Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, maydrakin said:

It says that some people shop in Aldi because Marks & Spencer is out of their price range?

Really? It appears we are shopping in the out of date aisles. And in all seriousness, they've signed some cracking players who would waltz into our side, Mendez-Laing in particular. But yeah, we don't shop at Rochdale, we are too good for that. 

Laughable that we'd look down on Cardiff et al. They've been in an FA Cup final and the Premier League in the last decade and are currently flying under a proven quality manager.

2 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Really? It appears we are shopping in the out of date aisles. And in all seriousness, they've signed some cracking players who would waltz into our side, Mendez-Laing in particular. But yeah, we don't shop at Rochdale, we are too good for that. 

Laughable that we'd look down on Cardiff et al. They've been in an FA Cup final and the Premier League in the last decade and are currently flying under a proven quality manager.

Great post to many Derby fans think were more important than we really are If there's not a load of noughts attached to the fee our fans think they are no good 

13 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I need to be Sir Alex now to form an opinion on a player? Right. 

But yes, I preferred the idea of Bryson and Butters in our squad than Ledley. Two is better than one. Both great players who were written off very quickly. 

I hope everything works out, I'm of the clapping happily fraternity. But the last few months have been a massive mess and my common sense sometimes weighs in. 

If we wanted Ledley we'd have signed him ages ago. Been free all summer. He's here now purely because GR gambled on black on deadline day and it landed on red. Don't try and curry it any other way. 

Cardiff chose Bryson over Ledley. What's that say? 

Rowett said in the pre Birmingham interview we were looking at him earlier in the summer but didn't think he would want to come to us at that time as he had lots of offers, and thought that he was probably holding out for a prem team. It is only the events of the last week or so where has convinced him to try and sign Ledley (Thorne going off after 15 minutes in the under 23s, Guy going off at half time, Hanson looking like he is still 7-8 weeks away from first team action) He said that if any of those were fit then he probably would not have gone in for him.

11 hours ago, rynny said:

Rowett said in the pre Birmingham interview we were looking at him earlier in the summer but didn't think he would want to come to us at that time as he had lots of offers, and thought that he was probably holding out for a prem team. It is only the events of the last week or so where has convinced him to try and sign Ledley (Thorne going off after 15 minutes in the under 23s, Guy going off at half time, Hanson looking like he is still 7-8 weeks away from first team action) He said that if any of those were fit then he probably would not have gone in for him.

Right. So you believe him. 

We weren't ever in for him. He did not want to lose Butters or Bryson. They asked to leave. So he scrambled trying to get Davis. He failed so asked for Keith. Failed again. 

And so he's looked at the scrap heap and grabbed Ledley. 

That's my view. 

3 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

We weren't ever in for him. He did not want to lose Butters or Bryson. They asked to leave. So he scrambled trying to get Davis. He failed so asked for Keith. Failed again. 

That's my view. 

We were linked in June with Ledley, so who knows.

6 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

That's my view. 

You say Ledley is on the scrap heap, however it's safe to say that he has performed at a much higher level than Bryson.

In the last 18 months, he has played in the Prem and has played in the semis of a major international tournament.

What has Bryson done in that time?

Plus, Bryson does not fit into our formation. He may well suit Cardiff's style of play, but he would have been a bit part player here at best.

And he's older than Ledley.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Bryson's contribution, however we need to move on.

7 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

That's my view. 

Bryson didn't ask to leave, he was gutted at the prospect of leaving.

He was probably just resigned to the fact that whichever Pratt we had as manager they wouldn't play him in his correct position.

Thankfully Warnock knows how to get the best out of him.

9 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Nothing against Joe Ledley. And if we get a rejuvenated bryson back at the end of the season as a by-product then that's fine,  dandy and a win-win :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Still too hairy.

the plug hole will need clearing out after every home match.

Didn't Bryson go with a right to buy in January?

And Ledley is plugging the hole.................              Sorry !!     

1 hour ago, t'oldu said:

Didn't Bryson go with a right to buy in January?

And Ledley is plugging the hole.................              Sorry !!     

I don't know, but I hope not. Doesn't seem to square with the fact that his departure on loan was, I thought, a bit last minute after we failed to shift deader wood.

Sheff Wed wanted him first then opted for Butterfield when we asked for Winnall as part of the deal.    Think GR just let players go to free up space and pay ......and wouldn't have chosen to lose Bryson but needs must if.................................and he was one of our highest paid players. GR thought he was getting MK as a replacement.

Presume Rush's fancy accounting has got us into the FPP mess........ all very quiet on that front.

Archived