Eranio

bucktwo

So ... why is Stefano in Derby on a wet March Saturday afternoon ? is it worth speculation on a future role as "head coach " with MacLaren moving to director of football at the seasons end ? 

Stranger things have happened and he was certainly someone who played the derby way . ...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

So ... why is Stefano in Derby on a wet March Saturday afternoon ? is it worth speculation on a future role as "head coach " with MacLaren moving to director of football at the seasons end ? 

Stranger things have happened and he was certainly someone who played the derby way . ...

Isn't it an anniversary for when he scored against Barnsley in our first season in the 'prem'? Maybe back for piece for the Rams player. Not sure his career is going anywhere after those ridiculous racist comments.

This is what Eranio had to say about the incident. I would say a poor choice of words really in the first instance.

"It's disappointing that people have created all this controversy," he told Tuttomercatoweb. "I didn't offend anyone and I don't want people to make out as if I'm racist. Anyone who knows me is well aware that I am not.

"It's irritating to be thrown to the wolves like this. The truth is I gave an incorrect opinion, in the sense that if I'd had to time to explain I would've said that I meant black players have never had a school of football in tactical terms similar to ours.

"Rudiger read the situation badly because black players are not accustomed to paying attention to certain details. If they were as detail-oriented as us, then they'd dominate the sport, because they have it all when it comes to strength and technique.
"It was a misunderstanding, I don't want to be made to appear racist. If they didn't like my comment, they could've just told me. Why create all this controversy?"

Yes it's not quite in the Ron Atkinson league of gaffs .... but then his WBA team and Manchester United team were entertaining and successful ... perhaps Big Ron should be DOF with Eranio as head coach ? 

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Isn't he a massive racist now? Not sure if I'd want someone that unsavoury representing my club. Don't care how good he was. 

Pathetic by you, he probably shouldn't have said what he said on tv, but it was no big deal and probably represented his experience. 

8 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

There are worst things to be than racists? Is that your official stance on racism? 

Didn't look good that...!  but I was thinking in the 'random things I hate' thread did someone not say 'Scots'?

Now I didn't think twice about that...

Context is key with respect to Eranio...which is what he had tried to say himself. 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Amazing signing by Jim smith, he came in as a right back but had so much ability he had to play in midfield he will probably be the only signing we make from AC Milan and a Milan when they were seriously good.

Those triangles we used to play down the right though.

They all went through him. Superb player.

Archived