Bad Eggs

FrostedRam

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Errrm Robbie Savage coz he talks p1sh and Colin Gibson coz he talks......ermm looks like a bad egg wearing glasses!

I win the prize!......Go on, it's an Easter Egg isn't it?.....There bad eggs!

Pub open early?

;)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, europia said:

Perhaps in a very extreme case of unreasonable behavior. But we are not talking about hard labour in one of Mike Ashleys warehouses are we? No, it's highly paid supposed professional athletes being asked to perform a couple of times a week as instructed be the manager. Also worth considering that there have been 5 managerial changes. Are we to accept that those responsible for engineering those dismissals have got it right, and a number of reasonably knowledgeable and experienced managers wrong? I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I'm not the only one who suspects some unhealthy duplicity at the club. 

i agree with you stats say least running all season in fridays game i was there and can well believe thats true so how long does this situation go on. i think we are doomed  doomed i say doomed!

Whatever the alleged gripes of players (and you do wonder WTF they have to worry about sometimes, given the facilities and rewards), I'm sure that many fans are now entirely sick of this season-on-season capitulation.

It looks like a lack of conviction, pride, effort, concentration, discipline and conscience by the squad - under several different styles of management.

If they really cannot perform and will not recognise their opportunities and responsibilities, they need shipping out.  They will be under very close scrutiny once again, by Rowett and his backroom, and by fans.

Player of the Year? Soon, we'll be picking our Manager of the Year. Time for the nonsense to halt.

Get down to some honest work, Derby players, and win back some credibility.

C O Y R (but not necessarily this clump of failed players)

17 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

It looks like a lack of conviction, pride, effort, concentration, discipline and conscience by the squad - under several different styles of management.

Isn't that the problem? 

It's been several different styles of managers all being given enough time to add to the mess the squad is in but not fix it.

The players have been messed around as much as the managers.

You've had Weimann signed for a position that doesn't exist, Keogh stripped of and then reinstated with the captaincy, Baird made captain then stripped of the arm band before being loaned, Olsson, Camara and Blackman all signed by a manager whose days were numbered, Ince, Bent and Pearce all signed by a manager who had been sacked by the time they'd joined, Vydra and Anya signed for a system that was doomed to fail and did and then don't even get me started on the Martin ********. All this with three permanent  managers and one semi-permenant manager all trying to implement four different systems in just 18 months! All with their own views and who's in their plans and who isn't! 

It's a ******* wonder we're tenth or eleventh or whatever and not in the bottom three!

On 13/03/2017 at 20:59, Paul71 said:

I think we must have a squad full of bad eggs... Because they always get beaten.

You are wrong ,,, they win quite often ,it's just that they then go off the boil

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

A dig at the players including himself.

Can't see a dig at the chairman?

Also - doesnt seem to correlate with him being a bad egg according to some.

On 13/03/2017 at 20:10, FrostedRam said:

So it's fairly common knowledge we have a couple of bad eggs in the dressing room. Who at the drop of a hat go running to Morris and get managers the sack. 

In the opinion of the forum, who do we believe these players to be. As these have to be the first players out by Rowett. 

I would never trust anything written in the Dirty Evening Telegraph

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Isn't that the problem? 

It's been several different styles of managers all being given enough time to add to the mess the squad is in but not fix it.

The players have been messed around as much as the managers.

You've had Weimann signed for a position that doesn't exist, Keogh stripped of and then reinstated with the captaincy, Baird made captain then stripped of the arm band before being loaned, Olsson, Camara and Blackman all signed by a manager whose days were numbered, Ince, Bent and Pearce all signed by a manager who had been sacked by the time they'd joined, Vydra and Anya signed for a system that was doomed to fail and did and then don't even get me started on the Martin ********. All this with three permanent  managers and one semi-permenant manager all trying to implement four different systems in just 18 months! All with their own views and who's in their plans and who isn't! 

It's a ******* wonder we're tenth or eleventh or whatever and not in the bottom three!

