Nick Blackman/Harry Redknapp

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Could old Arry be our chance of getting shot of Blackman?

At the end of Redknapps time with us he was asked to provide his thoughts on our squad and players, he had said that Nick Blackman was the most gifted player we had on the training ground.

For the love of God, could Harry try and sign him, he can have him for peanuts.

That's because 18 other gifted players were at pride park playing with the others watching leaving Blackman at the training ground????

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

That's all well and good but you make out like he's never kicked a ball for us. It's not like he's an unknown entity, he's had some game time an he's been generally well below par. 

This "he's not been given a chance" line is an absolute myth. A club like ours sets out to battle for automatic promotion, you can't just give players 10-15 games to hope they come good. If you get handed a start or a 20 minute you've got to make an impact to warrant your place. If you don't you're not going to get picked for the next game, can't afford any passangers. Especially as NB is a "striker" if you're not scoring you're offering nothing to the team.

In comparison with some, he hasn't hardly had a kick, yet he's the one deemed the problem? Madness IMO.

As with the Chris Martin/goals argument I don't think it's as black and white as you're a rubbish striker because you've not scored. Sure, he's had chances he could have done better with but who hasn't. He didn't hit the ground running but I don't think you can expect that of players sometimes, especially moving half way through a season and the manager he signed for leaving a month later. Not the best circumstances really.

As I've said before, I don't think he's the best thing since sliced bread, nor do I go overboard on wanting him out. If GR manages to offload him and raise some funds for players he wants, great. If not then let's see what he can do. 

2 hours ago, cannable said:

Redknapp's not the only one who rates him as our best player. Just about ever player has said that he's the best player in training. 

May we already have Ince's replacement? Perhaps even an improvement? 

Football works in mysterious ways. 

How bad does Ince look you use him incorrectly? How bad does BJ look in a footballing side? How bad does Shacks look when you ask him to play it out? 

Free role, right-wing. Never played there once for us. Never had a chance. 

There is something in this,in that Ince plays his position so NB hasn't had much of a chance and if we sell Ince (please no) then I would give NB his chance.

I do remember him playing right wing v Sheff utd pre season and some of the Barnsley away game,it certainly didn't work with Benty or Martin in those games.

29 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I know we are Rams but we do tend to have a terrible sheep like mentality. Once one or two, lets say strong personalities, decide something, like Blackman is no good, then it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy...

If only someone, say like Blackman, could prove us sheep wrong!

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sorry edited post - why not because he'd play instead of someone else. Who? He's had chance and showed very little.

I don't think a manager's going to pick a player solely because the fans support him, to be fair…

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That twitter account makes Alan Nixon look like Nostradamus so I wouldn't get too excited.

What does Nostradamus look like?

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I know we are Rams but we do tend to have a terrible sheep like mentality. Once one or two, lets say strong personalities, decide something, like Blackman is no good, then it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy. Everyone runs to the same side of the field. Give the guy a chance!

Blackman is world class. We should only sell if Barcelona offer £30m or Andre Gomes.

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Could old Arry be our chance of getting shot of Blackman?

At the end of Redknapps time with us he was asked to provide his thoughts on our squad and players, he had said that Nick Blackman was the most gifted player we had on the training ground.

For the love of God, could Harry try and sign him, he can have him for peanuts.

If there was a money back guarantee on unsatisfactory purchases made by DCFC, Mel Morris could afford a yacht just like Sir Philip Greens.

Watch this and tell me he isn't talented, most of these goals were the reason we signed him. 11 goals in the first 25 games of the season, when we signed him from Reading is no fluke. Who else in our squad, but Ince is capable of the goals seen in this video?

Yes, I think we overpaid. But that isn't Blackman's fault...post Clement he has started just 3 games in the league for us! Fair crack of the whip?

30 games in total for the club, under 6 managers in a season and a half! Unfortunate with injuries this season, as I suspect he would have done quite well. Also didn't we sign him as a striker? Think we have seen him once or twice up top for us... Blackman one of the biggest victims of our chopping and changing

Just a few of his recent tweets, looks like a man who has a point to prove..which could be fantastic for us next season. Rather have someone like him at 27 with his best years still ahead, than someone like Bent who has little to prove...we need hungry players. 

I do think there might be a player in there somewhere. Clement saw it when he worked with him as a youth. He had a patch at Reading. Spent most of this season injured.

I'd love to believe that Rowett could get it out of him, but if Rowett wants a leaner meaner squad, there simply might not be a berth for him (especially on £28k/wk).

I don't want to be overly harsh on him, but I just can't see him coming good. I could see Vydra coming good, I could see Anya and Camara doing useful jobs in Rowett's sides, but I just can't quite see it being him. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Thing with Blackman, it is clear to see he has some natural talent. Much more talented than Anya for e.g. but he is a workhorse..same with Russell.

Also Harry Redknapp, not a bad judge of a player to be fair..

Saw an article with Jason Roberts saying how talented Blackman is, couldn't find the article just now but whilst looking for it stumbled across this tweet.

Clearly a good player in there, I feel with a point to prove next season he could be a big part of things..especially if the rumours of Ince going come to fruition.

The vitriol that Blackman is subject to is disgraceful. Once again, the worst side of Derby fans is shown when they label him the worst footballer in existence when he's barely played in either of his best positions (on the right or through the middle). That's not even including the flashes we've seen of his first touch and long-range shooting ability, as well as the constant reminder that he's the best trainer in the squad.

I have no problem with Rowett getting rid to trim the wage bill, but part of me would be disappointed if he isn't given the chance to prove those narrow-minded doubters wrong.

Archived