Nick Blackman/Harry Redknapp

Could old Arry be our chance of getting shot of Blackman?

At the end of Redknapps time with us he was asked to provide his thoughts on our squad and players, he had said that Nick Blackman was the most gifted player we had on the training ground.

For the love of God, could Harry try and sign him, he can have him for peanuts.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Could old Arry be our chance of getting shot of Blackman?

At the end of Redknapps time with us he was asked to provide his thoughts on our squad and players, he had said that Nick Blackman was the most gifted player we had on the training ground.

For the love of God, could Harry try and sign him, he can have him for peanuts.

If that's true, then why not give him a chance to show it, rather than sell him? 

7 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I find the vitriol towards him quite odd. 

We can keep pretending he's the problem though! Boooo. 

Not 'the' problem, but certainly 'a' problem.

We paid 3 million for him and currently pay circa 28k a week to him.

The quicker we can get shot of him the better.

Plus, with me starting a thread like this, there is an increased chance that Rowett will get the best out of him, he will score 20 goals next season and I'll took a right tit, a happy tit, but a tit none the less.

The type of player we will sell and he will score 20 goals, we keep and he couldn't hit a barn door. I think us fans have been unfair to him, he was pushed out wide in an unfavourable position, id personally keep him for pre season try him as a striker if he doesn't impress move him on.

He clearly has talent, he could well be a confidence type player that needs continuous games to allow him to flourish, we have had many a great player took time to settle, the money spent puts more pressure on the need for success and it can show in our fanbase.

49 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Not 'the' problem, but certainly 'a' problem.

We paid 3 million for him and currently pay circa 28k a week to him.

The quicker we can get shot of him the better.

Plus, with me starting a thread like this, there is an increased chance that Rowett will get the best out of him, he will score 20 goals next season and I'll took a right tit, a happy tit, but a tit none the less.

It's a financial problem (That we only have ourselves to blame for). Is it a financial problem if we actually play him and he takes his chance though? Probably not. 

No hiding from the fact we overpaid in both transfer fee and contract but that's down to our own ridiculous doings. I don't really mind either way if he stays or goes, I've no connection with him at all. I could say that about most players here though, players who have been given chance after chance and have once again fallen short of the mark. 

I just don't get the "get him out ASAP" mentality as if he's some bad influence wrecking the good work whats going on both on and off the pitch. 

7 minutes ago, YouRams said:

The type of player we will sell and he will score 20 goals, 

never scored more than 11 and only got 18 in over 100 games for Reading, so think we are safe on that

However what price the winner against us :blink:

10 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

never scored more than 11 and only got 18 in over 100 games for Reading, so think we are safe on that

However what price the winner against us :blink:

I know we signed him during a purple patch for Reading but I remember watching him during highlights thinking he's a decent player. Must be one of the modern day needs an arm round him confidence players.

I bet Norwich thought they were safe with Martins record just got that feeling he will be one that will come back and bite. Might be as you say just a winner against us.

Archived