Finances, wages and embargo

superalbyrams

So this season we won't make the playoffs, although having spent more than 30million pound in the last 2 years and having a huge wage bill. Reliable journalist Alan Nixon suggested by far more than 25 million pounds.

Staying in the championship I fear Derby will not spend too much next summer, in a bid to avoid the embargo. Let's just hope the club dont have to sell ince for a 15 million in the future.........so, I suggest (and hope) there will be a good riddance of players next summer....

Here I put some approx wages of the players.....they arent precise, but it gives the idea of how much money Mel is throwing away...

Scott Carson      15k a week  

Cyrus Christie    8

Craig Forsyth    10

Craig Bryson     20

Jason Shackell   25

Richard Keogh   20

Johnny Russell  15

Ikechi Anya        20

Tom Ince           20

Darren Bent       20

Chris Baird        15

Bradley Johnson 30

Alex Pearce      15

Julien De Sart   10

Jacob Butterfield  15

Will Hughes  15

Abdoul Camara  10 

Kelle Roos        5

Nick Blackman  20

Matěj Vydra   20......

David Nugent  20

Marcus Olsson  15

George Thorne  15

Out on loan

Chris Martin 25/30

Andreas Weimann 15

Thats a total of 400k per week, more or less,.........

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, superalbyrams said:

So this season we won't make the playoffs, although having spent more than 30million pound in the last 2 years and having a huge wage bill. Reliable journalist Alan Nixon suggested by far more than 25 million pounds.

I lost interest at the point highlighted in bold 

William 'best player at the club by a countty mile and just negotiated myself a new contract' hughes on 15k... id doubt it

On a more deeply deeply depressing note if bradley johnson really is on 30k a week im going to pull out my eye balls, dice them into quarters and pickle them in white wine vinegar so theres no chance i can ever, ever read that statement again.

if he is the person responsible should be hung drawn and quartered and sold to pukka  

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

William 'best player at the club by a countty mile and just negotiated myself a new contract' hughes on 15k... id doubt it

On a more deeply deeply depressing note if bradley johnson really is on 30k a week im going to pull out my eye balls, dice them into quarters and pickle them in white wine vinegar so theres no chance i can ever, ever read that statement again.

if he is the person responsible should be hung drawn and quartered and sold to pukka  

If Mel starts doing a "free pie" promotion, be afraid..........

Back to the OPs point, I think we are going to be seeing a bit more fiscal control as we work up to what FFP allows. Club policy is to work to ffp. Weather that is smaller fees or selling the odd £10+ player to balance spending a bit, we'll see.

Lol, 

especially if sam rush goes missing

agree with that.

i really think this club needs an injection of young, fresh and hungry players, players with something to prove in football, players where moving to derby county is the biggest thing to happen to them.

We need to invest in a scouting network that do more than just look at opta for the championship and see who hot this month we need to get down and dirty and go lower league and dare i say it ....... scotland too lol

Ok maybe not scotland lol, 

But seriously, hunger and fight gets u along way in this league, not big time Charlies who have made their cash and landed on a big pay day at mels expense

Bigger question for me is actually will the club be prepared to sell a significant number of players for much less than they bought them for; Vydra, Butterfield, Weimann, Camara, Blackman, Anya. If you even recoup half of the transfer fee reportedly paid (or 2 mill for Vydra) I'll be pleasantly shocked.

53 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Bigger question for me is actually will the club be prepared to sell a significant number of players for much less than they bought them for; Vydra, Butterfield, Weimann, Camara, Blackman, Anya. If you even recoup half of the transfer fee reportedly paid (or 2 mill for Vydra) I'll be pleasantly shocked.

They need to be prepared too as they may not have a choice. They simply aren't good enough and we need to get some quality in if we are serious about going up

Its hard to try and work out exactly how much has been spent, for example it was reported an insurance pay out on Hughes and bryson last season funded Johnson and Butterfield. 

I think we let Mel worry about the finances, he seems to have a fairly good business acumen.

Archived