Ideas to get the atmosphere going

Sexydadbod

It's fair to say that the Derby fans have been very quiet the last few years and hardly ever get behind the team when the team needs them the most. Instead they are quiet like the stadium is a library or better yet abuse the players. I can't remember if it was at the start of this season or last season but the club did a sound projector thing to see which stand generated the most noise(no surprise that the south stand won) and everyone seemed to enjoy it and got involved(don't pretend you didn't get involved because you probably did). However, that wasn't during the game and was only tested out before the game or at half time. I'd suggest doing this regularly and have the monitor project which stand makes the most noise at any given time. Of course there will have to be rewards for doing so e.g if over the course of a season the east stand makes the most noise, then they will be given 20% off their next season ticket. This will get the atmosphere going as the fans will know there is a further incentive to get behind the team in the form of a reward. I for one think that it is a splendid idea, what does everyone else think?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

It's fair to say that the Derby fans have been very quiet the last few years and hardly ever get behind the team when the team needs them the most. Instead they are quiet like the stadium is a library or better yet abuse the players. I can't remember if it was at the start of this season or last season but the club did a sound projector thing to see which stand generated the most noise(no surprise that the south stand won) and everyone seemed to enjoy it and got involved(don't pretend you didn't get involved because you probably did). However, that wasn't during the game and was only tested out before the game or at half time. I'd suggest doing this regularly and have the monitor project which stand makes the most noise at any given time. Of course there will have to be rewards for doing so e.g if over the course of a season the east stand makes the most noise, then they will be given 20% off their next season ticket. This will get the atmosphere going as the fans will know there is a further incentive to get behind the team in the form of a reward. I for one think that it is a splendid idea, what does everyone else think?

Fantastic idea.

I'd take it one step further, and employ roaming gangs like Boca Juniors, who hand out beatings to those fans not making enough noise.

I'm not even joking.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Of course there will have to be rewards for doing so e.g if over the course of a season the east stand makes the most noise, then they will be given 20% off their next season ticket. This will get the atmosphere going as the fans will know there is a further incentive to get behind the team in the form of a reward. I for one think that it is a splendid idea, what does everyone else think?

The reward bit is that you get to see the team do better. :D But maybe you could try for 15% off stuff from the club shop?

I've got an idea...

how about we try and squeeze all more people in. Maybe stand them up if that makes more room? We could make tickets even cheaper.

we could also remove the phone signals and 3G capabilities of Pride Park to encourage people to 'talk' and see if that makes a difference.

3 minutes ago, Waffle said:

I've got an idea...

how about we try and squeeze all more people in. Maybe stand them up if that makes more room? We could make tickets even cheaper.

we could also remove the phone signals and 3G capabilities of Pride Park to encourage people to 'talk' and see if that makes a difference.

The winner!

The more I think about it the more I think this is a fantastic idea if I do say so myself. It would help the solidarity of the people in the stands if this idea gained some popularity. I'm a generous man and I'm willing to go 60:40 with the revenue with the group with this idea.Think about it, do you ever go to some matches and don't talk to the people around you? With this idea you would be able to say to the person next to you, "are you ready to make some noise?" Common purpose, solidarity, aim to win. It would almost be like a wrestling match between the different stands with a fatal four way

South stand v North Stand v East Stand v West Stand

You may think that the South Stand would win but the North Stand would be my dark horses with the amount of children there capable of being noise.

The main people who would benefit from the increased atmosphere would be the players. It would also help the PR of the team as it would emphasise that the club still has a connection with its fans. I can picture it in the Daily Mail with the headline: "Rams show English football is not dead."

I am buzzing with excitement at the prospect of this idea taking off.

Archived