Eranio

bucktwo

42 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Didn't look good that...!  but I was thinking in the 'random things I hate' thread did someone not say 'Scots'?

Now I didn't think twice about that...

Context is key with respect to Eranio...which is what he had tried to say himself. 

Yea I said scots but it was in the random things that annoy me thread, not random things that I hate

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

"It's irritating to be thrown to the wolves like this. The truth is I gave an incorrect opinion, in the sense that if I'd had to time to explain I would've said that I meant black players have never had a school of football in tactical terms similar to ours.

"Rudiger read the situation badly because black players are not accustomed to paying attention to certain details. If they were as detail-oriented as us, then they'd dominate the sport, because they have it all when it comes to strength and technique.

Can't say I understand exactly what he's saying. But I presume he means non-Italian black players?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can't say I understand exactly what he's saying. But I presume he means non-Italian black players?

The problem with his reasoning is that the player in question is a German international, born in Germany, raised in Germany, and taught how to play the game exclusively in German youth systems. Eranio's clarification, if anything, makes his comments worse. It suggests that he doesn't believe a black person can ever be as "detail-oriented" as a white person, even if their upbringings were exactly the same. I disagree vehemently with that opinion, but I have no problem at all with him coming back to the club or his rightful status as a Derby legend. I do not have to agree with every single opinion espoused by an individual to respect them. Eranio is welcome back any time so far as I'm concerned, just so long as he doesn't get on the mic and start giving out about Olsson, Lowe, and Christie being rubbish defenders.

Racist my arse. I'd love him back but that's purely a sentimental response. If Mac thinks he can do a job on the coaching side, then good luck to them both. I doubt it will come to anything though.

7 minutes ago, Anon said:

The problem with his reasoning is that the player in question is a German international, born in Germany, raised in Germany, and taught how to play the game exclusively in German youth systems. Eranio's clarification, if anything, makes his comments worse. It suggests that he doesn't believe a black person can ever be as "detail-oriented" as a white person, even if their upbringings were exactly the same. I disagree vehemently with that opinion...

Yes, I agree. I wondered if that was what he meant.

31 minutes ago, Anon said:

The problem with his reasoning is that the player in question is a German international, born in Germany, raised in Germany, and taught how to play the game exclusively in German youth systems. Eranio's clarification, if anything, makes his comments worse. It suggests that he doesn't believe a black person can ever be as "detail-oriented" as a white person, even if their upbringings were exactly the same. I disagree vehemently with that opinion, but I have no problem at all with him coming back to the club or his rightful status as a Derby legend. I do not have to agree with every single opinion espoused by an individual to respect them. Eranio is welcome back any time so far as I'm concerned, just so long as he doesn't get on the mic and start giving out about Olsson, Lowe, and Christie being rubbish defenders.

Yup. Bigots are entitled to their opinion and need to earn a living.

Unless somebody oppresses people with their racism or whatever ism then the most you can say about them is they are an upsetter of people's feelings. If they did oppress people with their bigotry then their bigotry would only be their secondary problem anyway.

I said earlier there's worse things to be than a racist. One such thing would be somebody who would deprive somebody of their job for having a different opinion.

4 hours ago, bcnram said:

I think there are plenty of worse things to be than racist. 

4 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Aye.

Yeah he could be a child murderer - also wouldn't want one of those managing my club. Could be homophobic - wouldn't want one of those managing my club either. 

Sith Happens

I would be interested to know if those defending him would offer the same defence to say someone like Kenny Burns if he said it in his newspaper column.

Loved him as a player, not sure I would want him coaching players if he has a preconception about a player based on the colour of his skin. He actually used the words 'when its time to think they often make this type of mistake', maybe he's the one who should have stopped to think...

33 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Yeah he could be a child murderer - also wouldn't want one of those managing my club. Could be homophobic - wouldn't want one of those managing my club either. 

I'm a vegan. I don't want people who eat meat to be managing my club. But I've learned to accept that people don't meet my notion of perfect. And those same people need to make a living.

Laugh at racist people, don't stop them from working. That would make you worse than a racist.

5 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I'm a vegan. I don't want people who eat meat to be managing my club. But I've learned to accept that people don't meet my notion of perfect. And those same people need to make a living.

Laugh at racist people, don't stop them from working. That would make you worse than a racist.

What a stupid statement. I'm sure Derby's black players would love being coached by a guy who thinks they're all stupid. 

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

What a stupid statement. I'm sure Derby's black players would love being coached by a guy who thinks they're all stupid. 

But I think people who eat meat are all stupid. I've learned to accept people have opinions I consider to be odious and have no desire to consign them to a life on the scrapheap because of it.

The concept is called freedom of speech/expression, something you apparently think is stupid.

Yes as I said to Anon, Eranio's opinion might hurt some people's feelings. That's not the end of the world.

6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Won't somebody think about the white people!

I supported Bahar Mustafa when she was facing prosecution. Although she arguably should have lost her job, not because she is racist, but because her outlook may prevent her from doing her job. Nevertheless, no witchunt from me. Just ridicule.

3 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I supported Bahar Mustafa when she was facing prosecution. Although she arguably should have lost her job, not because she is racist, but because her outlook may prevent her from doing her job. Nevertheless, no witchunt from me. Just ridicule.

I didn't support Bahar Mustafa. Never heard of her, that's why.

Archived