Next New manager IN ?

Ibby

Who do you want to be Derby's next manager? (choices from odds list)  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

TobyWanKenobi
8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

care to put some actual substance behind your comments?

why is what iv said inaccurate, u have an opinion i assume?

lets hear it? 

My opinion is that anyone who uses the phrase 'sleeping giants' with a straight face is a loon.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've been banging the Warburton drum since before Clement came in, so I'm not going to change my mind now.  Despite the fact he hasn't done as expected in Scotland he was on a hiding to nothing competing with Celtic when Rangers are dealing in veterans & cheap talent.

Saying that, I'm not against Rowett in the slightest as he always come across very astute in interviews, and he know's how to organise a team, and get them playing as a unit.

Whoever comes in, I'd like us to stop throwing money at over-priced, under-skilled tosh, and begin to look for hidden gems again.  Providing they have the balls to tell Mel we don't need to spend £10m on midfielders that only pass sideways, they get my vote...

TobyWanKenobi
6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Its a football phrase... look it up

A football phrase parrotted by buffoons in this day and age.

1 minute ago, TheRamsAreGoingUp said:

Is rowett the man to get the rams up tho? Is he a nigel clough wanna be? I can see him getting sacked if he does not do owt in his first season as that's mels moto lol 

GR is not the answer. 

19 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

A football phrase parrotted by buffoons in this day and age.

Well, we're the 12th best supported club in the country who have been sat in the second tier of english football for god knows how long, bar an ill fated and brief stint to the top flight, we are floating around midtable obsurity, u have a more accurate phrase?

fyi, still waiting for that constructive footballing opinion of yours or are u just here to throw snyde comments at others opinions

This is properly dragging on now. Rowett obviously doesn't want the job or he'd already be installed. If he himself can't get excited about Derby County then how does he expect to inspire the players?

I was really excited about Rowett at first but now, if he is appointed, i certainly won't be renewing my season ticket.

TobyWanKenobi
13 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Well, were the 12th best supported club in the country who have been sat in the second tier of english football for god knows how long, bar an ill fated and brief stint to the top flight, who are floating around midtable obsurity, u have a more accurate phrase?

fyi, still waiting for that constructive footballing opinion of yours or are u just here to throw snyde comments at others opinions

The word you're looking for is average.  Counting fans. Jesus Christ man can you sound any more desperate?

You want a constructive opinion? Rowett is not the best there is, he's the best we can get. That's not something to be celebrated in my opinion.

And in 6 months he'll be gone and we'll be having this same conversation about another ex derby player. Maybe Paulo Wanchope or perhaps Paul Trollope.

4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

This is properly dragging on now. Rowett obviously doesn't want the job or he'd already be installed. If he himself can't get excited about Derby County then how does he expect to inspire the players?

I was really excited about Rowett at first but now, if he is appointed, i certainly won't be renewing my season ticket.

Rush is meeting Rowetts representative this afternoon apparently so I predict he'll sign tonight, he won't pass up this opportunity but will want certain assurances in light of Mel's trigger finger.

11 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

The word you're looking for is average.  Counting fans. Jesus Christ man can you sound any more desperate?

You want a constructive opinion? Rowett is not the best there is, he's the best we can get. That's not something to be celebrated in my opinion.

And in 6 months he'll be gone and we'll be having this same conversation about another ex derby player. Maybe Paulo Wanchope or perhaps Paul Trollope.

News flash,

gary rowett isnt the the best there is

glad i logged onto here for that pearl of wisdom lol

Let me go lie down while i recover from this groundbreaking news

Where did i say i was celebrating it? hes a good manager at this level and is our number one target so why complain?

Lets take a positive At least we do agree on one thing, he is the best we can get, its who the club want and its who the club will get

44 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Rush is meeting Rowetts representative this afternoon apparently so I predict he'll sign tonight, he won't pass up this opportunity but will want certain assurances in light of Mel's trigger finger.

Too late.

58 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

c1f1af67dd0996fd684682f5f84431c3f9d6ce485d238789809fb46175ba7aeb.jpg

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Please say that is said in gest lol

its not even been 24hrs yet since mac was sacked

agents still have to speak, contracts (for what theyre worth) have to be drawn up and thrashed out etc etc

chill winston, itll happen

i think i read somewhere they either said in the next couple of days or before the forest game, dont recall which top of my head  

Archived