Financial Results 2015/2016

PodgeyRam

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Looking at the other thread it would probably be better for FFP purposes if we let @RamsPollscarry out the revaluations!

If you thought IlsonRam gave much more realistic valuations in that thread,then you must surely think our balance sheet heavily undervalues the players we've paid fees for!

32 minutes ago, ramblur said:

In a highly inflated market,I think you might be surprised at how much our squad might fetch.

When I get home later going to do my own little valuation exercise, I can't knock other peoples valuations without doing it myself!

21 minutes ago, ramblur said:

If you thought IlsonRam gave much more realistic valuations in that thread,then you must surely think our balance sheet heavily undervalues the players we've paid fees for!

Apologies to @IlsonDerby for getting your name wrong

Might be just me but I'm wondering if we fellow number crunchers are falling into the classic accountants error here  of  "can't see the wood for the trees" and failing to see the big picture, debating about obscure accounting details and irrelevant definitions of bland accounting terms . The Financial Statements just show some details of what happened at the minimum  one or two years ago. What we are interested in is their pertinence to what is likely to happen in the future. 

It was really interesting to hear today how the owner of Reading is saying that its just too expensive to run a football team and she wants out.

You do have to wonder at what point Mel gets to this conclusion. Its all very well investing in millions and millions in 'back office' stuff (and I would include all the training facilities and academy support in that) . But the sheer ongoing costs of supporting this ever-growing overhead are mind-boggling and surely unsustainable. 

Gary Rowett comes in (thank the lord) and he brings in with him an army of lieutenants. The previous army of lieutenants needs to be dispensed with.

It still leaves an astonishing number of what I would call (excuse the modern parlance) of "none value-adding overhead".

The only "KPI" that matters in this business is success on the pitch. Everything else is an irrelevance. Unless those investments in overheads directly lead to an improvement in performance on the pitch in a relatively short period of time, they are wasted. And will not recur for long.

8 hours ago, SaintRam said:

transfermarkt is a good benchmark.

But it doesn't really take inflated markets into account (rightly so, but when weighing up value vs what we can get for players its an important factor to take into consideration).

It also massively undervalues youth.

And massively overvalues Blackman

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Give the lad a chance next season. I will put my neck on the line and say he could do the same job Nugent does.

People said that this season. Hopefully Blackman will be gone in the summer. 

33 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Give the lad a chance next season. I will put my neck on the line and say he could do the same job Nugent does.

Are you seriously talking about Blackman? What have we seen from him that gives you that idea? What have we seen Nuge do that you think Blackman could do - IMO the answer to that is nothing!

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Are you seriously talking about Blackman? What have we seen from him that gives you that idea? What have we seen Nuge do that you think Blackman could do - IMO the answer to that is nothing!

Yes I am serious Roy. I have seen only glimpses for us its true. But if directed to play in the Nugent role I think he has all the attributes. If he can develop/be directed to show the energy that is required then we may just have a player on our hands. 

10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I am sorry but I have seen nothing from a good footballer point of view to give me any hope that Blackman can even expect time on the pitch next season in fact all he seems to have is a damm good contract

Archived