Serial Bottlers

YorkshireRam

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Panic sets in at 90+ and there needs to be a remedy for that, hopefully rowett has found more about his team after that and will rectify it

russell should of wasted more time in the corner but that don't excuse the poor marking at the corner for there equaliser 

What would be nice is if,just for once,the whistle was blown on 90 minutes...I've never known us ever finish at that point!!

Rowett first game today nothing about lacking bottle at all, just need to work on minor things in training, all you negative ***** **** off to the city ground WE DO NOT NEED YOU, it's time to show our support to Mr Rowett, and the team, let's all back the team and manager and drive them on to victory. Once a Ram always a Ram. My Blood is black and white not Red.

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

Keogh got very defensive when asked if the players had to take some responsibility in the pre-match interview they had on Radio Derby. He said it was a bit unfair to say the players weren't trying (which isn't what was said) and didn't seem to agree that the players should take some of the responsibility. 

I don't think Keogh is the problem, but hopefully Rowett can sort out whatever it is.

That's his job.

25 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Rowett first game today nothing about lacking bottle at all, just need to work on minor things in training, all you negative ***** **** off to the city ground WE DO NOT NEED YOU, it's time to show our support to Mr Rowett, and the team, let's all back the team and manager and drive them on to victory. Once a Ram always a Ram. My Blood is black and white not Red.

***** ****?

I'll have you know there's nothing negative about brown ales.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What would be nice is if,just for once,the whistle was blown on 90 minutes...I've never known us ever finish at that point!!

We always finish at that point, unlike the opposition!

Are you suggesting these players are bottlers? Jeez, that's an interesting and original thought. We definitely haven't had a million threads on it recently. 

Nope sorry. This is very much a meltdown thread. 

5 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

This isn't a meltdown thread, nor is it being created in the heat of the moment, now just seems an appropriate time to raise the case.

Now is not the appropriate time to raise the case

4 hours ago, Shiltonthebragstadsb-lo said:

The Rams have dropped 10 points now this season in time added on, 2 at Bristol, 2 at Reading, 1 at Huddersfield,

1 v Cardiff, 2 v Preston, and 2 today . We have gained no points in extra time.

I asked this question in the pub....how many points better off would we be if we didn't keep ******* up late on (sorry I can't put it any other way..).

I wouldn't mind if we were conceeding 30 yard worldies but we're committing basic defensive errors, time and time again.

Free header's from set pieces....how many more times!

Ah well...suppose we'd of took a draw at half time.

Forest ********.

That's better!

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The players were not spineless today! Yes didn't manage the stoppage time well but second half especially showed tremendous bottle and character to turn a losing position around. Lots of positives today we can build on. 

I agree many positives and we did excellently turning it around initially... but what have we got to show from it? 1 point when it should have been 3.

I'm quietly confident Rowett will be able to fix these problems, he seems (on the surface anyway) to have good man management and hopefully can sort out our mental fragility because we're not going to get anywhere if we keep squandering winning positions like today!

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Wasn't at the game but today doesn't seem to be about bottling it.

we are poor at defending corners 

Am I imagining this or were we fantastic at defending set pieces under Pearson and through the WBA game under Mac? I seem to recall we were. A few games of mcclaren philosophy and we were suddenly dire and handing easy goals to the other team, leading to him saying "I know how to fix it" - reality is we need to get back whatever we had before. 

Archived