Players have been subjected to different styles of play and 'motivational' approaches for sure...however, the core of players that 'nearly' did it vs. QPR remain, and still today form the basis of the team, so as we seem miles off that standard now, they haven't shown much adaptability to integrate new colleagues (or bosses) and the newcomers have mostly disappointed.

If you had a new boss at work, you'd have to adapt, improve, perform, as you don't have the cushion of wealth that our players enjoy.

I remember inheriting an admin team on taking up a role with a new employer, and altered some routines and procedures to speed things up. One very experienced girl told me the changes didn't apply to her, as she was going on maternity leave in a couple of months.

Her output changed marginally, but she pouted along, whiling away her time with an attitude doing the bare minimum...then I started streaming her work to a bright 17-year old trainee, who ran rings around her. The mother-to-be started asking for more work after a short while, helping others out, doing more varied work, upping her output, being sad to leave, blah.

Different to a bunch of players of course, but an example of adaptation and improvement.

Doesn't seem to show our experienced, incumbent players in a great light if you stretch the analogy in how they blend, adapt and integrate. FFS, they have had a go with several styles, and I conclude many just aren't up to it.

Even allowing for some square peg purchases and regular change, it doesn't seem that we have the capacity to get going when the going gets tough...we just give up the ghost and surrender games. Happy though if Gary finds the ability to make these characters shape up!

Of course I don't necessarily agree with loaning out Martin, Hanson, Weimann but how have others stepped up to the mark and taken the opportunity to secure a shirt?

It's partly that some of the players seem to carry the pressure poorly and feel the baggage of failure, perhaps needing a fresh start elsewhere, some aren't good enough to improve the team, and some may be distracted and self-obsessed by negative motivations and the flux of team selections. 

I am hoping that Rowett can instill and adhere to a pattern of play that garners points and develops players, as he has in prior roles and indeed as a Rams player and staff member.

Captain Keogh acknowledged today that players have a responsibility to perform when they cross that white line. Then he said it was unfair to suggest that players weren't really trying...nice try, but the evidence and the stats suggest you can't fool all the people all the time! (Yes, of course I know Richard is injured and could not contribute 'on the pitch...')

Looking forward to some new blood, or reborn players (!), forward passing, and shooting soon ;) 

23 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Calm down little one... It's been 9 pages of nothing really..

I know something big I can't tell ya.. Might be him, might be her.. You can sugar coat it all you want, it's nothing until it's something.

There is a joke in there somewhere, can you spot it?

A little patronising!!! 

For there to be a joke in there it needs to be funny, there lies the failure 

54 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

A little patronising!!! 

For there to be a joke in there it needs to be funny, there lies the failure 

A little sensitive!!!

Dont take life and your threads so seriously.. You might turn into Kash or Bris.. Then you are in trouble..

Someone 'liked' it anyway, so there lies the success..

12 hours ago, europia said:

Perhaps in a very extreme case of unreasonable behavior. But we are not talking about hard labour in one of Mike Ashleys warehouses are we? No, it's highly paid supposed professional athletes being asked to perform a couple of times a week as instructed be the manager. Also worth considering that there have been 5 managerial changes. Are we to accept that those responsible for engineering those dismissals have got it right, and a number of reasonably knowledgeable and experienced managers wrong? I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I'm not the only one who suspects some unhealthy duplicity at the club. 

Way to rewrite history

SM was sacked because of himself first time.

Clemeny went for reasons other than players moaning to Mel

Wassall wasn't the fans choice

Pearson was sacked because of results

so out of the 5 changes only the most recent has been linked to players undermining the manager. 

11 hours ago, davenportram said:

Way to rewrite history

SM was sacked because of himself first time.

Clemeny went for reasons other than players moaning to Mel

Wassall wasn't the fans choice

Pearson was sacked because of results

so out of the 5 changes only the most recent has been linked to players undermining the manager. 

thought there was more to the pearson thing, but it was no doubt catalysed by poor results and performances

Archived