Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, sage said:

With Thorne coming through 90 minutes, Bird looking promising and Guy getting on the pitch I think we will go with what we have until Jan.

This is the trouble with transfer windows, transfers etc, always looking for the silver bullet signing that will make us an unstoppable force.

Imagine if we had just signed our whole squad in the August transfer window .... everyone's hopes would be pretty  high I reckon.

If GR can make them all click then we will be fine.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 17:27, jagerbob said:

On what planet is Hughes a better option than Tom Huddlestone?

Hughes cant switch play at all, let alone ping it 50 yards, which is what we need to stretch play and use the pace of Vydra, Lawrence and Weimann

On every planet, ever in the history of mankind he is better....do you know one Derby fan that would say Huddelstone is the best player they have ever seen....? nope....and no matter what some say there is a lot of people who would say that Hughes was the best player they ever saw play...me included

I really hope GR doesn't pursue this one, he's already said he wants Kief to sign in January, add Ledley to the squad, Bryson and possibly Butterfield back next season were back to having a seriously over inflated midfield. 

On paper our midfield may look a bit light at the minute but I hope he perseveres with playing the young lads instead even if it may damage us in the short term.

49 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

On every planet, ever in the history of mankind he is better....do you know one Derby fan that would say Huddelstone is the best player they have ever seen....? nope....and no matter what some say there is a lot of people who would say that Hughes was the best player they ever saw play...me included

Do you really mean that Muespach? The best player ever?

I really did love to watch him play, even last season when in all honesty he only played well in brief periods of some matches, but he's some way from being the best player I've seen play for Derby, let alone in football more generally. 

And I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be either at 22 years old.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Step away from the Moonshine.

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

Do you really mean that Muespach? The best player ever?

I really did love to watch him play, even last season when in all honesty he only played well in brief periods of some matches, but he's some way from being the best player I've seen play for Derby, let alone in football more generally. 

And I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be either at 22 years old.

Agreed. Hughes on form is great on the eye, has bags of skill and is of an age where there's so much potential for improvement. However, for all that, for me he has been nowhere as effective as he needs to be if he is to be classed as one of the best players. In the 35+ years I've been watching the Rams I could probably name a dozen or so other players who were 'better', based solely on their contribution.

1 hour ago, superzak said:

Depends what era your talking with hughes. Hes ok in the championship...and may make a fist of it in the prem. But he aint a patch on Archie ,Bruce Rioch, John McGovern, Dave Mackay ,Willie carlin weve had way better than him in the past

Now we're talking !

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

If they say Hughes is the best player they ever saw play they ain't watched much football In Derby's history he wouldn't make the top fifty  

44 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

If they say Hughes is the best player they ever saw play they ain't watched much football In Derby's history he wouldn't make the top fifty  

In terms of talent, to say he wouldn't make the top fifty is laughable. In fact I think I will have a good laugh at your comment right now!! :D:D:D.

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Not sure he's the best I've seen in a Rams shirt but 100% agree better than Huddlestone.

5 hours ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

Hughes is probably the most talented player we have had over the last five to ten years but he would not have broken into the top level sides fielded by Arthur Cox or Jim Smith.  

He was a big fish in a mediocre Championship pond. We will see if he can cut it at a higher level. 

He would have absolutely flourished in the company of Eranio, biaino & Stimac. 

9 hours ago, bcnram said:

In terms of talent, to say he wouldn't make the top fifty is laughable. In fact I think I will have a good laugh at your comment right now!! :D:D:D.

It probably isn't that laughable.

At various times during our history we have challenged around the top of the top division and had numerous players excelling themselves at that level. Will Hughes as only ever played in a second flight team.

Of course that alone doesn't mean anything but now he has moved to the top flight he is not even getting in the squad. 

Archived