Financial Results 2015/2016

PodgeyRam

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

@Diag Ram any thoughts on the compensation to key management?

So it looks Rush has been paid £195k (note I can't be certain of that), leaving £88k for the remaining however many number. Key management are those considered to have a significant say in the direction of the company, and note 4 says that is "members of senior management." Note 22 states that GSE charged £26k in relation to management and consultancy services, so I presume that some of that remaining £88k is that, leaving the rest probably for one other member of senior management? 

It's a big drop isn't it from the prior year- I guess if you think about the structure of the club under GSE and under Morris- GSE were based overseas, and probably had their own senior management team looking after their investment. Morris is more hands-on and probably doesn't feel the need to employ a similar team. Of course, I'm speculating here.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Which players left us (either sold or contract expired) between 1 July 2015 and 30 June 2016?

Or could someone point me in the direction of a site to get this information please?

John Eustace 01 Jul, 2015

Lee Naylor 01 Jul, 2015

Jamie Ward Nottm Forest Free 02 Jul, 2015

Mark O'Brien Luton Free 09 Jul, 2015

Conor Doyle 01 Aug, 2015

Luke Hendrie Burnley Free 06 Aug, 2015

Zak Whitbread Shrewsbury Free 16 Oct, 2015

Simon Dawkins San Jose Signed 06 Jan, 2016

Isak Ssewankambo Molde Undisc. 03 Mar, 2016

Conor Sammon Hearts Free 14 Jun, 2016

+ a bunch of youth/academy team non-renewals.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=747&teamTabs=transfers

1 minute ago, Diag Ram said:

So it looks Rush has been paid £195k (note I can't be certain of that), leaving £88k for the remaining however many number. Key management are those considered to have a significant say in the direction of the company, and note 4 says that is "members of senior management." Note 22 states that GSE charged £26k in relation to management and consultancy services, so I presume that some of that remaining £88k is that, leaving the rest probably for one other member of senior management? 

It's a big drop isn't it from the prior year- I guess if you think about the structure of the club under GSE and under Morris- GSE were based overseas, and probably had their own senior management team looking after their investment. Morris is more hands-on and probably doesn't feel the need to employ a similar team. Of course, I'm speculating here.

I am talking about the compensation here? 

Previous year I assumed to be the pay off of NC and his backroom staff?

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Lee Naylor 01 Jul, 2015

Conor Doyle 01 Aug, 2015

Wow, the cost of them players was nearly £4m!

When did Sean Barker run out of contract?

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

26 August, according to the same site - however, this looks to align with when Burton signed him, I'd suggest his contract ran out June 30/July 1. He doesn't figure anywhere on the DCFC retained list for season end 2015/16..

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-confirm-end-of-season-retained-list-3120086.aspx

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

At the end of a contract a player is worth £0 as they can leave for free.

True. Maybe what the policy is then that the value is assessed at the end of each year (ie instead of saying a player is worth 75% of his transfer fee three years into a four year contract, he's worth say 80%, then it drops to 60% next year, then 40, then amortises a lot quicker in the last year).

16 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Lee Naylor 01 Jul, 2015

Conor Doyle 01 Aug, 2015

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Soccerbase aren't very good for transfers

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I am talking about the compensation here? 

Previous year I assumed to be the pay off of NC and his backroom staff?

The terminology used is a little confusing (but blame the accounting standards people for that!)- compensation does not mean compensation for losing your job, it means actual remuneration (essentially compensation for your time and effort, ie your pay)- key management remuneration/compensation is a new requirement of the new accounting standards. So the £283k in 2016 includes the £195k directors rem in note 5 (and correspondingly the £829k in 2015 includes the £450k).

5 minutes ago, Diag Ram said:

True. Maybe what the policy is then that the value is assessed at the end of each year (ie instead of saying a player is worth 75% of his transfer fee three years into a four year contract, he's worth say 80%, then it drops to 60% next year, then 40, then amortises a lot quicker in the last year).

Yes that seems to be what the note on amortisation says 

5 minutes ago, Diag Ram said:

The terminology used is a little confusing (but blame the accounting standards people for that!)- compensation does not mean compensation for losing your job, it means actual remuneration (essentially compensation for your time and effort, ie your pay)- key management remuneration/compensation is a new requirement of the new accounting standards. So the £283k in 2016 includes the £195k directors rem in note 5 (and correspondingly the £829k in 2015 includes the £450k).

Shows how out of touch I am. Had it in my head that the compensation package for NC and staff had been disclosed in the previous year and was about £900k...must have dreamt that!

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 19:32, RiddingsRam said:

I think there's way too much emphasis on the increase in wages and amount spent on players with no improvement on the field . Let's not forget that Mel spent the best part of £11 million of that figure on Johnson and Butterfield, to replace Hughes and Bryson who were ruled out for the season . Now we're would we or could we have been if that figure had not been spent.  There weren't too many complaining at the time . 

Regarding the wage increase , I'm afraid that's part and parcel of modern football , like it or not every club will see a massive hike in wages. Can you imagine Newcastle, Villa , Norwich or even f##ests wage bill ?? 

We have signed some **** granted , but it's by far the not the only reason we seemed to have gone "backwards" . Vydra , Ince, Nugent, Baird , Carson, Pearce, Johnson, Butterfield , Bent , have any of them really been bad signings ? In my opinion the only bad signings have been Blackman and Camara.

You'd have to add Weimann to that list as well surely?

£2.5m and never looked like establishing himself.

1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

You'd have to add Weimann to that list as well surely?

£2.5m and never looked like establishing himself.

I don't class £2.5m as a lot of money to spend on someone who failed to establish themselves. If he'd managed to do so it would have been a complete bargain.

On that end though I don't really think badly of the Camara signing either. When you're trying to get bargains you get a lot of players who are actually worth that money. The fact is the average £2m player isn't good enough to get into our team.

Blackman has so far proven to be a heroically bad signing though. 

17 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't class £2.5m as a lot of money to spend on someone who failed to establish themselves. If he'd managed to do so it would have been a complete bargain.

On that end though I don't really think badly of the Camara signing either. When you're trying to get bargains you get a lot of players who are actually worth that money. The fact is the average £2m player isn't good enough to get into our team.

Blackman has so far proven to be a heroically bad signing though. 

This is pre-market boom.

£2,500,000 at the time was enough to get you Knockaert with £300,000 spare.

In fact, Knockaert was free the summer we signed Weimann… 

7 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

That makes me feel sick. Very typical of us really can't find anything linking us to him either! Very odd.

Well Russell had better stats than he did before he signed for Brighton. He also only just past Russell stats from last year by a couple of goals. Must have no end product plus 2!!

12 minutes ago, cannable said:

This is pre-market boom.

£2,500,000 at the time was enough to get you Knockaert with £300,000 spare.

In fact, Knockaert was free the summer we signed Weimann… 

But Knockaert is an exception

Brighton gambled and got an absolute bargain. Barely done anything in his career before Brighton, other than a moderately successful one season in Ligue 1. 5 goals and 5 assists in 42 Championship appearances for Leicester (when they were absolutely rampant). Zero of either in his 9 prem appearances.

Credit to Brighton for the successful choice, but hindsight is 20/20. At the time there wasn't much between the signings. At that sort of difference it comes down to which player the recruitment team *thinks* is a better fit. It's not obvious to anyone. 

Archived