Eranio

bucktwo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I didn't support Bahar Mustafa. Never heard of her, that's why.

She's racist against white people. Made a jokey comment about killing all white people. She was arrested because of it, which is wrong. I think she and Eranio should be allowed to work and eat.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Yeah he could be a child murderer - also wouldn't want one of those managing my club. Could be homophobic - wouldn't want one of those managing my club either. 

What's with all this 'my club'? it is just a club that you have supported for a few years. I don't doubt the sincerity of your sentiments - well, I might do, but hey, that's life.:D

40 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

But I think people who eat meat are all stupid. I've learned to accept people have opinions I consider to be odious and have no desire to consign them to a life on the scrapheap because of it.

I've got friends who are vegans so I can't be a stupid meatist, can I?☺

5 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

Yea I said scots but it was in the random things that annoy me thread, not random things that I hate

Stand corrected...and isnt this the type of distinction he is trying to make? ?

Language and meaning are easily twisted.

He's apologised...let's move on. He made an ill-advised comment, how many times does he have to be punished/reminded I'd say. 

10 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Stand corrected...and isnt this the type of distinction he is trying to make? ?

Language and meaning are easily twisted.

He's apologised...let's move on. He made an ill-advised comment, how many times does he have to be punished/reminded I'd say. 

100% agree. Context etc.

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

But I think people who eat meat are all stupid. I've learned to accept people have opinions I consider to be odious and have no desire to consign them to a life on the scrapheap because of it.

The concept is called freedom of speech/expression, something you apparently think is stupid.

Yes as I said to Anon, Eranio's opinion might hurt some people's feelings. That's not the end of the world.

How can you compare disliking somebody because they eat meat with disliking somebody because of the colour of their skin? Ridiculous comparison and ridiculous to suggest that being racist is something that should just be accepted.

30 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Him and Michael Johnson could debate just that! Lol. Apology should cover it I guess.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

How can you compare disliking somebody because they eat meat with disliking somebody because of the colour of their skin? Ridiculous comparison and ridiculous to suggest that being racist is something that should just be accepted.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Here we go, you've done it now...

The concept is called freedom of speech/expression, something you apparently think is stupid.

Yes as I said to Anon, Eranio's opinion might hurt some people's feelings. That's not the end of the world.

That isn't what freedom of speech is. Nobody has censored him. In fact what he said was highly publicised.

Surely the liberal stance on this is that businesses can deny work to anyone for any reason they choose? There's no court order demanding that nobody gives Eranio work. People are free to give him work if they want. You're free to speak, not free of damaging your reputation or employability. He's perfectly entitled to say whatever he likes but he must know that in a free society where businesses are free to make their own decisions on employment, it could damage his chances of finding work.

And before you give the utterly predictable response about anti-discrimination laws and reverse racism and all that, surely if they're an issue then so is what you are saying.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Well I mean from my perspective eating meat is much worse than having a daft opinion. And yet I still don't want you sacked. Try it.

7 minutes ago, Tombo said:

That isn't what freedom of speech is. Nobody has censored him. In fact what he said was highly publicised.

Surely the liberal stance on this is that businesses can deny work to anyone for any reason they choose? There's no court order demanding that nobody gives Eranio work. People are free to give him work if they want. You're free to speak, not free of damaging your reputation or employability. He's perfectly entitled to say whatever he likes but he must know that in a free society where businesses are free to make their own decisions on employment, it could damage his chances of finding work.

And before you give the utterly predictable response about anti-discrimination laws and reverse racism and all that, surely if they're an issue then so is what you are saying.

You have a very simple view of freedom of speech if it begins and ends with government censorship, as though pressure from special interest groups with their grievances and outrage culture are healthy for society.

I recommend Brendan O'Neill. 

I'm a vegan. I don't want people who eat meat to be managing my club. But I've learned to accept that people don't meet my notion of perfect. And those same people need to make a living.

Laugh at racist people, don't stop them from working. That would make you worse than a racist.

I've never read so much tripe in my life. Yes stop racist people from working, were aiming for a world where we stop racists existing. These are people who think some people are second class because of more melanin in their skin... 

Vegans vs non vegan is an argument that has pros and cons on both sides. There are NO pros for racism. 

Your views on this say an awful lot about your character. 

16 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Don't worry I'm not one of them types. Never owned a pair of sandals in my life.

You have a very simple view of footwear if it doesn't include sandals.

I recommend Crocs.

29 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

You have a very simple view of freedom of speech if it begins and ends with government censorship, as though pressure from special interest groups with their grievances and outrage culture are healthy for society.

I recommend Brendan O'Neill. 

Well they aren't. But that's the price of liberalism. If a man publicly declared that the next place of work to employ him will be shot up, someone would still be allowed to give him a job. If they then went and did it, where's the protection of the other employees? He shouldn't be allowed to do that.

A man who publicly declared his totally unfounded view and incorrect view of black athletes should not really be working with black athletes.

What if he was to convince Cyrus Christie that his intellectual ability to think tactically is limited?...

****...wait...

Nobody say it...

I think he would be a great coup on the coaching staff ... we may even get back to a couple of Italian players of quality getting us off our backsides a little more often and would definitely raise the standard behind the scenes .. in a football sense at least . Form is temporary quality is permanent  He was good , very good.

38 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Well I mean from my perspective eating meat is much worse than having a daft opinion. And yet I still don't want you sacked. Try it.

Eating meat is worse than disliking someone because of their race?

Makes total sense...

Archived