieth in Jan and from the reports on the type of player he is I can see the job rowett has mapped out for him in our team ,, given that with the return of Thorne , some youngsters knocking about and the time it could take to get ledley match fit and settled what's the point he also doesn't sound like the same type of mobile  snapping at the heels break up player that rowett wants to do the dirty stuff and let our better players play

5 minutes ago, archied said:

Not much point in ledley coming in ,, rowett really wants Kieth in Jan and from the reports on the type of player he is I can see the job rowett has mapped out for him in our team ,, given that with the return of Thorne , some youngsters knocking about and the time it could take to get ledley match fit and settled what's the point he also doesn't sound like the same type of mobile  snapping at the heels break up player that rowett wants to do the dirty stuff and let our better players play

i hazard to guess that Gary knows what he wants better than we do

On 14/09/2017 at 20:54, Nuwtfly said:

Idiakez ran games on occasions in a Derby shirt, and Kris Commons arguably kept our heads above water at times under Clough. He was the only Rams player opposition fans worried about, at the time.

I'm not saying either are better/worse than Hughes, but to suggest that he is the best player to ever wear a Derby shirt is a bit mad.

I think the issue is context.. ... eranio stood out even in a premier league side against premier league players.

Idiakez stood out in a successful side playing good football

Kinkladze stood out because he was world class and at times unplayable.. .. at other times he was invisible

Asanovic was the sane as eranio.... stood out even in the premier league.

Hughes while very good predominantly played in the championship with teams that played well and also played poorly... his level of play rarely changed he was consistent and talented but did he kick on.... did he become dominant game controlling player?

I'm not sure he did and he'll need that in the prem.

On 14/09/2017 at 20:14, G STAR RAM said:

Won't believe it until it is written on the side of the team bus.

11 hours ago, rynny said:

Well in the 7 years we have had the following academy players make their debuts

Bennett, Hughes, Hendrick, Ball, O'Brien, Severn, Atkins, Thomas, Hanson, Hoganson, Calero, Roos, Santos, Elsnik, Lowe, Mitchell, Vernam, Gordon, Bird and Guy

Works out at almost 3 players a season.

Rynny  Don't scrape the barrel mate he's only produced three in seven years debuts and playing regular are a mile apart most of them have had 10 minutes in some non descript cup match His record his awful considering the facilities he's had to work with 

1 hour ago, Mistaram said:

Rynny  Don't scrape the barrel mate he's only produced three in seven years debuts and playing regular are a mile apart most of them have had 10 minutes in some non descript cup match His record his awful considering the facilities he's had to work with 

The facilities have only been upgraded in the last couple of years, since Mel has become owner. How long do you think it takes for academy products to come through? What age did he focus on when he first arrived? How can the academy players be given a chance when the first team manager is spending large amounts on players blocking their route into the team?

1 hour ago, rynny said:

The facilities have only been upgraded in the last couple of years, since Mel has become owner. How long do you think it takes for academy products to come through? What age did he focus on when he first arrived? How can the academy players be given a chance when the first team manager is spending large amounts on players blocking their route into the team?

Well your OK with giving him credit for Hughes and Hendrick we were not spending money under Clough were we I'll repeat his record is not good 

2 hours ago, Mistaram said:

You can not compare us against the likes of a number of Premiership sides, who will always attract the 9 to 12 year olds with mega potential over any EFL teams. We will always get youngsters that have'nt been picked up by the likes of Chelsea, Southampton etc.

Jonathan Mitchell was with Newcastle when they were in the Premiership when they released him. Wassell took him on and recently he has gained England U21 status. You have to compare us against other Championship sides to get a true measure of our Accademy success

On 15/09/2017 at 08:32, DazzaRam said:

Jeff Hendrick has done far better than Will Hughes.

Hendrick had a good Euro's with Ireland that helped to get him noticed and pushed his transfer price up. Will Hughes going to Watford was a strange one. I feel he should have gone to Spain, where a lot of clubs would have been more suitable to his style.

Anyway getting back to the blog. Ledley was released by Palace back in June and no club comes in for him. There is got to be something not right here. Managers and coaches must know, all sounds a bit suspect here. well nobodys taking a gamble on him.

Archived