Financial Results 2015/2016

PodgeyRam

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

£10m, that is £192k per week!

Which players would you like to see offloaded that you think amount to this wage bill?

And let's not forget that we need a willing buyer and the players are not likely to want to take a big pay cut if on a decent contract.

I remember part of 'The Derby Way' vision being adding value to players. Ince, Hughes and Keofh aside I don't think we would make profit on any of our players. If we reach the stage where simply have to sell our best players to subsidise overpaid average players then questions would need to be asked!

Bent, Weimann, Blackman, Olsson or Forsyth, Johnson and Shackell. 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Swap Butterfield for Johnson and you've got a deal. Don't forget Camara and Hanson.

Possibly. He's got a tough job. Seems like he wants to play just two in the middle, occasionally a three. Which means departures. He won't base it on the now though. He'll be questioning how many games our midfielders would likely feature in and will they be effective up until the last minute of next season. I agree about Canara but think he will want to work with Hansen. 

If he is to play this forward setup we have many options. Martin or Nugent up top and a long list who can play behind. Nugent, Vydra, Russell, Ince, Bennett. If he can get one of Nugent, Vydra or Bennett to be effective out wide when required i don't see him bringing anyone in here permanently, just a loan. 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Hi ramblur, hope you are well. Thank you for the time and effort you put into these summaries to help us folk that don't really understand the accounts fully.

Thanks for your kind words,rynny. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll never be anything approaching well again,just lighter shades of unwell to look forward to.Already absolutely dreading next winter as I'm in my declining years and things are only likely to get worse.However,re-energised by Gary's appointment -during the first half at Elland Road I was so angry I very nearly threw a mug at the screen.In all my years watching the Rams,I can't ever remember being that angry. I started watching in the Tim Ward era (although I did catch the back end of Storer -sounds a bit rude!) and although we weren't particularly good,they always gave me the impression that they were doing their best.

43 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Bent, Weimann, Blackman, Olsson or Forsyth, Johnson and Shackell. 

Bent - last year of contract so that is in our hands. Think he will still score goals at this level and may be better suited to Rowett style of play. I'm with you and would let him go.

Weimann - appears Wolves are keen to sign him so guess we have the option. Once again another player who might thrive under a different style of football, just as Vydra appears to.

Blackman - stuck with him I fear. Supposedly high wages and long contract, so see no willing buyer or leaver here.

Forsyth / Olsson - a few weeks ago I would have agreed with Olsson but he seems to have got his act together. Are Forsyth/Lowe reliable enough to have rid of Olsson?

Johnson - I don't see any willing buyer due to price/wages

Shackell - As above but with age to factor into the equation.

Really don't see the suggestions saving us £10m a year.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Good to see you back @ramblur, even if it is just a fleeting visit, think a lot of us have been worried about you!

Thanks G STAR. I suppose I should log in from time to time,even if not posting,to let everyone know I'm still around.The only reason I've not done this in the past is that I was afraid some might see me logged in and start asking me questions,either in posts or by PM,that I simply wouldn't be well enough to answer promptly.I often get up only to be quickly forced back to bed again. However,I obviously need to have a rethink.

Just now, ramblur said:

Thanks G STAR. I suppose I should log in from time to time,even if not posting,to let everyone know I'm still around.The only reason I've not done this in the past is that I was afraid some might see me logged in and start asking me questions,either in posts or by PM,that I simply wouldn't be well enough to answer promptly.I often get up only to be quickly forced back to bed again. However,I obviously need to have a rethink.

You have my e-mail address I think so if there is anything you want posting up without the hassle, let me know.

Likewise, if you see me post anything you think is wrong but don't want to get bogged down on here, let me know via e-mail.

Know we have had our disagreements but we both want the same thing.

HOPE EVERYONE READ @ramblurPOST AND WILL LET HIM POST/VIEW IN PEACE AND TRY NOT TO BOMBARD HIM!

18 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Thanks for your kind words,rynny. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll never be anything approaching well again,just lighter shades of unwell to look forward to.Already absolutely dreading next winter as I'm in my declining years and things are only likely to get worse.However,re-energised by Gary's appointment -during the first half at Elland Road I was so angry I very nearly threw a mug at the screen.In all my years watching the Rams,I can't ever remember being that angry. I started watching in the Tim Ward era (although I did catch the back end of Storer -sounds a bit rude!) and although we weren't particularly good,they always gave me the impression that they were doing their best.

Effort is all we fans want as a minimum, and most fans can deal with what happens as long as the effort is there.

On your other post about pm's, @David can turn them off for you, if you wish. Helps to stop any bombardment you may receive, if you only wish to come on to have a read.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Weimann - appears Wolves are keen to sign him so guess we have the option. Once again another player who might thrive under a different style of football, just as Vydra appears to.

I could see Weimann doing well next season if we're to go down the interchangeable three playing off Martin route.

He was never going to work as a winger for us. He's not positionally intelligent and poor technically.

However, he appeared to link up well with Martin whenever he played and having seen how we were breaking away on Friday you can imagine how his pace, energy and movement would fit into that. 

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bent - last year of contract so that is in our hands. Think he will still score goals at this level and may be better suited to Rowett style of play. I'm with you and would let him go.

Blackman - stuck with him I fear. Supposedly high wages and long contract, so see no willing buyer or leaver here.

Forsyth / Olsson - a few weeks ago I would have agreed with Olsson but he seems to have got his act together. Are Forsyth/Lowe reliable enough to have rid of Olsson?

Johnson - I don't see any willing buyer due to price/wages

Shackell - As above but with age to factor into the equation.

Really don't see the suggestions saving us £10m a year.

Just because someone was bought for £6m doesn't mean we can't sell for just £1- 2 million. Just because someone is on X amount doesn't mean they won't go elsewhere and earn 2/3 of X. I just hope our negotiators are not as defeatist. 

7 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Just because someone was bought for £6m doesn't mean we can't sell for just £1- 2 million. Just because someone is on X amount doesn't mean they won't go elsewhere and earn 2/3 of X. I just hope our negotiators are not as defeatist. 

Isn't a willingness to take a big loss being defeatist?

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Isn't a willingness to take a big loss being defeatist?

The biggest loss is holding on to a player who you don't want or is not doing enough. You can't always come out on top. A transfer fee is just part of the investment in a player. If we are going to play just two in the middle then we have too many midfielder's. Holding on to some because of how much we have invested in them is senseless. 

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I know he's been injured a lot this season, but nick Blackman might have a look at it and figure playing is better than not and want a move to revive his career.

We'd probably be more able to sell him if he didn't play tbh!

Would N.I payments be included in the wages or elsewhere? If its included, then you're looking at £29m wage bill in our squad.

Weimann - £20k
Camara - £10k
Bent - £35k
Butterfield - £25k
Olsson - £10k
Christie - £10k
Pearce - £15k
De Sart - £5k contribution
Blackman - £30k

There is £160k of the wage bill however there has to be takers and some of them will not earn the money they get at Derby elsewhere. All guesses as well.

1 hour ago, David said:

To be fair that's pretty recent, 6 months ago. Was thinking more of whilst we was making all the signings in that summer, hindsight shows us that an awful lot was wasted 

I would not for 1 minute thought that the signings we made would have added £10m a year to the wage bill!

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would not for 1 minute thought that the signings we made would have added £10m a year to the wage bill!

Really? I'm surprised it's that low to be honest! All it would have taken is 10 players on an average of £20,000 a week! 

Archived