three girls

dog

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's important that this program was made, but I'm still trying to decide whether to watch it. I don't doubt the quality, but the content will likely depress, frustrate, and enrage me. I'm still astonished that the BBC found the stones to commission this. It's extremely brave of the girls and their families to endorse and assist with the program.

It's good that these things are coming out and are brilliantly acted. Just finished Little Boy Blue and watched the one about the Mum when her Daughter went missing and she was behind it.

It's going to put flames in the fire behind the people who have done these crimes for more hate but they deserve it anyway. 

I found it a very daring, yet well balanced story of this atrocity.  If anything, I felt more angry towards the police and child care authorities for turning a blind eye, and treating these impoverished kids like scummy little tarts who had it coming.  A lot of people find it trendy to bash the BBC for overt political correctness these days, but they've shown balls in commissioning this show.  Some will be pleased to know that I've read reviews stating that it also doesn't shy away from the racial aspects of the case in the following episodes.  If the standard continues over the next two nights, I can see this being looked back on in years to come as vital & important drama.

Interesting fact - Molly Windsor who plays Holly is from Breaston.

5 minutes ago, Gritters said:

What I can't understand with this 3 Girls is when one of the girls dad found out what was happening why didn't he go straight round to the kebab shop with a long bar and batter the bast Ards.

He was talked down to, and made to feel small by his 14 year old daughter, not exactly the type to go charging into takeaways swinging.  

I know for a fact that I would act if I found that members of the community in which I live or even members of my family were involved in anything like these grooming gangs, I would not protect them or deny that it was happening and I definitely wouldn't be joining in with any of it and I believe the majority of the people living around me would fell the same way.

This remains a shocking story both from the behaviour of the perpetrators and the ignorance of those whose jobs are to protect the victims. 

Girls who swear and sneer are written off as lower class low lifes. Their distrust of authority makes them unpopular in the eyes of the police and the courts. This is exploited  by abusers  

The programme is hard but important to watch. Forget the religion and ethnicity. At its heart, this is about protecting our children against exploitation of all types.

If you haven't watched it already, please do.

It seems that some of the local Labour representatives in Rochdale stood up in court and gave some of these rapists a character statement to try and help them get off. One is an ex mayor and one, Aftab Hussain is still a serving Councillor!  

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

It seems that some of the local Labour representatives in Rochdale stood up in court and gave some of these rapists a character statement to try and help them get off. One is an ex mayor and one, Aftab Hussain is still a serving Councillor!  

That's the trouble with local politics, it's often a cabal of self interest at that level, with councillors enriching/protecting their friends.

In areas with little local opposition, it often becomes a cosy club of backscratchers looking out for each other.

On 19/05/2017 at 10:10, Malagaram said:

And now it is happening in your own back yard,just been reading Derby Telegraph online and there is a report that 10 men have been arrested in Derby for grooming.

There's been cases in derby before it's not new. 

These animals are part of a failure in our society, we're forced fed to accept enough is enough, hang the ******** ! 

My wife made me watch this, didn't really want to given the subject matter.

I'm so glad I did, truly landmark television that made me question how on earth this could possibly happen.

Very troubling too, the fact that in the aftermath of the court case the reaction of the authorities was still to close down and cover up, even shifting the blame onto those who did most to bring the abuse to light.

Shamefully, I realised while watching that the attitude displayed to the victims by the authorities wasn't a million miles away from my own views towards such kinds of girls, and I'd lost sight of the fact that first and foremost these were children, and in no way to blame for the abuse that they suffered.

I've always seen myself as a tolerant, reasonable and socially conscious individual, this programme has made me aware that I'm far from it.

We should be outraged at the police for not investigating these dirty bstards. We should demand that money is spent on ensuring care homes and children at risk are protected instead of cutting corporation tax and allowing tax avoidance to be more important.

I really wish people would get angry about the important stuff instead of worrying about the rich so much.

The strength of feeling on this site serves to show how important this programme was.

One of the advantages of living in a fairly liberal society is being able to discuss the issues openly  (albeit with occasional abuse!).

Archived