Eranio

bucktwo

26 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Yeah you're right.

All I'm saying is - are people free to hire who they want or not? Like I said, with an absolute commitment to that stance.... Gay cakes anyone?

Its important where the lines are drawn and it can get murky trying to make sense of some of this.

This came to mind earlier when I thought about this subject. Ultimately it comes down to the way you think the world should be run. If it's wrong to refuse to make a cake for a gay couple because you don't agree with their sexuality, it must also be wrong to refuse to employ a man who could* be suitable for the job on the basis that you don't agree with his views. Just as nobody chooses to be gay, nobody chooses to harbour racist views, they are coloured (wahey!) by their life experiences and simply just the way they are.

That said, I'm not sure I'll be in attendance at this years Racist Pride march...

*I'll compromise and say that his ability to do the job as a coach of a team containing black players is on a knife edge at the very least, because for all his talent his beliefs may have him going down blind alleys as far as instructing players goes. If he assumes that Chris Baird is more tactically sensible than Cyrus Christie (Don't do it! I'm warning you!) then we have a problem if he comes to that conclusion without observation.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I've never read so much tripe in my life. Yes stop racist people from working, were aiming for a world where we stop racists existing. These are people who think some people are second class because of more melanin in their skin... 

Vegans vs non vegan is an argument that has pros and cons on both sides. There are NO pros for racism. 

Your views on this say an awful lot about your character. 

This is actually an incredibly offensive thing to say to me considering the context.

Its a bit triggering.

9 hours ago, StringerBell said:

'Stop racist people from working.'

Congratulations, you are worse than a racist.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you will never achieve your aim.

That's a bit of a generalisation isn't it?

And they can think whatever they want. Read some Orwell if you want more tripe.

Well I disagree on that. And one day far, far into the future vegans might outnumber meat eaters which would put them in a position of power. How should such a society treat meat eaters in such a scenario, bearing in mind most vegans would not share your view there is a valid argument for meat? Shall such a society consign all meat eaters to a life on benefits with Eranio?

I certainly hope so.

I am worse than a racist because I'd hope to eradicate this sort of pond life from existence? 

You are absolutely 100% on drugs OR you're on a wind up. 

I don't think there's anyone on this forum I have a lower opinion of. 

12 hours ago, Kernow said:

How can you compare disliking somebody because they eat meat with disliking somebody because of the colour of their skin? Ridiculous comparison and ridiculous to suggest that being racist is something that should just be accepted.

It's the same way that other people can compare making a comment about something players do on a football pitch, to not liking them because of their skin colour I guess. 

If a manager said he prefered black players because they tend ti be faster and more athletic would there be an uproar by white people? Would that mean this manager didn't like white people because of the colour of their skin?

11 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I've never read so much tripe in my life. Yes stop racist people from working, were aiming for a world where we stop racists existing. These are people who think some people are second class because of more melanin in their skin... 

Vegans vs non vegan is an argument that has pros and cons on both sides. There are NO pros for racism. 

Your views on this say an awful lot about your character. 

No what you are saying is because you think there are pros for eating meat it is ok.

I'm guessing a vegan would think there are no pros so it is not ok. 

I am worse than a racist because I'd hope to eradicate this sort of pond life from existence? 

Yes. Absolutely. Your actions make you worse than somebody who has bad thoughts. Welcome to the world of liberalism.

You are absolutely 100% on drugs OR you're on a wind up. 

Do you want some?

I don't think there's anyone on this forum I have a lower opinion of. 

Would you like to contact my employer and share your feelings about me? 

29 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I will just put this out there. 

I thought he was just ok as a player for us.  Surrounded by much better players than him. 

There I said it. 

Yes, the Italian international was obviously made to look good because he had Darryl Powell and Lars Bohinen alongside him.

He looked very well, slim and fit. 

Surely, these are the sort of knowledgeable, intelligent ex-players we should be using as our eye's and ear's with the regard to scouting/signing of young up and coming players of 'potential' on the continent.

I do believe has been a club manager in Italy at sometime. 

2 hours ago, bcnram said:

You rascal, you are just looking for bites :-) 

I am really not...I always wanted to like him and was really excited when we signed him as I was a huge Italian football fan but I was just never bothered about him when we was here....maybe I was just going through my Morrissey phase again..?

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 13:01, Sparkle said:

Amazing signing by Jim smith, he came in as a right back but had so much ability he had to play in midfield he will probably be the only signing we make from AC Milan and a Milan when they were seriously good.

Taribo West.

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

No what you are saying is because you think there are pros for eating meat it is ok.

I'm guessing a vegan would think there are no pros so it is not ok. 

No scientifically there are pros and cons to meat free and non meat free existence. There are no pros for racism. Jesus wept! 

19 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

No scientifically there are pros and cons to meat free and non meat free existence. There are no pros for racism. Jesus wept! 

In your opinion. 

Others may think there are.

Just because you decide there are no pros to racism it does not make it a fact.

For the record, I'm not a racist but understand the point the @StringerBell is making.

As for 'scientifically proven', I usually take that to mean 'until scientists change their mind again'!

Anyway, Eranio great guy and I'm sure if he was racist he would not need to waste his time denying it.

22 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Isn't it about context though? If I said that most players from Africa make bad defenders because clubs over there don't focus on the tactical aspects of training, and all of them defend like Richard Keogh, would that make me a racist?

Did Eranio know the player in question was raised in Germany and came through a European based academy.

Nevertheless, Eranio did apologize and stated he made a mistake and was wrong. Makes him a bigger man in my eyes.

Actually Eranio did say what you are saying in a Italian newspaper interview following his original comment...posted below using google translate.

"The footballer, born in Genoa, has made some statements to the newspaper Il Secolo XIX, saying he was "disheartened" by the charge of racism and apologizing for the incident: "It was not my intention to offend anyone, if I did it right that pay my mistake. "The former football player and now former commentator on Swiss TV, stressed that he never intended to make discriminatory and offensive statements, reiterating the significance of the offending sentence: "Just wanted to say that African football school usually care little about the tactic: if did, the European teams would not win more than one game. African players, in general, aim more on their physical strength, they know they are strong and therefore often little care for the tactical part. There are exceptions, like Thuram and Desailly, who were also tactically very strong. " A thought that Eranio himself admits to not being able to express well and insists that I have never ever been a racist: "I'm sorry to have given that impression."

Archived