Eranio

bucktwo

2 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Actually Eranio did say what you are saying in a Italian newspaper interview following his original comment...posted below using google translate.

"The footballer, born in Genoa, has made some statements to the newspaper Il Secolo XIX, saying he was "disheartened" by the charge of racism and apologizing for the incident: "It was not my intention to offend anyone, if I did it right that pay my mistake. "The former football player and now former commentator on Swiss TV, stressed that he never intended to make discriminatory and offensive statements, reiterating the significance of the offending sentence: "Just wanted to say that African football school usually care little about the tactic: if did, the European teams would not win more than one game. African players, in general, aim more on their physical strength, they know they are strong and therefore often little care for the tactical part. There are exceptions, like Thuram and Desailly, who were also tactically very strong. " A thought that Eranio himself admits to not being able to express well and insists that I have never ever been a racist: "I'm sorry to have given that impression."

Too late Stefano I'm afraid, the mob have made their mind up!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I thought he from inter Milan?

56 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Pretty sure he went from Inter to AC

He went from Inter to AC in the summer and we signed him in the Nov iirc. Loved him growing up and was made up when he signed. Gutted he didn't stay longer but as a soldier of God he was needed elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

He went from Inter to AC in the summer and we signed him in the Nov iirc. Loved him growing up and was made up when he signed. Gutted he didn't stay longer but as a soldier of God he was needed elsewhere. 

Thats how I remember it as well. November. I think he came on an initial three-month loan.[10] He made his debut for the Rams on 18 November 2000, playing the full 90 minutes in a 2–0 home league win over Bradford City. In January 2001, West signed an extension to stay with the Derbyshire side until the end of the 2000–01 season.[11]. iirc :ph34r:

47 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Thats how I remember it as well. November. I think he came on an initial three-month loan.[10] He made his debut for the Rams on 18 November 2000, playing the full 90 minutes in a 2–0 home league win over Bradford City. In January 2001, West signed an extension to stay with the Derbyshire side until the end of the 2000–01 season.[11]. iirc :ph34r:

Good memory you've got there stringer. ??

22 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

In your opinion. 

Others may think there are.

Just because you decide there are no pros to racism it does not make it a fact.

For the record, I'm not a racist but understand the point the @StringerBell is making.

As for 'scientifically proven', I usually take that to mean 'until scientists change their mind again'!

Anyway, Eranio great guy and I'm sure if he was racist he would not need to waste his time denying it.

I can't get my head around this. You're okay with people being racist?! 

Gobsmacked. 

There are NO pros to racism ffs doesn't take a philosopher to realise that. Ridiculous from you. 

I thought the subject of this post was "Eranio" not is Eranio racist !? 

I think people are very quick to judge dispite not knowing the guy.He said something stupid which was translated poorly and twisted he did by no means ever say anything negative towards black people or black players nothing that would warrant the tag "racist" 

my dad was translator for him and baiano when they first signed and I met Eranio on several occasions he is an absolute gent who loves Derby through and through.He also has many many back friends non of whom whould describe him as racist 

people should be careful labelling an individual when they have no knowledge of the subject or person in question.Were this  not a forum and in fact real life certain posters would be subject to defamation of character which is actually idegal 

In response to the origanal question / post Eranio is setting up youth training camps in Italy with a view to setting one up over the summer in the Midlands and possibly Switzerland so he was in Derby looking at potential training centres or land I guess.He also visits Pride Park at least once a season anyway, for what it's worth I think he would be an amazing assistant manager or youth coach .He was in charge of 2 AC Milan youth teams for 8 years so he has the qualifications and experience he's also Derby through and through and we need people like him at our club.

As for when he played for us , absolute class act, great vision , touch and excellent passer of the ball.Not many were on his wave length towards the end of his career at Derby 

27 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Gobsmacked. 

There are NO pros to racism ffs doesn't take a philosopher to realise that. Ridiculous from you. 

I am ok with people having different views to mine. How can I judge a person for being racist when I don't know their reasons behind it.

That is completely different to being racist or agreeing with it.

Just as you say there are no pros to racism, a vegan may say there are no pros to eating meat, just because a scientist has said it is ok that does not make it right. 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Gobsmacked. 

If there are no pros, why did it take so long for the emancipation proclamation to be signed in the US? A lot of people lost a lot of valuable "property" as a result.

Unfortunately, if there is something to be gained from something unsavoury, some people will be able to twist their morals to make it ok.

I find racist views abhorrent (and the exploitation of animals), but you can't paint people in binary colours, there's so many shades of grey.

Anyway, Eranio, what a player!  I think his statements were lost in translation and I understand the point he was trying to convey.

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Gobsmacked. 

Well we've been trying to give you pointers but you don't seem willing to listen.

He isn't okay with people being racist. Where do you get that from? He's presumably just not prepared to toss people on the scrapheap because they are.

If it would help you understand more, imagine stating your position that racists shouldn't be allowed to work and earn a living to somebody. And now imagine them having your response to us, telling you you're ridiculous because you tolerate racism as you don't think all the racists should be shot.

That's how you come across. You're an authoritarian (which is a worse thing to be than a racist).

Archived