I fear the end is nigh for young William

Derbados

Young Will looked like he was about ready to hand in a transfer request come the summer, looked utterly fed up, dejected  and frustrated. 

Wouldnt blame him, you could see him actually trying to position players, at one point he literally pointed to Butterfield to move into space in front of him so he could pass to him and Butterfield just stood and stared at him with his weird, hunched over posture, like he had no concept of forwards movement. Hughes had to then go backwards and you could see the frustration in his body language.

Enjoy him for these last few months, I don't think he'll be here come the start of next season. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he isn't. For his sake. If he is to kick on and progress, he needs to be playing with better players. Problem is, for much of this season he's looked pretty average so will a decent Premier League team come in for him?

Much as I'd love him to stay at Derby, I'd hate him to get to 25/26 and still be with us in the Championship, and all that potential and talent largely wasted.

5 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Young Will looked like he was about ready to hand in a transfer request come the summer, looked utterly fed up, dejected  and frustrated. 

Wouldnt blame him, you could see him actually trying to position players, at one point he literally pointed to Butterfield to move into space in front of him so he could pass to him and Butterfield just stood and stared at him with his weird, hunched over posture, like he had no concept of forwards movement. Hughes had to then go backwards and you could see the frustration in his body language.

Enjoy him for these last few months, I don't think he'll be here come the start of next season. 

yes...he now looks like he's had enough of mediocre team mates. 

8 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Dont be so sure

We have gone backwards to were we were 4 years ago and Will and Ince could be looking to get out

Tharts a fear that is becoming unavoidable. I hope not, but, could see them both going. I thought to myself at the Preston match that Ince is playing like he wants to be in the top flight.

34 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

yes...he now looks like he's had enough of millionaire team mates. 

I know you all don't think money is the thing but for Will, it isn't, he loves Derby. He's said himself, he never wanted to go anywhere else,  but really, Will, 

15 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

I know you all don't think money is the thing but for Will, it isn't, he loves Derby. He's said himself, he never wanted to go anywhere else,  but really, Will, 

I think if you look at the source I think I said "mediocre"...easy mistake like...:mellow:

18 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

He recently signed a £35,000 a week new contract making him highest earner by some distance. After rejecting three previous offers. Course he's not in it for the money...... 

They all are. 

Wise up.

1 minute ago, Warren Hobhead said:

He recently signed a £35,000 a week new contract making him highest earner by some distance. After rejecting three previous offers. Course he's not in it for the money...... 

They all are. 

Wise up.

Your obsession with putting down Hughes at every opportunity and talking up Butterfield is getting a bit strange...

7 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I think if you look at the source I think I said "mediocre"...easy mistake like...:mellow:

Yeah, I was just making a point...like

12 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

They all are. 

Wise up.

sorry, I thought the bloke that doesn't even play for us, has signed for more a week, so they say , happened at the end of January.....anyway, February was fun...

Archived