Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

12 minutes ago, Anon said:

Rowett's bumboy, Bradley Johnson, recently gave an interview stating how much he'd love to be back at Norwich. No point in keeping him if he doesn't want to be here.

If you actually be bothered to read the piece and it said BEFORE HE RETIRE. No issues about that at all. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Anon said:

Rowett's bumboy, Bradley Johnson, recently gave an interview stating how much he'd love to be back at Norwich. No point in keeping him if he doesn't want to be here.

But I suspect nobody will pay the wages we are paying. Nor give us enough in fee to make it worthwhile. besides, GR loves Johnson. He's big and powerful and athletic

17 hours ago, angieram said:

According to Watford's site, this deal is still subject to the medical. Anyone know how his eyesight is? 

Ha ha. For me the bargain basement price suggests we don't think he's anything comparable to the player he was and could have become. And I presume that's a result of the cruciate injury. And it may well be true.

But the unseemly haste to get rid while a lot of clubs will be semi-closed for their brief summer holidays before everything begins to ramp up for pre-season (still about 10 days away for most Premier League clubs) is baffling to me. Surely you get a bigger fee by waiting. Of course the medical can't be done yet as Will's season has't even finished! What about the big clubs across Europe scouting the U21 tournament? Why exclude them from the opportunity? I think Hughes' game is more suited to Spain which could have been a better move for him and with the low pound he'd be much more attractive to teams there.

The whole thing is perverse.

6 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

If you actually be bothered to read the piece and it said BEFORE HE RETIRE. No issues about that at all. 

I am aware of that, but if people can allege that Hughes was desperate to leave based on nothing at all, then I'm quite happy to quote Johnson out of context to show how stupid that line of thinking is.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

The latest Rowett interview is definitely worth a watch if you haven't already. Hughes clearly the driving force behind this deal. As were the FFP implications. :mellow:

Pffft, why let the facts get in the way of everyone wanting GR out after a couple of defeats for letting Will leave.

17 minutes ago, Anon said:

I am aware of that, but if people can allege that Hughes was desperate to leave based on nothing at all, then I'm quite happy to quote Johnson out of context to show how stupid that line of thinking is.

Desperate? Probably not but by his own admission time to move on

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Am I the only person who thinks the Chris Riggott sale was worse and as a Derby born lad, he was a good example of home grown 

Good shout that! What about Tom Huddlestone to spurs? Was it £900k rising

3 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

So FFP is an issue then, OK

He didn't say it was it an issue but it's not something that can be ignored either, we do have a large squad, you can't continue signing players at the rate we have, with Hughes wanting a new challenge, the need to reduce the squad to strengthen decided to sell.

Didn't sound like a fire sale before we get a transfer embargo.

"I think it's a difficult one, had we stood in his way...knowing his force on [the move to Watford]."

The emerging picture is that Will Hughes wanted Premier League football next season, which is fair enough.

I think Rowett has been told he has to raise funds before he can spend them, hence selling him early and not waiting around for other bidders.

Presume a lot of this deal with be cash up-front as well.

31 minutes ago, feisty said:

But I suspect nobody will pay the wages we are paying. Nor give us enough in fee to make it worthwhile. besides, GR loves Johnson. He's big and powerful and athletic

...and scored 15 goals in the season that Norwich got promoted...but hey ho

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Considering we've been told by the club on a number of occasions that FFP hasn't been a problem, that interview raises some questions.

My interpretation is that it hadn't been a problem, and won't be a problem providing we reign in the spending this season.

35 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Did he say BEFORE HE RETIRE with a carrot in his mouth?

p.s. Can anyone explain to me what a Bumboy is? Someone who likes the crack perhaps?

Archived