Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

You got the bit about will spot on but you missed the KEY bit . He is a ball retaining midfielder . My problem is that in the FORWARD position in midfield he plays in he doesn't play enough FORWARD balls or SCORE enough there are not enough clever thru balls to forwards . 90% of the time its either sideways and 8% backwards and 2% forwards. Its simply not good enough , I personally have seen the perm injured George thorne paly a lot more forward balls from a lot deeper position. 

Contrary to what a lot think I haven't seen him control ENOUGH games and that is what he needs to do and score.

I like Will I really do but he is so far over hyped its unbelievable , honestly I would rate him as a slightly above average midfielder he is missing key ingrediants to make him a top player . 

Do you realise how rare through-balls are?  Romain Sawyers tops the 'through-balls per game' charts with 0.3 through-balls a game.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

As soon as Sam Rush is out of the picture - we're suddenly selling what has long been considered our prize asset from the Academy for a fee that seems totally out of line with the market.

Simply would not have happened if Rush was still here.

depends on the contract terms that SR negotiated with Will though

5 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

As soon as Sam Rush is out of the picture - we're suddenly selling what has long been considered our prize asset from the Academy for a fee that seems totally out of line with the market.

Of course not his bonus wouldn't  be big enough at this price :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We can't be just accepting 4.5 million up front for Will Hughes with extra add ons?

I refuse to believe Mel Morris would be such a Pratt to accept such a low offer, if he has that would put him as the biggest idiot in football, now that Fawaz has gone.

There must be payments being written off from Watford or this is the worst transfer in the history of our club, far worse than Huddlestone (as we were run by crooks at the time)...

We are currently ran by a sound business man, who has made money making brilliant business decisions...I refuse to believe he would make such a monumental balls up of a decision.

This is called denial. The first stage of grief. Eventually we'll reach the final stage - acceptance, and move on. 

Unless we fans can claim to be more "in the know" than BBC Derby's correspondent, we can't claim that Anya/Vydra fees are anything to do with Hughes' transfer - the suggestion that they are is pure speculation and straw-clutching at this stage. 

4 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Rush is the reason were in this mess,4year contracts for players who are dross,no hope of moving them on.Clement was rushes baby,wasserman conection

Many players should have gone before Hughes.This deal may well have been sorted by rush before rowett came.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

The pack needs to be shuffled and for all the ludicrous outcry about selling the likes of Blackman and Anya instead, what the hell would that achieve? We needed to shake up the 30+ games a season players! Not the five minutes every fortnight players! 

See I believe the opposite, we have had a good basis of a team for the last 3-4 seasons. We must have with the seasons we had from 13/14 to 15/16. Look what happened when we took out Martin last season (and Hendrick to an extent). We need to improve on the lesser players, the ones who appear here and there, because that is when we have struggled. Look at 14/15, we struggled once we lost our main players. We were flying high up to that point.

23 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Hmm, questionable agent involvement maybe but who knows? 

27 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

For all we know he was pocketing half the proceeds anyway :ph34r:

#spurious

#gonnagetsued

Here comes @David with the ban hammer...

11 minutes ago, swiftur said:

Rush is the reason were in this mess,4year contracts for players who are dross,no hope of moving them on.Clement was rushes baby,wasserman conection

Many players should have gone before Hughes.This deal may well have been sorted by rush before rowett came.

Sure Rush is guilty of a lot of things, but one thing I think he did well was not let us get taken for mugs when it came to selling players. I'm sure Mel has a plan :ermm:

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Sure Rush is guilty of a lot of things, but one thing I think he did well was not let us get taken for mugs when it came to selling players. I'm sure Mel has a plan :ermm:

He was complicit in the purchases of Johnson, Butterfield, Vydra, Anya for what, £22m? 4 players who we would barely notice had gone should they be sold. Mugged? Yes.

29 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

He was complicit in the purchases of Johnson, Butterfield, Vydra, Anya for what, £22m? 4 players who we would barely notice had gone should they be sold. Mugged? Yes.

yeah - I'm talking about selling players though. I won't argue the case against bad buys!

Since Rush started at the club, name one decent player that we have sold on the cheap..

What we don't know about the add-ons that take the suggested fee from £4.5m to £7m is what they involve.

If it's playing 50 Premier league games or winning a full England cap then fair enough.

If it's Watford have to win the league or he has to score 20 goals in a season then we'll never see the cash!  

Out of interest .... how do we really know what the fee is ? what is the quality of the source, and will we ever be able to verify it with any accuracy prior to accounts coming out in 18 months time ? 

9 minutes ago, jono said:

Out of interest .... how do we really know what the fee is ? what is the quality of the source, and will we ever be able to verify it with any accuracy prior to accounts coming out in 18 months time ? 

Unfortunately the accounts are unlikely to help as the profit/loss on player sales is a global figure where one class is netted off against the other to give the overall amount. Contract cancellations also count as disposals,and I wouldn't have a clue what value to place on the Camara loss as I don't know the value of his undisclosed fee when he joined,and I don't know the amortisation to date.

As there are likely to be several outgoings,working out the profit on Hughes will be impossible.

Archived