Ideas to get the atmosphere going

Sexydadbod

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Waffle said:

We could wire mic's in and around the south stand and beam crowd noise through the speakers

I think people are self conscious about making noise so a chant which is prompted and supported by the loudspeakers might encourage the meek to join in.

I echo the calls for the banning of phone use. I have been around people who rarely look at the football. Why do they bother?

3 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

How to get the atmosphere going ... let me think ...

How about winning football matches and that? :)

You'd think so wouldn't you, but it's dead even when we are winning. The trouble is when you are expecting to win every game, or feel entitled to win every game, then it's difficult to get excited about being in the lead and winning is no longer enough.

2-0 up against Cardiff, you would have expected the South Stand, and all those so-called die hards, to be buzzing and bouncing,  but everybody was just "well, that's what we expected, do you think you deserve any praise?".

Derby fans have always been a bit "go on then, entertain me!". We've always been a reactive crowd for about as long as I can remember (25 years or so). Might have been different in the halcyon days, of course.  

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

How about the happies sing Kumbaya My Lord... 

The 'mouth breathers' (WTF is that by the way), can sing 'You can stick your kumbaya up your arse' East Stand take note.

People who's default facial expression is glassy-eyed, mouth open, vacant looking. Breathing through their mouths because they haven't figured out nostrils yet.

They are like this all the time - watching the TV, playing football and having sex.

Usually when I watch England, the 'exciting new attacking midfielder' from whichever Prem club is sporting the expression while the pundits enthuse about him. Just before England lose to some powerhouse like the Isle of Man.

5 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

People who's default facial expression is glassy-eyed, mouth open, vacant looking. Breathing through their mouths because they haven't figured out nostrils yet.

They are like this all the time - watching the TV, playing football and having sex.

Usually when I watch England, the 'exciting new attacking midfielder' from whichever Prem club is sporting the expression while the pundits enthuse about him. Just before England lose to some powerhouse like the Isle of Man.

CZ-EweTXEAAAir6.png.fbf95db114d86cd24854116db5cc292d.png

Exhibit A

23 minutes ago, LazloW said:

How is that supposed to happen when all the people who want to sing have already moved to the South Stand? I mean, why else is anybody sitting there? 

I think some people are there for cheaper tickets, some people are there to stand, some people are there to video the atmosphere without joining in themselves. There are also plenty of fans around the other 3 stands who want to sing and make a bit of noise, but don't get the backing from others around them. You could argue "what do they expect, the South Stand is for singers" but it's a football match, not the opera!

All just my opinion obviously!

13 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

I think some people are there for cheaper tickets, some people are there to stand, some people are there to video the atmosphere without joining in themselves. There are also plenty of fans around the other 3 stands who want to sing and make a bit of noise, but don't get the backing from others around them. You could argue "what do they expect, the South Stand is for singers" but it's a football match, not the opera!

All just my opinion obviously!

My season ticket used to be next to the home dugout. I bought it for the view and I seemed to interact with players and former players which I enjoyed. Including watching a football match sat next to Saul Deeney. 

However if I tried to join in with the chants, I'd often get looks and I almost felt awkward for standing up for hating Forest, so that turned into a half squat.

I genuinely miss watching home games from that perspective but sitting/standing in the south stand makes match day's better. 

14 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

If I was the manager I would want every player to have an attempt on goal in every game. Would make us unpredictable and every now and then we'd get a heap of goals.

The game needs structure in 2/3rd of the pitch. In the last 1/3rd I want exactly that, unpredictable.. What ever happened to the maverick? Coached out of the game. When I played I was a defender, easy life when you know what the striker is going to 9 times out of 10.. Get yourself set, show him his weak side.. He's gonna take me on all the time, easy, I wont worry about the cross so much and visa versa. Always struggled with the loony who just did what he wanted.

Football has way too much structure nowadays.

I blame the yoof system in pro clubs.. Piss poor.

27 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

The game needs structure in 2/3rd of the pitch. In the last 1/3rd I want exactly that, unpredictable.. What ever happened to the maverick? Coached out of the game. When I played I was a defender, easy life when you know what the striker is going to 9 times out of 10.. Get yourself set, show him his weak side.. He's gonna take me on all the time, easy, I wont worry about the cross so much and visa versa. Always struggled with the loony who just did what he wanted.

Football has way too much structure nowadays.

I blame the yoof system in pro clubs.. Piss poor.

I agree we need more unpredictability but every time a player like Camara tries and fails the crowd recoils in horror. 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Instigate a culture of giving support above all else. The what are you giving me attitude that has been part of modern consumer culture is very tedious and makes matches tedious.

Supporting is about the giving not the getting, like any great love.

DCFC = love

:cool:

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Instigate a culture of giving support above all else. The what are you giving me attitude that has been part of modern consumer culture is very tedious and makes matches tedious.

Supporting is about the giving not the getting, like any great love.

I would give this two likes.

Love your club don't hate the opposition. This is football not war and we pay for entertainment not to deliver vitriol because we're unhappy with other areas of our lives.

Your last line is true unless you're a submissive ?

Two guaranteed ways of improving the atmosphere at any football ground in the country.

1) 11 players on the pitch playing entertaining winning football.

Or

2) A large number of likeminded fans together in a stand, tanked up with a drum and **** it we're going to sing regardless as it's a day out from the missus. No good having like minded fans scattered around a stand of amateur YouTubers or penny pinchers.

South Stand incentive was ruined by ticket pricing.

Even with one of these you have to accept that 3 out of 4 stands will not be super vocal, it doesn't help that many songs now are not family friendly which rules out large sections of a ground.

Can you see the West/North stands joining in with Collymores a ****** or if you don't ******* bounce you're a red? 

This isn't the 70/80's anymore, footballs changed so songs need to also change and less chance of being seen as "offensive".

Against modern football and all that I know but you don't have to like it to accept the reality of where the game is now.

21 minutes ago, David said:

Two guaranteed ways of improving the atmosphere at any football ground in the country.

1) 11 players on the pitch playing entertaining winning football.

Or

2) Even with one of these you have to accept that 3 out of 4 stands will not be super vocal, it doesn't help that many songs now are not family friendly which rules out large sections of a ground.

Can you see the West/North stands joining in with Collymores a ****** or if you don't ******* bounce you're a red? 

This isn't the 70/80's anymore, footballs changed so songs need to also change and less chance of being seen as "offensive".

Against modern football and all that I know but you don't have to like it to accept the reality of where the game is now.

1) Manure and their prawn sandwich fans?

2) The people in the stands haven't changed that much, even at the BBG the boring stands would join in with most chants. They won't join in if there's nothing to cheer or if other's haven't started the chants is my view.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

1) Manure and their prawn sandwich fans?

2) The people in the stands haven't changed that much, even at the BBG the boring stands would join in with most chants. They won't join in if there's nothing to cheer or if other's haven't started the chants is my view.

1) Entertaining winning football which has been lacking since Fergie left. Old Trafford is a big big ground and you really notice it when football isn't going their way. Probably the best away fans in the country to make noise as well, not just generic chants either they've had a fair few unique ones that have been modified elsewhere.

2) Times have changed, the Class of people have changed due to the cost of football, political correctness. 

Archived