Bad Eggs

FrostedRam

9 hours ago, GboroRam said:

There's a difference between posting a player isn't good enough or is underperforming, and suggesting he's a troublemaker or bad influence. Either way, we'd rather not give lawyers any grounds to sue due to defamation of character.

As right as you are to be wary considering what happened with the Telegraph forum (if I've heard right) do you think people without a footballers money should get the same courtesy?

I mean one of you moderators was quite happy to slander me as someone who doesn't like women ?). 

What if my name really was Stringer Bell and I was on the Forbes list? Would that change things? I'm just interested where the line is drawn.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Whitley ram said:

There's  a couple of angles which Pat Murphy has been pursuing on this. Out of control player power and MM the micro manager. There is possibly some truth in the first and the evidence certainly backs up the second! If the players have gone to MM to complain about SM then they can be accused of being disloyal. However they may have had a point. There can be no excuse for not giving 100% on the pitch, but if SM had lost their confidence and was unable to get them to gel into a unit (Friday certainly looked like that) then maybe blindly carrying on following his instructions wasn't something they were prepared to do.

im not defending their alleged behaviour, but it is interesting that lots of the negative reaction to the sacking is more about the manner and timing than shock that it happened to SM. His stock after Newcastle was low enough. It is even lower now

Interesting point this actually especially regarding unhappy players complaining above the mangers head.

I'm sure in the olden days (pre 2000's) you just handed in a transfer request if you were pished off.

Obviously you'd forfeit the remainder of your hugely inflated contract, but I can't think money would be a driving force for a footballer..........

...would it?

Unless people have proven knowledge then so called bad eggs are not apparent but if the senior players are asked about something they may have an opinion and the captain of any team has a role to represent and protect players so let's all pull behind the new manager and let him discard and recruit players for footballing reasons

26 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Unless people have proven knowledge then so called bad eggs are not apparent but if the senior players are asked about something they may have an opinion and the captain of any team has a role to represent and protect players so let's all pull behind the new manager and let him discard and recruit players for footballing reasons

It's whether the players are undermining the manager. If so we will never achieve anything. 

Footballing wise they've proven they're not good enough, so that suggests all of them need to be sold 

2 hours ago, FrostedRam said:

It's whether the players are undermining the manager. If so we will never achieve anything. 

Footballing wise they've proven they're not good enough, so that suggests all of them need to be sold 

I am not exactly what undermining a football manager actually means? Apart from not trying

3 hours ago, Igorwasking said:

Interesting that both Johnson and Keogh were back training the day after McLaren was sacked.

Not really. McClaren said Keogh might be fit for the Brighton match, but he just missed out. Johnson I'm not sure exactly what his problem was.

Besides, it was three days after the match. You can recover from a lot of niggles after three days.

So, if BBC commentator Pat Murphy is to be believed, Derby have several players on £30,000 a week.....ridiculous for a Championship club who have not received parachute money.

Who are these handsomely-paid players? Shackell, Bent, Ince, Bryson, Keogh?

No wonder a lot of them are quite happy to stay in the Championship on high wages rather than have to fight for their place in a PL team.

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I am not exactly what undermining a football manager actually means? Apart from not trying

Not trying, feigning injury, going above the managers head to complain about your personal dissatisfaction. 

Just a few things that would constitute undermining a manager. There are probably more.

Just now, europia said:

Not trying, feigning injury, going above the managers head to complain about your personal dissatisfaction. 

Just a few things that would constitute undermining a manager. There are probably more.

But we dint know what the players have complained about. If you line manager ignores your concerns you are quite right to go above them. It's then for their line manager to decide if your concerns are legitimate or not and take relevant action, obviously in this case Mel thought the players had a point.

Archived