I fear the end is nigh for young William

Derbados

I stand by my comments from last night. 

We were awful last night. Barring Vydra, to a man we were terrible and Brighton embarrassed us. 

And yes, I think Hughes and all footballers are motivated more by money than they are by playing for the mighty Rams. I can't believe that came as a shock. 

Enjoy your weekend.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nottingram said:

Hughes or Ince would both be absolutely crazy if they weren't in McClaren's office right now with a transfer request in hand. And I wouldn't blame either of them.

Or maybe their wise enough not to look at the very short term. Maybe they like McClaren and trust him long term to get it right? Just a thought.

He didn't become a bad player overnight, i think he's seen our general decline over the last 2 months and like most of us is despairing. He must surely be considering his future, i believe he stayed because he though again like most of us we could go up, but i just cant see it happening anymore,not until we re-build , i dont think he'll want to wait any longer for the Prem so i think this summer he will go too, sad as it seems, as despite his critics here who say he's sh!te, ultimately the lad is a quality player, with a real footballing brain. Sad day when he goes for me, our best player by a mile.

I hope he's carrying an injury to be honest. If he's being left out for tactical reasons, then I suspect SM has lost the plot.

It's not east viewing at the moment and I don't dispute that Will hasn't played well since the Leicester game. I don't dispute that this hasn't been his best season either. However, I'd build the future around him. Include Carson, Keogh, Ince and Martin as core players, hope that Thorne and Forsyth are able to come back [ is that really going to happen though] and then do what we seem incapable of doing by buying the relevant, able, strong, quick and hungry players to fit in around them.

I was sat among half a dozen Newcastle fans in a pub yesterday. All were asking whether we could take any points off Brighton last night. "You've got good players, what's gone wrong?" said one of them.

Try answering that...I told them not to expect anything by the way......

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

He really doesn't. Would not get close to the Liverpool team. Lallana does not always start for them and he is an England international already proven at Premier League level.

Might not do now but its sure better than rotting here. Think his game might suit the prem more

23 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

Dont be so sure

We have gone backwards to were we were 4 years ago and Will and Ince could be looking to get out

i dont think we have gone backwards so much as the fact that the teams above us have strengthened and it is a much tougher league this year

Archived