Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watford fans seem to be enjoying this deal: a couple comments from their forum:

"Sign him for £5mil and wipe off the rest of the money they owe us for Vydra and Anya. If they are still upset, put in a 5-10% sell on clause. If we sell him for £30mil one day at least they get £1.5-£3mil, that's a lot for tinpot club like them."

"Derby are our Bitches, sell them the dross and buy the family jewels at Del Boy prices."

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Dude, I like him prob more than you do, but there isn't a hint from Rowett that he will play him. Not a sniff at the end of last season. It was Pearson that liked him a lot. Until GR indicates he even knows who Elsnik is, youre just winding ppl up. 

Plus he's different: he's more of a kris commons type than a Hughes type too.

Ok I'll say it again for the record I would like Will Hughes to stay at Derby but who will go because others are not wanted by other teams to fund team changes. 

Dude, I like him prob more than you do, but there isn't a hint from Rowett that he will play him. Not a sniff at the end of last season. It was Pearson that liked him a lot. Until GR indicates he even knows who Elsnik is, youre just winding ppl up. 

To be fair, he was one of the players that Rowett mentioned he wanted to play at the end of the season, but unfortunately he was injured. I've only heard good things about Elsnik and I would love to see him feature next season but I think Curtains is being a bit naive.

By the way, aren't you winding people up by saying Zanzala will score more than Martin next season when GR has barely said anything about him?

Just now, Ninos said:

"Sign him for £5mil and wipe off the rest of the money they owe us for Vydra and Anya. If they are still upset, put in a 5-10% sell on clause. If we sell him for £30mil one day at least they get £1.5-£3mil, that's a lot for tinpot club like them."

"Derby are our Bitches, sell them the dross and buy the family jewels at Del Boy prices."

.....Nigel Pearson........

Agree with all that, Mel has put this club back several years

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Be interesting actually if this move suggests we may be defaulting to 4-2-3-1 rather than 4-3-3?

Might mean more potential for Bennett and Elsnik to break through since they'd suit working in a 3 pronged attacking midfield rather than one of the wide men?

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

Also many more that think they are overpaying and he's overrated, was reading earlier and was a little surprised to be honest.

Don't quite understand the tinpotness being thrown by both sides, they seem quite upset by it over there

Just now, CumbrianRam said:

Agree with all that, Mel has put this club back several years

I would probably agree with you if you look at the results on the pitch. However, we've definitely become a more attractive proposition to players in terms of money and facilities since he's arrived. I think he's got the structure set up perfectly for the Premier League if we ever get there.

All these comments about a£4.5m rising to £7m.Has it occurred to anyone that we still owe money for Vydra/Anya? I suspect that will be cleared with this move and result in the fee being more like £10-£11m.Not happy about him going but that's the price we pay for crap previous recruitment.Bring in 2/3 new signings to improve the squad and we'll be fine.It's not about individuals,it's about the team.

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

I would probably agree with you if you look at the results on the pitch. However, we've definitely become a more attractive proposition to players in terms of money and facilities since he's arrived. I think he's got the structure set up perfectly for the Premier League if we ever get there.

Big IF at the moment, can have great facilities but if we can't manage the squad correctly it will never happen

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

They have idiots on forums just like we do

8 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

If we are comparing to Johnson  how about being able to receive the ball and actually find a teammate with a pass.

Not comparing him to Johnson. All i said was Johnson had a better season than Hughes. Johnson was not brilliant by any stretch so what does that make of Hughes's contribution?

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

That really stings. Our club is 'tinpot' they haven't ever won a trophy. Pretty sure they are the tinpot ones.

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

It means nothing if you get rid of the wrong players and buy the wrong players. You're right, he has made us a more attractive outfit, with our ability to pay ridiculous wages.

That's part of the problem. We've been sucked into the game of paying inflated wages for players who are quite frankly, not good enough and with little scope for improvement. 

Give me the Nigel Clough/GSE days over this any day.

1 minute ago, DazzaRam said:

Not comparing him to Johnson. All i said was Johnson had a better season than Hughes. Johnson was not brilliant by any stretch so what does that make of Hughes's contribution?

I'd say claiming Johnson had a better season than Hughes is highly debatable. In fact one of the reasons I think that Hughes and Butterfield had below par seasons is because they had to drop deep a lot to hold Johnsons hand in getting attacks going. Meaning they couldn't take up attacking positions to really harm opposition.

As much as I'll be saddened to see Hughes go, this isn't the end of the world. I'm fed up of having nothing to do on Saturday afternoons, so nothing will dampen my excitement for the 4th August to arrive. I bloody love Derby County and life won't be the same until the season starts again with those feelings of hope and dreams of glory, with or without Will Hughes.

Archived