Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I really like Nugent. 

He's a bit of everything (or not enough of anything :ph34r:)

No wonder he's popular wherever he goes. 

He's very hard to dislike, he's always got a smile on his face and he always gives it his all. Pleased to have him at Derby, think he has a lot to offer us.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He's a bit of a "Dave"

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He's very hard to dislike, he's always got a smile on his face and he always gives it his all. Pleased to have him at Derby, think he has a lot to offer us.

Did you hate him at Leicester though? Always grinning and just being a complete pain in the backside. Appealing for everything he battles for. Always roughing our players up. And you had all those blue muppets in the stands cheering his every move.

Complete tool. 

And now he's ours! I wish he was younger. Everyone could benefit from a Nugent in their squad

Just now, Alpha said:

Did you hate him at Leicester though? Always grinning and just being a complete pain in the backside. Appealing for everything he battles for. Always roughing our players up. And you had all those blue muppets in the stands cheering his every move.

Complete tool. 

And now he's ours! I wish he was younger. Everyone could benefit from a Nugent in their squad

Yep! 100% on that, loathed him at other clubs, love him for us! I do like to see a player that gives his all like Nugent, I can forgive players that try their best and don't quite succeed a lot more easier than those with obvious talent but with attitude problems. See Adebayor at all of us clubs for a prime example.

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

From a neutral's perspective, it was probably the best Derby v Forest game for years. I thought there were a lot a positives for us, a few for the dogs and I could at least see what Rowett had been working on in the short time he has been at the club. 

I do think the remainder of the season is going to be a learning curve for the players and for Rowett. I just want to see a few positives in the process and a little bit of an inclination that we are going in the right direction. 

I do wonder why Hughes was on the bench? It seems interesting that Clement, Pearson & McClaren have all opted to drop him from the starting XI, now Rowett has followed suit. It's clearly not ability in question, so attitude and fitness has to be mentioned. 

Lessons to be learned. 

Plus, forgot to mention, I can definitely see Forest getting relegated which would be funny. 

Not funny. Bloody great.

18 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Is it only me who's happy with a draw ? Listened to the game on the radio and watched what I could through dodgy streams ! The draw sounded about right! Nice to see a MOTM performance from bryson , proper midfielder. 

No. I'm also really happy with the draw. Plenty for Rowett to think about - he's had first hand experience now of our set piece & last minute bottling issues - and the point keeps forest firmly in the shiiittt!

Just to try and lighten the mood....

Sky Bet Championship Lowest Finishing Midlands Club 16/17

Burton 4/5

Nottingham Forest 11/8

Birmingham 6/1

Wolves 22/1

Aston Villa 750/1

Derby 5000/1

Forest now 1/3 for the drop.

Really pleased with our pressing second half. I hope this wasn't just a case of doing it as it was a derby match. It's something the players should be doing every week.

It's all about aggression. You can sit back and be compact, but if you're going to counter you need to turn the ball over quickly, and in order to do so you simply have to press hard.

In the first half there wasn't any aggression off the ball. We just let Forest knock it about and we didn't get close enough to them. Second half was much better, and we forced their errors which led to our goals.

I can't remember the last time Tom Ince had so much space and licence to drive at them. That came from us sacrificing possession (we had 34% only) but utilising the space on the counter.

First half was terrible. Second half I saw potential, there were many positives to take from it.

Had to sit in with the home fans today. If you think we've got a set of moaners, try sitting in the Clough stand. The reaction to Clough getting subbed must of been a shock to Warburtons system, plus the cheers for Assombalonga getting subbed was loud. He's not flavour of the month. The size of McCormack??? 

They were there for the taking today. We should of put them to bed so many times in the 2nd half. I'm a fan of Ince, but time and time again he choses to go alone and wastes opportunities. He has to hit the target in the first half. Please don't use Vydra wide again, he played so much better behind Nugent, but ran out of gas. To be honest, the whole team looked done after 85 mins and encouraged the late onslaught. 

The celebrations in the away end looked brilliant. I was sat right behind Nugents header and knew it was going in as soon as he touched it. 

Going forward we looked dangerous, we need a fit Hughes to dictate play and the sooner we get Forsyth fit the better. Rowett has a good base to build upon, and he will sort out our weaknesses. 

On that showing today, I reckon Forest are in real danger. Warburton will keep on encouraging the pass and move ethic, however they need scrappers to get them out of trouble. I'm not convinced they've got them, and there is a groundswell of unhappiness in the stands. 

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Is it only me who's happy with a draw ? Listened to the game on the radio and watched what I could through dodgy streams ! The draw sounded about right! Nice to see a MOTM performance from bryson , proper midfielder. 

No m8 that can't be right mclaren wouldn't play him the clown that he is 

Just out of curiosity... if Forest went down, would anybody be genuinely interested in any of the Forest players coming here?

I think Osborn is a good player even though he's a cheating little toerag. Brereton looks good but he's been linked to better things and not too sure on Assombalonga personally. Clough is also a good player. He moved from Bolton to get out of League One, can't imagine he'd want to hang around there for long if he finds himself straight back down there. Other than those four, there's not an awful lot to choose from.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Just out of curiosity... if Forest went down, would anybody be genuinely interested in any of the Forest players coming here?

I think Osborn is a good player even though he's a cheating little toerag. Brereton looks good but he's been linked to better things and not too sure on Assombalonga personally. Clough is also a good player. He moved from Bolton to get out of League One, can't imagine he'd want to hang around there for long if he finds himself straight back down there. Other than those four, there's not an awful lot to choose from.

I like Osborn, good player whenever I've seen him play, Derby lad and fan too. That's about it. 

57 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Just to try and lighten the mood....

Sky Bet Championship Lowest Finishing Midlands Club 16/17

Burton 4/5

Nottingham Forest 11/8

Birmingham 6/1

Wolves 22/1

Aston Villa 750/1

Derby 5000/1

Forest now 1/3 for the drop.

They're going down ... 

Foooookem ...... 

Their cup final and they couldn't sell out .... They will be at home in league one. 

Archived