Next Season Predictions

Amington Ram

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Amington Ram said:

Let's forget this season. 

Lets start predictions for 2017-2018

Derby top two finish. You heard it here first.

I'll let you know on 5th May 2018. 

40 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

I'll go for play offs.

The but being, If we at any point after November 1st, look like missing the play offs, Rowett to be replaced by the next up and coming Manager, (out of work or otherwise).

pfffft... half fan. Champions or nothing. Sack Rowett if we haven't won the league 10 games in.

I feel boro and either Swansea or hull will be better than us. Sunderland if they sack moyes. Norwich and villa plus at least 2 of the failed play off teams. That's without any surprises such as Huddersfield. So bout 8 th. It's the season after i feel we can push on. Lots of the contracts will have run out by then and the rebuild will be well underway 

14 hours ago, plymouthram said:

A bit early to predict, but I will say we will finish above Birmingham, Burton and possibly Forest, if they stay up this season.

Going for broke then. And I'm not sure about Birmingham with Rednapp/Cotterill in charge. 

Comfortably top half, to possibly flirt with the playoffs, score at least 20 more goals than this season and to do the double over our local rivals Burton Albion.

I think we will be top 2.

There's not a lot wrong with our squad; I'm assuming we'll have GT & CF back and of course the Wardrobe. I think we'll set the League alight and batter a lot of Teams. Bryson will score 15 goals from midfield. And with CM back Johnny Russell will bag double figures. 

I don't see us challenging for top 2.

Think Villa and one of the relegated teams will take them places.

I see us being on the edge of the play offs.

Of course it's hard to predict and to be honest I'm more interested in what style of play we go for.

25 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

Difficult to know with another two managers coming in before the end of next season.

Just predicting. Actually, it's a decent bet.

Yep, it's really impossible to call when we don't even know who the 24 teams will be next season, let alone who will strengthen and do some good business in the transfer market.

For what it's worth, we're joint second favourites to win the league next season out of the teams which are guaranteed to be in the Championship next season. We're 12/1 with a few other teams, Villa are 7/1. Not sure who would be betting on this yet though. Stick a fiver on it and we probably go up to favourites.

I predict there will be another couple of these threads before the season even starts. As long as it's more interesting to watch than the last 2 seasons and it's not all boom and bust I will be happy. An improvement on our league position this year will be a bonus

Archived