Bad Eggs

FrostedRam

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FrostedRam said:

So it's fairly common knowledge we have a couple of bad eggs in the dressing room. Who at the drop of a hat go running to Morris and get managers the sack. 

In the opinion of the forum, who do we believe these players to be. As these have to be the first players out by Rowett. 

No it isn't common knowledge. It's assumed.

I dare say things get noticed by everyone at Moor Farm, from Morris to the dinner lady.

If it's noticed that the atmosphere is poor then Morris will know about it, and it's his business to find out why. That may mean he speaks to the manager, coaches AND players. And if you're a player and Mel asks what's up, you have every right to answer honestly.

Theres no way they go running to anyone.

No doubt about it, players do have more power these days, but that doesn't mean they're backstabbing snakes.

All this player bashing is getting daft. You'll never know what goes on. For all we know all of the previous managers messed it up themselves one way or another.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you think he told them not to run about?

Oh hang on, yeah he told Butters to pass forwards.

I don't know what he instructed them to do on Friday, but I'm sure it wasn't to go out and put in that sort of performance. But that's the point. Either they didn't believe in whatever the plan was (they should do its a basic requirement of a professional) or SM genuinely thought that formation and personnel was the best way to get a result at Brighton. Either way, it's a cause for concern.

Don't get me wrong, there are some serious deficiencies with our squad and its mentality. But we've been here before with SM - downturn in form, odd selections / tactics, player unrest. Sounds like the latter stages of 2014/15. And Newcastle last year.

11 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Too obvious.

A poultry effort.

So after a poor show on Fried-ay night the rumours were flying around that SM was going to be sacked. As the media scrambled for a story, Derby did nothing to quale (ok that's stretching it!) the rumours.  Steve however did not duck the issue and instead scotched the rumours. As the temprature on the forums boiled over.....and Steve tried to look on the sunny side.......behind the scenes he was being fried alive by the DCFC owner. 

I think that's enough poor puns from me.....over (easy) and out!!!!

13 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

I dare say things get noticed by everyone at Moor Farm, from Morris to the dinner lady.

If it's noticed that the atmosphere is poor then Morris will know about it, and it's his business to find out why. That may mean he speaks to the manager, coaches AND players. And if you're a player and Mel asks what's up, you have every right to answer honestly.

No doubt about it, players do have more power these days, but that doesn't mean they're backstabbing snakes.

All this player bashing is getting daft. You'll never know what goes on. For all we know all of the previous managers messed it up themselves one way or another.

You can't go slagging someone off for assuming something, and then by your own admission go and assume something yourself! That's poor form.

15 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Surely we are able to bash the players, it's the only thing we have left after the managers have been sacked 

2 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

You can't go slagging someone off for assuming something, and then by your own admission go and assume something yourself! That's poor form.

I didn't slag anyone off. I said it was an assumption.

I'm right. It isn't common knowledge. And you're right, I don't know that they don't go running. Im assuming also ??

3 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

Surely we are able to bash the players, it's the only thing we have left after the managers have been sacked 

Oh for sure the players need bashing. But for what they do on the pitch.

There may be times when they don't understand instructions or things don't go to plan.

But as professional footballers you'd think they could at least do the simple things.

I'll applaud anyone who comes in and immediately notices that although Christie is a unit, he's effin *****.

1 hour ago, Whitley ram said:

There's  a couple of angles which Pat Murphy has been pursuing on this. Out of control player power and MM the micro manager. There is possibly some truth in the first and the evidence certainly backs up the second! If the players have gone to MM to complain about SM then they can be accused of being disloyal. However they may have had a point. There can be no excuse for not giving 100% on the pitch, but if SM had lost their confidence and was unable to get them to gel into a unit (Friday certainly looked like that) then maybe blindly carrying on following his instructions wasn't something they were prepared to do.

im not defending their alleged behaviour, but it is interesting that lots of the negative reaction to the sacking is more about the manner and timing than shock that it happened to SM. His stock after Newcastle was low enough. It is even lower now

I actually believe that we the supporters pay a portion of the players wages by putting money through the turnstiles . What ever they think of the manager (if this is true)  they still have a duty to entertain and put in full effort. If they have an issue with the manager they settle it behind the scenes and not on the pitch at our expense. No excuse for the display on Friday just because they may or may not be fed up with decisions 

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Funny that the journalists never name the players when writing these stories, any idea why that is?

It could be BS. But journalists protecting the anonymity of their source isn't exactly new or uncommon. 

If it was good enough for Woodward and Bernstein then it's good enough for whoever you're on about Shirley?

Archived