Vydra

Jimbo Ram

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

How many of those who have Vydra on their list of 'outs' in the summer have changed their mind now? If we play him in behind the striker, we could have a really really good player on our hands. And he's still (relatively) young! 

A lot of people would have assumed that McClaren was going to be manager in the summer and in that situation I'm inclined to say he would've been ditched given Mac's fondness for 433.

Gary Rowett is a different manager with different ideas. We'll see what happens. 

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Vydra and recently have often found him to be one of the only players who look like they actually want something to happen. Against Brighton he was one of the very few who when they got the ball tried to run forward with it, tried to take us further up the field. Ultimately, it doesn't matter if you like Vydra or not. If Rowett likes him and thinks he can do well in the system(s) he wants to play, then he'll keep him. If not, he may go if there's any takers.

I'll trust Rowett's judgement on any player in the squad. If we sell anybody, other than perhaps Ince, I'll support that decision because I'm fed up now of our players' inconsistency from month to month. If a 'key' player has to go to make room for somebody who will suit our system more, and bring more of a benefit to the team as a whole, then it's worth doing.

9 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Thing is, everyone has been saying this for months - fans, commentators, players, onlookers , the lot

Why is it that it took until losing away at Forest and a new manager to put this thinking into place. 

Its one of those situations that reinforces supporters view that sometimes they really do know better than the management.

Can one of the more technically knowledgeable,football posters (Alpha, Bris ) explain why previous managers have not played him in this position but preferred to stick him out wide  ?

Don't forget, for the majority of the time he was on the pitch, he was being played out wide against Forest. There are enough examples in that game (defensive and offensive) that when they watch the video back they will see he should not be on the left. Hey even when Morris watches it with Rowett, I'm sure Morris will say the same thing.

Regardless of where he is played Vydra still has a lot to prove, especially given what he cost.. He scored a great goal yesterday but in recent matches he has missed some gilt-edged opportunities. He will most likely now get a run in the team until the end of the season and we will know a lot more then.

I think vydra will turn out to be a Derby fans fav , I believe he is a decent player with more than just pace once he gets a run in the side and our midfield get used to how and where he likes to make runs we will have real variety up front and he will not only score goals he will create goals for others with his movement creating space and if I'm honest I don't see this lazy player some see , he always looks to be putting a shift in and I reckon he will press the **** out of opposition defences when they have the ball 

i do think it's the end for bent as a starter barring injury.......Rowett seems to like a target man which at the moment is Nugent and vydra clearly fits in well behind him.

With match time perfecting this pairing ,i suspect that he will be looking to keep that set up with Russell out left and ince on the right.

He will want to get this well established for Martin's return I'm sure where we could really make it work.

Nothing to stop bent returning to his impact super sub role tho and i bet there are still goals in him this season for us.

8 hours ago, archied said:

I think vydra will turn out to be a Derby fans fav , I believe he is a decent player with more than just pace once he gets a run in the side and our midfield get used to how and where he likes to make runs we will have real variety up front and he will not only score goals he will create goals for others with his movement creating space and if I'm honest I don't see this lazy player some see , he always looks to be putting a shift in and I reckon he will press the **** out of opposition defences when they have the ball 

He did look lazy when coming on in the 433 but since he was given his start in the 4231 he's looked a different person

17 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

That 100% didn't happen, I guarantee you. Just someone looking for attention on the Internet.

I know. Twitter is the perfect place for attention seekers because there's plenty of people willing to provide the attention.

Bit late to this but I've been screaming for us to play him just behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1. Look at his time at Watford for example, playing just of a target man. To my knowledge, we've played him there for 30 minuets before he was subbed on Saturday and he already has a goal.

It appears to me that some people have already given up on Vydra without seeing him in his proper position which i find ridiculous. I think he could be lethal sat behind Martin next season and having the competition of Nugent will only spur him on.

On 20/03/2017 at 11:19, EnigmaRam said:

He did look lazy when coming on in the 433 but since he was given his start in the 4231 he's looked a different person

So your boss gives you a job both you and he knows your not best suited for, how enthusiastic are you ? yes your a pro, so you give it a decent shot but its obvious its not your thing and makes you look less than the pro you are.... then the powers that be say actually do what your best at.... you would try to smash it to show them thats what you should have been doing all along.

Thats been part of the trouble, buying players and then sticking them in where you need someone, whether its their best position or not.

Lets hope thats a thing of the past, its just a hope !

33 minutes ago, nfb said:

So your boss gives you a job both you and he knows your not best suited for, how enthusiastic are you ? yes your a pro, so you give it a decent shot but its obvious its not your thing and makes you look less than the pro you are.... then the powers that be say actually do what your best at.... you would try to smash it to show them thats what you should have been doing all along.

Thats been part of the trouble, buying players and then sticking them in where you need someone, whether its their best position or not.

Lets hope thats a thing of the past, its just a hope !

I would expect anyone to sprint for a ball to close the player down no matter what position the player is in. For £20-£30k a week surely that's the least you can expect.

a half arse jog is not acceptable. But like I said, last few games he's started putting a shift in and looked the better for it so fair play to him. Looks twice the player recently

Archived