Steve McClaren

DEL

32 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Have we not steered clear of the relegation places?

Have we not scored more goals under Mac? We scored three in nine games under Pearson, and under Mac we've scored 30 in 23. Go figure...

Improve team performances... Have we not done that? Dont you remember the 1-0 defeat at Burton Albion where we were dire... Or the 2-0 loss at Barnsley? Compare that to Mac's reign.

Haven't the likes of Hughes, Bent and Ince played better under Mac?

Were you not cheering when we beat Forest 3-0? Or when we also scored three goals against Reading, Wolves, Ipswich, Rorherham? Or when we won 7 on the spin? Or did you prefer Pearson's reign?

I don't get this will Hughes hS been fantastic under mclaren , will Hughes is a fantastic player but his last half a dozen performances have been woeful , do u not see that ? 

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
Just now, valleyram said:

I don't get this will Hughes hS been fantastic under mclaren , will Hughes is a fantastic player but his last half a dozen performances have been woeful , do u not see that ? 

I haven't seen his performances in the away games but I agree he has been poor in the last three home games and I'm surprised that he started against villa and Blackburn. 

9 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Six poor performances! In that case, let's skip the booing and move straight to tarring and feathering the useless ****, eh?

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Six poor performances! In that case, let's skip the booing and move straight to tarring and feathering the useless ****, eh?

That's an unfair interpretation of his comment, and a bit puerile if I'm honest.

42 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

Heading towards relegation trouble?

Still not scoring enough, one shot against winless Villa?

Improvement, well that fell flat pretty quick

No, not particularly.

I cheer every win, as I die a little inside bit every time we don't turn up or play that tippy tappy sideways. backwards cack we have been subjected to pretty much from 6 games into that 'run' of wins.

Mac out!

Bloody hell

24 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

That's an unfair interpretation of his comment, and a bit puerile if I'm honest.

It was meant to be a joke fella. Sorry you're offended and feel the need to resort to name-calling to make your point. Tad hypocritical perhaps?

52 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Thats called the honneymoon period alot of managers have this and will hughes went on but has lost form last few weeks 

When was Pearsons?

Seems lots of fans just want to make an anti-Mac point, don't care about how well we do with him.

8 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Here's a plan.

Let's sack Mac and bring in Wassall until the end of the season.

Then bring in a new manager and give him a dozen games or so. If we are not in the top 2, get rid of him and give the new guy about the same amount of games and see where he is. If it is not where most of us expect, I.E top 6, let's get rid of him and bring Wassall in until the end of the season.

For gods sake give the man who has come in and inherited a mish mash team of at least 4 different managers, a chance.

The trouble is when Pearson left we were bottom 3, we then had that 'new manager' bounce and we got into the playoffs (with a lot of luck and a team cobbled together and many playing out of position). All of a sudden the expectations are raised above where we actually are as a squad. Suddenly we are now finding our real potential in this league which hopefully top half at best with the current crop. (And correct me if I am wrong, most of us would have taken top half after the first 12 games). Now we ant a new manager???

Some on here need to take a step back and manage their expectations.

Rant over

Bloody good rant mate - I'm with you all the way. We definitely need stability.

43 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Must be bitter. 

21 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

How is he failing? His job remits would have been...

- steer clear of relegation places - achieves

- Get the team scoring again - acheived

- Improve team performances - achieved

- Improve player performances - achieved

- Give fans something to cheer about again - achieved

2 hours ago, Purpleram said:

Simply the most deluded post EVER

SO @Purpleram I'm guessing you consider your response here to be constructive and in the spirit of debate. Or was it an attempt at humour. Hard to tell really fella :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

When was Pearsons?

Seems lots of fans just want to make an anti-Mac point, don't care about how well we do with him.

Not really just pointing it out that managers have these periods! Iv not said i think we should sack sm, we need to stick with a manager and let him get his own team together but i do think sm aint the man to take us up but who ever is in charge il support them and the team.  Who said anything about pearson, pearson was unlucky because he got the blame where now sm has taken back over everybody sees its the players that aint good enough 

3 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Not really just pointing it out that managers have these periods! Iv not said i think we should sack sm, we need to stick with a manager and let him get his own team together but i do think sm aint the man to take us up but who ever is in charge il support them and the team.  Who said anything about pearson, pearson was unlucky because he got the blame where now sm has taken back over everybody sees its the players that aint good enough 

I thought you seemed to be suggesting that Mac's good early results were down to a 'honeymoon period' rather than his ability. If such a thing exists where was Pearson's was my question. I think we had good results early on for a few reasons, a return to positivity and some luck, but don't ignore Macs skill. :)

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought you seemed to be suggesting that Mac's good early results were down to a 'honeymoon period' rather than his ability. If such a thing exists where was Pearson's was my question. I think we had good results early on for a few reasons, a return to positivity and some luck, but don't ignore Macs skill. :)

So if his results before December were down to skill, a fair enough conclusion on the face of it, what about the results since, what are they down to?

Archived