Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

21 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Completely anonymous this evening. We're well rid.

He was clearly asked to play a specific role. I was disappointed to see where he was playing and the type of positions he was in to both receive and pass the ball but he did exactly what he was asked to do. When he got it he kept hold of it, didn't give it away once. Slowed the game down, kept it simple yet still played two absolute quality passes. Passes that not everyone could make.

I'm aware I'm looking for his positives but I'd say that if someone didn't recognise those two passes as moments of real quality then it's unlikely they'll ever appreciate a player like Will where it's all about the weight of his balls.

i still think he must be unbelievably frustrated to be asked to play such a limited role, a role in a position where he's always on the edge of being involved but he's not allowed to be creative going forward.

i think successive managers have been guilty of under utilising wills natural strengths and it's horrible to watch him play within himself. I really hope he gets given his attacking and creative freedom back.

he was anonymous because of the job he was asked to do. Everything he did he did well.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'm aware I'm looking for his positives but I'd say that if someone didn't recognise those two passes as moments of real quality then it's unlikely they'll ever appreciate a player like Will where it's all about the weight of his balls.

The latter might explain his lack of pace.

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What kind of whiff are you talking of, pray tell sirruh.

Am wondering if it isn't a done deal. Strangely quiet officially and a lot of outside hype. Just maybe it isn't a done deal.

mel may have been suckered in desperation following injuries to support Clement and later being the good guy supporting Pearson but he isn't a mug .... the money isn't a bottomless pit and he didn't get where he is by being daft.

24 minutes ago, jono said:

Am wondering if it isn't a done deal. Strangely quiet officially and a lot of outside hype. Just maybe it isn't a done deal.

I'd have thought that (unfortunately) it's much more likely that it's in a similar limbo to the Wisdom move. That nothing will be confirmed until Hughes is back from the Euros and had a medical.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'd have thought that (unfortunately) it's much more likely that it's in a similar limbo to the Wisdom move. That nothing will be confirmed until Hughes is back from the Euros and had a medical.

I was in the "definition of hope" phase 

an elephant hanging over a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy 

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

With a bit of luck he may break a toenail and fail the medical on his return. Puts him out of action until the day after the transfer market closes ?

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, philmycock said:

Just had a cheeky look at the Watford forum, and the general consensus of opinion is that the pull for playing for Watford is because it's near London, so best of luck playing in front of that fanbase Will, relegation fodder!

Watford is a dump. And it's as easy to get to London as Derby is, by train anyway. 

I would think bournemouth would be a better bet for will if they are interested , or Brighton even. Mind you I guess he doesn't do much sunbathing on the beach. 

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Watford is a dump. And it's as easy to get to London as Derby is, by train anyway. 

I would think bournemouth would be a better bet for will if they are interested , or Brighton even. Mind you I guess he doesn't do much sunbathing on the beach. 

My nephew, who is from that part of the world and a Hatters fan since he could walk (part time Ram when he visits us  ) had one short scentence .. Why would anyone want to play for the "scum" ...

I am a bit embarrassed .. I wish Will well wherever he goes. But a part of me will be forever broken if he plays for Watford 

Archived