Financial Results 2015/2016

PodgeyRam

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

The quality of the squad will improve with a fully fit George Thorne, a rejuvenated Chris Martin and just playing Will Hughes.

I would suggest we don't need to spend a penny. If we can get one or two off the wage bill while getting those we've got to perform to anywhere near their capability in a system that suits them we'll be raite.

You forgot to mention Fozzy? 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

Bit more than that,

New contracts for Keogh, Martin and Hughes.

Vydra, Anya, Nugent in and Wilson, De Sart loans

Hendrick, Grant, Albentosa, Shotton, Warnock, Buxton, Sammon, McDonald, Calero, Thomas, Morch gone

Martin, Weimann, Hanson, Rawson out on loan

Don't forget the pay-offs for Pearson, McClaren, Powell, Zuberbuhler, Idiakez, Evans and the signing fees for Rowett and hi backroom staff.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Bit more than that,

New contracts for Keogh, Martin and Hughes.

Vydra, Anya, Nugent, McAllister in and Wilson, De Sart loans

Hendrick, Grant, Albentosa, Shotton, Warnock, Buxton, Sammon, McDonald, Calero, Thomas, Morch gone

Martin, Weimann, Hanson, Rawson out on loan

Thanks that makes it a lot more manageable I'd say and also even now the possibility of 6 Million more for Martin although I'm informed by fellow Derby fans that Martin will be back at Derby . 

Vernam and Guy on loan as well. 

Josh Lelan also has gone to Crawley hasn't he ! 

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The quality of the squad will improve with a fully fit George Thorne, a rejuvenated Chris Martin and just playing Will Hughes.

I would suggest we don't need to spend a penny. If we can get one or two off the wage bill while getting those we've got to perform to anywhere near their capability in a system that suits them we'll be raite.

Decent post, getting wages on the pitch will help undoubtedly.

But, while i love GT, i think it would be foolish to rely on him, he's just never proved he can stay fit for long enough.

Not his fault, but I'd see anything he adds as a bonus, rather than an expectation.

1 minute ago, PodgeyRam said:

Don't forget the pay-offs for Pearson, McClaren, Powell, Zuberbuhler, Idiakez, Evans and the signing fees for Rowett and hi backroom staff.

Not forgot, was posting with the current wage bill in mind

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Decent post, getting wages on the pitch will help undoubtedly.

But, while i love GT, i think it would be foolish to rely on him, he's just never proved he can stay fit for long enough.

Not his fault, but I'd see anything he adds as a bonus, rather than an expectation.

Well that's where we differ.

I've not cancelled the play off final mini bus yet!

21 minutes ago, David said:

Not forgot, was posting with the current wage bill in mind

Ah, I see. 

Paying up their contracts or putting them on gardening leave will be a big mark on the balance sheets I imagine. It wouldn't surprise me if the total value of Pearson's three year contract went up to seven figures.

A number of permanent player signings were made during the transfer windows of summer 2015 and January 2016, which boosted balance sheet intangible assets from £7.5m to £33.5m. Wages increased in the year to £32m from £21.8m....

Love how they try to spin player recruitment as a good thing. Spending 30million in fees plus increasing a wage bill by 50% on a squad only to make it worse is frankly terrible.

The ffp headroom is stated at  £4m.

The ffp loss is a bit different to the reported loss. I assume that perhaps items like paying up managers contracts isn't counted towards ffp results. 

But with 33 m of player assets booked,  wouldn't take much of a hit on sale to bring us close to the threshold. Which might limit our capacity to move players on at a loss.

They do balance over a few seasons and even though we bought Vydra and Anya in the summer we sold Hendricks and loaned Martin so that figure will also balance over. Conceivably there's still a good 10 million you could spend and be fine as not all goes against ffp in year one. 

Interesting that ffp allowable losses went from £6m to £13m

we could be facing some big future losses due to depreciation of the playing assets combined with a thumping wage bill. 

I think Mel could come up with something like Green Shield Stamps, but the Rams version, where

you can buy set amounts ie, 20, 50 and 100 Pds when you purchase tickets, or merchandise from

the store, could be used like gift certificates  etc.. But if you hang onto them until we are promated

then you get interest on them, eh!!!!!!!!!!    :whistle:

Does it make me a half fan because I don't worry about these things? I think the money in football is obscene now, while everyone in the stands is working their way through 'austerity' those on the pitch are buying another Aston Martin to clutter up their garage. Best not think too deeply into it. 

7 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Ah, I see. 

Paying up their contracts or putting them on gardening leave will be a big mark on the balance sheets I imagine. It wouldn't surprise me if the total value of Pearson's three year contract went up to seven figures.

Not a chance.

I think this would have to be stated in the accounts as a 'post balance sheet event'.

As DET have not referred to it I am guessing it is not.

Let's not forget that Derby were probably going to dismiss him for gross misconduct but the action was mysteriously dropped, which to me would indicate a settlement was reached.

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

A number of permanent player signings were made during the transfer windows of summer 2015 and January 2016, which boosted balance sheet intangible assets from £7.5m to £33.5m. Wages increased in the year to £32m from £21.8m....

Love how they try to spin player recruitment as a good thing. Spending 30million in fees plus increasing a wage bill by 50% on a squad only to make it worse is frankly terrible.

How is that trying to spin it?

Are they not just reporting the figures from the accounts?

8 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

£32m in wages - that's quite breathtaking.

That'll be for the entire club, so maybe £2m for the off-field staff and £1m for junior players. 

You also need to remember that this period included the sacking of McClaren and his staff, and Clement and his staff... All of whom  would have been paid off. It also included appointment of Pearson in may last year, so would included any signing bonus for him and his staff. 

If you believe the tabloid press Clement was supposed to be on over 1mill a year alone. 

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

You also need to remember that this period included the sacking of McClaren and his staff, and Clement and his staff... All of whom  would have been paid off. It also included appointment of Pearson in may last year, so would included any signing bonus for him and his staff. 

If you believe the tabloid press Clement was supposed to be on over 1mill a year alone. 

Clement was reported at 2.7 million which i never beleived.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Clement was reported at 2.7 million which i never beleived.

Judging by the wage bill I'd imagine it's actually not far off the mark

Archived